Author Topic: Wings over Soldat 1.5  (Read 13064 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Wings over Soldat: The change of Soldat
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 04:45:03 pm »
Mod the soldier such that he LOOKS like an aircraft while in prone position.

Robotech mod FTW?
http://www.opusgames.com/toys/pics/roborpg1.jpg

Too bad it would be kind of sci-fi'ish. :/

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 05:43:56 pm »
rofl. i was already expecting someone to catch that ;) but yeah. it was just a random thought and suggestion. Who knows, maybe sky could be the next modder who brings transformers to soldat! XD

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 05:51:11 pm »
I could try to do 1 or 2 test anims, but it is hard as hell to mod each one of them.
I'd need a template how should they look like, im thinking for a nade throw and knife stab anim, they should be easy.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 12:16:39 am »
Mig sucks :D Better go for F-18 or F-16

Anyway the images in the weapon menu look blurry because their size has been compressed dramatically? Yes?

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 08:01:27 am »
Mig sucks :D Better go for F-18 or F-16

Anyway the images in the weapon menu look blurry because their size has been compressed dramatically? Yes?

I added a bit of blur but yes I resized them because I had no idea what to do

About the other comments:
VTol thing: No just no... Harriers can do that and F16 also I think or the Osprey.
The problem of not having gosteks is that if I add secondaries when using them the plane will be vertical (idk if you undestand) but well at least I can make them bigger.
I will use chainsaw plopulsion, I like the idea.

And croat or scout if you are helping me on the anims would be great that if you make any send it to me, I would like to check :P and thanks guys for helping.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 10:54:29 am »
Damn, nice idea mate, good work.
I'm excited to see if you guys here can work something better out of this as a team :d
b&

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 03:33:41 pm »
Scout I tested the chainsaw and holly s**t thats fun lol.
I think it should go a bit slower I'm going to change it a bit if you don't care.
The problem is that you cannot have a main weapon just because you will have a plane in your back... but maybe we could say that thats because you should use jets to go higher (LOL)

EDIT: Please someone tell me a good file uploader 2shared is not a really nice one
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:43:51 pm by -Skykanden- »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 05:10:07 pm »
www.mediafire.com
Really nice for storing relatively small files (less than 200mb) and doesn't have any annoying countdowns.

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 05:48:05 pm »
actually the chainsaw thing was'nt made by me. it was based on STM's superman chainsaw mod; i just made a few tweaks to it. So yeah, all credit goes to him :P

tried applying the same chinsaw stats to other weapons- won't work. It seems that the m2 bullets would just dissapear and not do anything.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:02:06 pm by scout »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 02:57:48 am »
Yeah... But well I think that gosteks should be the planes, because if not will be a bit strange to have a plane in the back and another one shoting.
I'll update the gostek images maybe I'll make Helicopters

DarkCrusade

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 05:36:07 am »
I finally found enough time to test this mod and there are a few things that are bugging me  bit.

1) Who is my enemy, who is my friend? I needed to use the minimap to know who was who.
2) Why is the chainsaw so weak? I tested the saw with 20 zombies that were equipped with the saw and they got K:D of 2:123 or something. I tried to just boost with it but it always killed me somewhen.
3) FN Minimi is almost exactly the same as the Deagles. Why is that so?

Other than that: Very nice mod.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 06:53:17 am »
Thanks for testing DarkCrusade

You are right.
I Changed the gosteks, now the team1 is darker and bit more different, I'll update ASAP
The chainsaw just kills you, but that has been changed now you can boost perfectly
On the new version the FN Minimi has a faster fire rate but stills having the startup

UPDATE
See changes on main post
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:11:06 am by -Skykanden- »

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
Re: Wings over Soldat 1.5
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 10:34:01 am »
Imadiately recalled me my old bloody air mod. Your one looks way better. I remember in my there were engines as weapons so there were no posibility to fly and shoot at same time but in your mod it's posible. It'd be good to make some map with icy take off zones and a lot of place to fight.

Overall - nice ;D .

