Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43685 times)

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2006, 02:26:36 am »
I agree- it'd be cool to be able to shoot the nades people throw at you.
Does anyone realise what this would mean??? Grenades would just explode whenever you tried to throw them while being shot by any auto!

option?? thats just stupid, ether none or none, there are already enough options and this idea would change the game so much it would just split apart the community.

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

hardly, ever played halo? grenades explode when hit in that, but it is NOT plausible to hit them succesively with ANYTHING, auto, plasma, needler, whatever. think about it, projectiles travel very fast, so each shot gets only a short opportunity to hit the grenade. the solution? auto? hell no you get too little accuracy to hit a nade, even if by luck. unless its like a laser thats a constant stream, you arent going to hit the nade on purpose unless your very very very lucky.

In a 2D environment, it's far easier to hit what you aim at. There are more points on your screen where you can aim to hit your target. In a 3D game, shooting a nade requires aiming at a very small area on your screen. In Soldat, it requires aiming anywhere on a given line, from your character to the edge of your screen. Having an extra dimension makes it a whole different ball game.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2006, 09:57:06 am »
I agree- it'd be cool to be able to shoot the nades people throw at you.
Does anyone realise what this would mean??? Grenades would just explode whenever you tried to throw them while being shot by any auto!

option?? thats just stupid, ether none or none, there are already enough options and this idea would change the game so much it would just split apart the community.

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

hardly, ever played halo? grenades explode when hit in that, but it is NOT plausible to hit them succesively with ANYTHING, auto, plasma, needler, whatever. think about it, projectiles travel very fast, so each shot gets only a short opportunity to hit the grenade. the solution? auto? hell no you get too little accuracy to hit a nade, even if by luck. unless its like a laser thats a constant stream, you arent going to hit the nade on purpose unless your very very very lucky.

In a 2D environment, it's far easier to hit what you aim at. There are more points on your screen where you can aim to hit your target. In a 3D game, shooting a nade requires aiming at a very small area on your screen. In Soldat, it requires aiming anywhere on a given line, from your character to the edge of your screen. Having an extra dimension makes it a whole different ball game.

that's true. Soldat is only X and Y, meanwhile 3D-games are X, Y and Z ( Z=side to side). well, to hit a nade in 3D-games may be very hard, but in Soldat it isn't too hard. but not too easy either.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2006, 06:22:07 am »
but wait, so what were you guys argueing that we havn't covered already?

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2006, 10:33:47 am »
dunno, i'm just dissgussing... :P
well, which one of the avoiding-nade-explode-in-face-ideas is best?

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2006, 11:50:46 am »
Percentage, definitely. Every bullet his own chance of triggering a nade.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2006, 01:49:01 pm »
Bad idea, it's just not very plausable without making it ridiculous, eg. percentages. This could be exploited by hackers easily, we wouldn't be able to say they're hacking if the nades don't always explode, they can also blame non-explosions on lag.

How this garbage made it to 10 pages is beyond me, sorry guys.

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2006, 05:02:58 pm »
Awesome idea I totally support this idea.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2006, 05:10:15 pm »
Bad idea, it's just not very plausable without making it ridiculous, eg. percentages. This could be exploited by hackers easily, we wouldn't be able to say they're hacking if the nades don't always explode, they can also blame non-explosions on lag.

How this garbage made it to 10 pages is beyond me, sorry guys.

it shouldn't be any change for the hackers, they're hacking games anyhow. and i still doesn't think it should causes lag, it's just a small add-on. it doesn't lag when you're throwing a nade at one person and after that shoot an other, does it? :P

ArmedManiac

« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2006, 06:17:28 pm »
It's not so small. This could honestly change the game quite a bit. I don't like it becuase I really really like nades.

Offline Doc

• Soldier
    • Soldat Files Directory
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2006, 07:16:03 pm »
hackers might be a problem, but then again what if hardwire it in themain game. But then we wont be able to edit that.

Then again why not just make thoe options in teh server.ini well of course that how it might be or in weapons.ini

About hacker, they run a code that soldat cant track or soldat just listens to how players act with in server. If teh game it self scans evry code that is running on teh computer befor starting and after any code started while in teh game then any hacker will get detected.. no?

I write what i think, by now i forgot what i wrote.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2006, 11:43:07 am »
No. I only think that nades, m79's and LAWS should blow up each other.
well it woud be weary good to me i always imagine that they do so i some times waste and m79 shot or an law shot just to do it sadly i cant just learn that it don´t works
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Doc

• Soldier
    • Soldat Files Directory
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2006, 01:51:16 pm »
coretion, it does work.... you can even use a grenade to stop a law.. atleast it works for me

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2006, 10:27:52 am »
ArmedManiac: I love nades too, that's cause i want this add-on ;D i shouldn't start a topic about something i don't want, should i?
Doc: that's true, you're able to detonate a nade with a m79-"bullet", but real bullets would be more...cool :P

ArmedManiac

« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2006, 12:41:32 pm »
I don't want nades any worse at all. I don't see how this will possibly make it better for the thrower, only so the throwee can blow up your nade before he gets blown to bits. If someone can tell me a solid reason it would help the thrower I'd be fine.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2006, 06:38:09 am »
i don't really get your point. you mean that the trower could gett blowed 'cause an other guy shoot the nade nearby the trower? then we've got a few ideas to avoid this (read main message). and this should add more action into the game, that's one reason :P

ArmedManiac

« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2006, 01:39:52 pm »
No, I don't like it becuase my nades would never get to the person. He would just shoot him and I would have wasted a nade. I avidly use nades, and I throw them on the ground in a tunnel to stall as much as I throw them at people's faces, and that would make it even worse.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2006, 01:42:00 pm »
I'm starting to believe that this discussion is going nowhere... ¬_¬

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2006, 04:13:27 pm »
I'm starting to believe that this discussion is going nowhere... ¬_¬

Oh but it is.

i'll say it again, chance is not a gamemode, and nades blowing up from every bullet would make nades the most useless weapon in the game. hell, FISTS would be better than nades if this was implemented.

scg_912

« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2006, 05:15:47 pm »
Good idea,but to shoot something as small as a nade in Soldat u'll need some luck so basically there wouldnt be a 100% chance that u will shoot it neer the enemy.

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2006, 12:16:53 pm »
The chances of hitting a nade would be very slim... u have like half a second to hit the nade, thats about 4 bullets with the average auto. Then u first would need to trigger the nade, which has only a small chance. With 4% chance with each bullet, this gives 1-0.96^4 = 15% chance, assuming u hit the nade with every bullet, which is very unlikely. I dont see why this would drastically unbalance things for the throwers, it would just add a nice extra random element to the game.