Author Topic: ctf_Ikra  (Read 2642 times)

Offline jerich

• Camper
ctf_Ikra
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:01:05 pm »
Enjoy. Had fun playing it.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Pokoo

• Major(1)
Re: ctf_Ikra
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:44:22 am »
The layout looks quite basic. Why would it be fun to play?

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:49:38 am »
because its a fairly classic layout that would be great.
I like the shading everywhere, very nice. I also like the way the bases are laid out.

However, for me, im not sure sure on the central parts of all 3 routes:
Up: pretty tall. you can snipe from one end to the other with no problems too. I would make it shorter and make sure part of the ceiling blocks someone from shooting from one end to the other. Some bullet-colliding barrels might help too.

Middle: (see attachment) I shot Billy. Billy was at the upper spawn for alpha. I was in bravo base at the bravo spawn. Though it took two shots, it's fairly easy to snipe from one base to the other, and easy to snipe anything inbetween. And that middle bit would become somewhat of a spray fest I'd suspect. I'd suggest making some of the middle 'roots' or whatever that are hanging down bullet colliding, and make the rest of the root a little less opaque.

Lower: Again, you can snipe the low easily. I would suggest making the entrances to the lower cavern smaller. If you have more than 12 players in your map, then maybe it should be kept the same. A good sized battle could be fought in there o.0

This is just my opinion, but hey.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:35:49 am »
I agree with thegrandmaster, but low route should be as it is. It can be defended by just one sniper. But if three guys attacks at same time, he will be eliminated, I think. It's so fast now, when others are a bit slow, so there will be huge battles. Do not change it with any way. Good looks, and such. There could be a bit bushes to camp, next to those big hills. Ant sorry fot this dumb opinion, but there could be also somekind bunker in the up route. (I'm throrough tw player.)
Also, why don't you use TMS? It's a great toy of joy, what made my heart bumb thumbs up.
P.S.
The layout looks quite basic. Why would it be fun to play?
aren't other ''basic'' maps fun to play?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:37:47 am by Monsteri »
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:05 pm »
Oh man, I forgot about this map.

Anyways, when I use to map I looked for ways to make the middle area complex. I also made sure that I eliminated as many sniper spots as possible. But look at ctf_X, ctf_Guardian, and  ctf_Raspberry. The middle area of each of those maps are wide open and seem to give snipers advantages. But I realized that wide open middles are perfectly fine in maps as long as the map size(small/medium) complements it. Add well-thought bases with it and you have a good fast paced map.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 04:00:27 pm »
Good sniping spots and spray spots are commonly the same, except hiding behind scenery. Spray/snipe are good at horizontally straight lined tunnels (e.g equinox bottom, chernobyl bottom), but they suck at open area no matter if map is big or small. Think about guardian, if it would be much bigger map, and there would be some retarted barreter trying to snipe enemy players, he couldn't do s**t as the fact is that aiming with barret is hard at totally open area like guardian's top/mid. If you don't believe me, try playing duel at Bunker with barret vs auto player.

Also there's no need to eliminate such spots, spraying/sniping is just fun/annoying and part of game.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:08:13 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 01:01:23 pm »
Spray/snipe are good at horizontally straight lined tunnels (e.g equinox bottom, chernobyl bottom),
This would actually apply to any weapon. Minimizing the area you need to aim makes any weapon an effective weapon.

Think about guardian, if it would be much bigger map, and there would be some retarted barreter trying to snipe enemy players, he couldn't do s**t as the fact is that aiming with barret is hard at totally open area like guardian's top/mid. If you don't believe me, try playing duel at Bunker with barret vs auto player.

All I'm saying is that snipers have distance advantage. Having a smaller map will make players less likely camp because it removes that advantage. That's why barret is a long range weapon, and if a barret was playing someone with the same skillset in a short range battle with an auto or a semi, most likely the barret will die first. This map has very few if any hiding spots to encourage rushing rather than camping even when there are obvious spots to just sit and wait. Camping in the alt route in short maps with barret is ineffective anyway.