Poll

Should you be able to shot nades?

Yes
Only your nades
Only others nades
No

Author Topic: Bullet + Grenade = Boom  (Read 43711 times)

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
Re: Bullet + Grenade = Boom
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2006, 01:25:47 pm »
holy shit, i hope the 300 word comment i just made actually did show up! it isnt showing!! OMG WTF SCHOOL COMPUTERS! dudes, seeing as how i cant see it, im going to cry now, and remake it later.

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Gore

• Major(1)
« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2006, 02:01:42 pm »
I don't like the idea, speciallly since lag makes difficult to hit even other players some times, now you want to shot grenades. The game's engine is another limitation also, i don't think its up to it.

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2006, 07:39:01 pm »
Tybs a grenade explodes by itself only after 3 seconds, not half a second. By then there is plenty of time for an auto to shoot it.

I'm strongly against.

But it'd be funny if someone could make a mod that did this (obviously not a weapon mod) and skeet shooting servers started appearing. =D

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2006, 06:25:31 am »
i want this to be a check-option, so the admin are able to choose if you'd be able to shoot nades at his server or not.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2006, 12:37:08 pm »
no, no check no nothing, this would screw up grenades.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2006, 09:58:38 am »
oh well, your choice. but it seems like not everyone thinks like you.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2006, 05:59:07 pm »
50 do though. 
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2006, 06:50:20 pm »
OK here's what I think...

If it affected enemy nades it would force people to use nades primarily as distractions rather than real damage as it is very easy to hit a nade with a bullet, auto or not. Although this would not necessarily be bad, it would be a huge change to gameplay so I doubt it would ever be put in.

If it affected your own nades only... what purpose could this server? Possibly a slightly quicker nade boost? It just seems impractical either way but I'll see what you guys have to say before I vote Yay or Nay.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2006, 11:04:46 am »
did you read all the main message? :P
well, please do it if you didn't. if you havn't get the information you searched for then ask me again. ;)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2006, 05:36:19 pm »
^^^^yes, if u read the main post you have to acknowledge that this does not render grenades useless or extremely underpowered.  However, i still oppose it.  not strongly, but i am opposed.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline The_Ninja

• Soldier
  • erm...
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2006, 12:54:05 am »
hell yes, awsome idea *votes yes*

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2006, 02:11:43 pm »
Tybs a grenade explodes by itself only after 3 seconds, not half a second. By then there is plenty of time for an auto to shoot it.

Sry, i should have explained more clearly. I know that a nade explodes after about 3 seconds, but i meant that when fighting against another soldat, throwing a nade into his face only takes about half a second, probably less. Nades would still prove useful when fighting against others, for enemies would have a very short time to hit the nade in that situation (and to my experience, nades are mostly used to either throw into peoples faces or to nade-spam).

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2006, 03:48:28 pm »
popsofctown, what should make you change? any add-on to this idea? :P

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2006, 08:06:59 pm »
well, this biggest problem i have with this idea, altho detonating explosives with bullets is generally awesome... is that as it is the grenades already explode at the ideal moment you want them to, when they hit their target.  As a result, this does not help the thrower any, except in rare instance when a nade lingers right next to your target.  Even then, nade splash damage is weak.  So, unless i missed something big, this feature would mostly help the defender.  And for him, i don't think it matters exactly where you put the %chance of detonation, i think he will have too much defense power or too little... 

On a seperate note, i think shooting your own cluster grenades makes a whole lot of sense, just because of the spread nature of the weapon.  I would support those being detonated by bullet. 

This feature as-is would be something the defender uses to detonate grenades while they are away from himself.  That doesn't enhance gameplay or improve balance.  I'd like it if this feature was more of something the attacker used to detonate grenades while they are near the enemy.  And i think that might be a lot of what your going for, i just dont think it will work out, soldat's grenade is just in a bad position for this otherwise good idea.  A seperate tertiary similar to cluster grenades that explodes from getting shot would be cool.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2006, 04:22:34 pm »
Hmm, didnt think of clusters yet... yes, that would be nice as well. Pops, i suppose u voted for "only ur own nades"?

Offline Padishar

• Major(1)
  • Step aside, knave!
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2006, 04:30:47 pm »
It would add more skill to the game if it was possible to shoot enemy nades out of the air like in all those action movies. That would be fun, especially if as soon as he threw it you shot it so it blew up in his face.
Prejudice Test:  What do you call a bearded black man flying a plane?  A Pilot, you racist!

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2006, 05:44:50 pm »
i didnt, but i maybe should have.  i feel so-so about shooting your own nades, simply because the thrower wants the nade to explode when it actually hits the target, like i said.  I'd vote wholeheartedly for shooting your own cluster nades.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Padishar

• Major(1)
  • Step aside, knave!
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2006, 06:32:20 pm »
Maybe you should only be able to shoot nades in realistic mode.
Prejudice Test:  What do you call a bearded black man flying a plane?  A Pilot, you racist!

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2006, 07:21:55 pm »
^^he's talking about a check option, so u can check it in realistic games or not check it.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2006, 06:38:50 am »
thanks popsofctown, your "little" post were something good :P
i didn't think about the clusters, a big thanks for that. *applaud*
that's a +, isn't it? :D
EDIT: ^^he = Padishar?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:40:59 am by Ivarska »