Author Topic: How to create online games  (Read 1355 times)

Offline sebko

• Major(1)
How to create online games
« on: February 11, 2010, 11:08:00 pm »
Hi ive started using soldat! and its great! ive searched the threads "how to create online game" and also read all the FAQ, but couldnt find it hopefully someone will help... and also what is a dedicated server... wiki'ed it but didnt make sense. sorry for n00b talk hopefully someone can help cheers! : )

update. Posted it in the help section and someone re-directed me here. i looked but couldnt find simple instructions to set one... i have downloaded the dedicated server. unpacked, opened soldatserver.exe... and from then im a bit confused. any tips would be much appreciated!

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
Re: How to create online games
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:04:37 am »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=95.0

there are more threads in the same section if you have problems (like if the lobby says your server has 9999 ping and nobody can join etc)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: How to create online games
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 03:10:27 am »
Anyway, I have redirected you to "Server Help" section. There were dozens of topics similar to yours. And as far as I remember in soldatdedicatedserver pack there is readme.txt file which explains much(or maybe I'm wrong?). And forums have built-in search engine - use it as well. (Simply forumers are getting tired of telling every newbie who comes in what to do step by step...please have some common sense...) :)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."