Author Topic: Request for a script fixing one bug  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Request for a script fixing one bug
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:54:42 am »
The problem is the dropped weapons in Survival mode don't dissapear when the round ends causing players that spawn in the next round to be able to pick it up and have 2 primaries since the beginning. I just got to know it's possible to fix it with scripting. So basically, the script would just make weapons dissapear when the round ends or next round starts? I would be very thankful for this.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
Re: Request for a script fixing one bug
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:18:12 am »
Attached. Will kill every object ( also kits and stationary guns, but that's not problem in R/S i think ). Now you should email eC, so he change his mind 'bout "fixing the bug" in 1.5.1. It will really sux on DB ( when we have similar community to R/S ).

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:07:18 am »
I read what you wrote, but it's just stupid, when it's possible to script that, why do you "fix" it for R/S... we can't script that back for DB...

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:01:57 am »
Some survival server hosters may want to keep the weapons after a round, while others may not. Scripting adds this as an option, while being built in takes time to add yet another setting to cramped soldat.ini. ^^ Just thought I would make note of that.

Enjoy your server.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 08:08:47 am »
well except of DB i don't really see the point of weapons laying on the ground for the next rounds. Spawned player is supposed to have 1 primary and 1 secondary weapon, if he wants to gain another primary he should do it by the battle, not some magically left weapon from previous round. And as for DB, isn't it possible with scripting to spawn weapons? I think it should be :P

thanks for the script by the way
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:18:23 am »
It's possible to spawn weapons, but it would be hard to spawn weapons in place where it was dropped in previous round. Deleting weps after round end is much easier.

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 11:43:46 am »
It's pretty simple to spawn a weapon in place it was dropped in the previous round.

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 11:46:34 am »
Not really when it disappear...

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 12:02:17 pm »
That's why positions of weapons will be saved before the round ends.

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 02:10:04 pm »
I forgot that it takes 5 secs after player's death to end of round, but it will still sux. For me it's favoring R/S, when we ( DB community ) have more players, more servers, more clans and probably that's not all. Soldat should be compatible backwards and it should be like "it's new Soldat! We need new scripts to fix non-bug-thing".

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 02:25:12 pm »
For me it's favoring R/S, when we ( DB community ) have more players, more servers, more clans and probably that's not all.

R/S is official, DB is not!

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 02:59:12 pm »
Lol, what's nonofficial in weapon's mod + survival? What's the difference in changing weapons and realistic? It's same part of Soldat.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:01:07 pm by Polifen »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 03:52:10 pm »
huh DB is that big? could you please link me to the site, im curious
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:20:36 pm by Mittsu »
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 12:35:07 am »
Like Dusty said.
Dodgeball is not a 'supported' game mode, nor is Trenchwars, Climbing, etc. Meaning they are not prioritized in any development decisions. R/S gets priority over those other modes.

Besides, pretty sure in real Dodgeball you are only meant to start with one "ball" anyway.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 08:38:22 am »
Optional is always an option EnEsCe ^^

Yay for R/S! :P

The concept of 'dodgeball' doesn't necessarily have a single ball. I personally never played dodgeball myself with only one ball in real life, there were always millions (not literally, obviously ^^) of balls all over (and usually, but not always, teamed). But we always fixed the location of the balls on start.

That kind of gives me an idea related to dodgeball... having the round start with knives in the center, and people have to rush to get them, and run back and throw; bots with instant kill weapons can prevent enemies from crossing into the other side (or script, but that can only check once a second the standard way).
irl, dodgeball was played in such a way that you became a 'prisoner' when you 'died' and were held on the opposite side. if somebody threw you a ball, and u caught it, u could run to ur team's side (wouldn't work in Soldat easily/smoothly though, but u could tp instead as an option).
Just thought I would say it somewhere kuz i know i won't do it xD may be interesting to see though