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 10:51:58 am »
Thanks PaFel, nice to see you arround here again.

Well yes you are right about the ice thing and I made a map idea.
If noone wants to do it I'll try :P

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 11:00:25 am »
Is this mod available for download from some proper hosting (not rapidshre/mediafile...)?

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 11:07:18 am »
I've got an idea, why not mix the chopper and normal plane properties and make Hydras instead of each type of aircraft on it's own?
That way it'll also be easier to land/heal/etc...
So the take off and landing would be the players' choice, be it vertically or horizontally.
How about it?
(Hydras are jet fighters built around the basis of maneuverable thrusters)
b&

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 11:10:34 am »
The name is not Hydra is Harrier (yes the one from GTA) and F16 can do that too but that what you say is more complex, and making each weapon a plane means having problems on the weapon position and when having it on the back, and when locating other team players.

Sorry VTT... give me any and I'll upload it but I don't know any other.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 11:14:18 am »
I downloaded the new version and tested it. Still there are things about the weapon mod that are bugging me since some of the weapons are very unbalanced.

The deagles need more speed. I know that it always shoots 2 bullets but imo the law should be the only short range explosive weapon even if the deagles can be fired anywhere.

HK is fine. Nice for spraying and stuff.

AK is fine, too.

Steyr is fine also.

The spas  is a 1-Hit-Killer with a short reload time and high accuracy. The high start up time doesn´t balance the high speed and damage of it, though, and that is why it is so overpowered. Maybe lower the speed?

I can´t say much about the ruger replacement since I wasn´t able to test it yet. Maybe I will share my opinion about it with you when I got enough time for testing it.

M79 is just perfect. Bombing is so much fun on opened maps like B2B and in DM and TM it is gamebreaking with its own strategies.

Barret needs more ammunition, like 5 or 6.

FN Minimi is fine.

I can´t tell you how much I love your minigun replacement. If this minigun would be included in normal Soldat I would never stop playing it. However, it is kind of useless on maps like Lagrange (these "sidescroller"-maps).

It is kinda hard to get used to the grenades, I think you could lower the speed at least a bit. Grenades with high speed don´t kill much by the way unless you place them on the ground but since those grenades in your mod are that fast it is kinda impossible to place the grenade without an enemy seeing it bounce up.

The pistol needs lower damage. Most other weapons are slower and need better aim than the pistol.

Knife should only get higher damage or it will be a very unattractive weapon. Imagine you throw it and then try to find the knife that may be 500 metres away. Also you can´t really aim with it.

The saw makes you too fast. I don´t need any other weapon if I am able to be the capping beast.

The law needs higher speed. You get very vulnerable when you are on the ground so you need a good "argument" for the player to go there.

The flamer has no modded graphics. If I pick up a flame god kit I can see the flamer.

Didn´t test the bow yet.

@Download issue: Just use the forum attachment maybe? If the mediafire link is broken it will still be available.

@Map idea: I think that is a nice idea. I will start creating that map. Do you want nice visuals or good FPS :P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:16:11 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 11:19:36 am »
Right thanks again DarkCrusade

DE's are replaced by Hellfires a Air-to-Ground weapon used to attack armoured vehicles, so thats why it should be kind 'droped' but yes I'll add a bit more speed.

Spas is just a problem in all aspects, I cannot change the reload time so I added startup, I will make it slower

I think barret is nice, but well if you say so...

To use minigun you need to fly high and have infite jets, because like that is funnier

Maybe saw is to fast yes...

And I never knew what to do with law so, yeah why not.

I will delete flamer graphics and upload on the forum (if it is not too big)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 11:30:37 am »
You could for example change the law to some repair kit that will heal you over time and any other guy, too. You would have bullet style flames, speed 5 and damage would be negative. Flamer could be the ultimate repair station then. You get invincible for 10 seconds and in this time you are able to support your team members with healing flames (keep sake of healing enemies) or add more speed to it and lower the damage.

*snaps* forget my barret suggestion .... it really is fine. My bad.