Author Topic: Zabijaka's.pl Servers  (Read 54648 times)

Offline daaw

• Major
Re: Zabijaka's.pl Servers
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2017, 09:24:57 am »
Actually, i think not, as far as i "know"

Trademarks don't mean everything.  There is this thing called "common law" or smth

If helloer have used zabijaka.pl publicly before you, he has some rights to it..and that would probably be a legit claim.

And of course no one registers trademarks because that cost couple hundreds at minimum and are registered per country anyway, it's a just additional layer of protection.

"SOLDAT" is even registered to hell knows who but THD..  there can even be multiple companies that register same trademark text.

It's court or soldat lobby owner who says yes or no.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2017, 11:32:49 am »
Trademarks don't mean everything.
In real world, yes it mean everything. Dont mix reality with internet laws.

If helloer have used zabijaka.pl publicly before you, he has some rights to it..and that would probably be a legit claim.
No it doesnt have any right if its not registered and protected by international, European or Country law.

Just because You had or have site: potatoes.com it doesnt mean that you can demand right to that name, and ask others to not use it.
You have right to use domain "potatoes.com" not to name potatoes.

Not to mention that zabijaka world is common world in polish language, that mean "killer", and you cant register such world. You can register logo or name in specific font, not word it self.

And of course no one registers trademarks because that cost couple hundreds at minimum and are registered per country anyway, it's a just additional layer of protection.

Again, no. If you dont know something dont talk about it... and especially dont mix it with "internet laws"

Cost of registering trademark in Poland is about 130$ + 120$ for first 3 years of trademark protection.
For International trademark and EUIPO protection, you need 1000$ for 3 years.

"SOLDAT" is even registered to hell knows who but THD..  there can even be multiple companies that register same trademark text.
Soldat as a word is not owned by anyone, because guess what? its French world for "Soldier", and you cant trademark such word.

As for Soldat logo... I cant find it in any international, european or polish trademark database.
Not in EUIP, not in IPaTS or even in Polish listing.
And as i said you cant register common words, but logos or words ONLY IN SPECIFIC FONT/STYLE.

I will not even mention that soldat logo use "predator" font that probably violate original author license....

It's court or soldat lobby owner who says yes or no.

hahahahhaha. Damn that was good!
Court is not Internet. In court whats matter is paper, date and signature. For most of time in this order.
And as for Lobby owner, of course he can block it, but it would rather violate your "common" freedom law....

Seriously dont drill that topic, I know just basic of trademark law, because with my father we had registered company and I still have copy emails where lawyer explained me how to register it via internet. But you just blown my mind with comparing actual law to internet "common law".
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:38:01 am by Akinaro »

Offline daaw

• Major
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2017, 12:34:03 pm »
I saw you coming.. have you every sent me an email?

Who even said somethin about internet.

There is such thing as "internet common law" ?

I tell you even if you dont have trademark it doesn't necessry matter that you dont have rights to brand.

Internet is full of copyright type violation you are spreding misinformation.

You wrong..

They even operate in same area soldat server name vs soldat server name.

You can sell candy named "Zabijaka" nobody woudl care.

You register trademark in Poland. and it's just like Poland nobody cares in China.

You can want to claim everything you want..at the end is authority who decide.

Seriously dont drill that topic, I know just basic of trademark law, because with my father we had registered company and I still have copy emails where lawyer explained me how to register it via internet. But you just blown my mind with comparing actual law to internet "common law".
You only know what someone will tell you.

You are a mistake in realy world you can sue and fight for everything.
You don't have to register trademarks to have common rights.

@TradeMAAK ,, you are from here? ....

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:36:00 pm by daaw »

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2017, 12:38:09 pm »
Hey,  I have a server and want to run a proper CTF Trench War realistic mode server, can someone help me out here?
destroy

Offline daaw

• Major
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2017, 12:41:45 pm »
/,;/,;/,;.. that's you.. ?

Apparently i have never truly settled down with there ppl...

Oh yeah , I like Zabijaka, have been playing there for years.

I alos recommend to cling to that name. I just wanted to point possible misinformation.

Peace and love to Soldat.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:43:50 pm by daaw »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2017, 04:41:34 pm »
I'm looking for someone who is willing to code a proper balance script which takes into account team scores and switches players between teams accordingly so the game is somewhat fair.

Also need a redirect script which will redirect player to the next server when they are trying to join a full one

And still looking for server admins

Hey,  I have a server and want to run a proper CTF Trench War realistic mode server, can someone help me out here?

https://wiki.soldat.pl/index.php/Server

Please create a fresh topic in the help section of the forum
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:43:11 pm by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2017, 01:02:58 pm »
Could really use some light anti spec idle script. If x minutes pass - ban for a small amount of time

Im chill like that

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2017, 05:07:26 pm »
New admin: colin

Im chill like that

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2018, 04:49:52 am »
Thanks to jrgp who showed actual initiative to help me out CTF#1 is back up online soon to be followed by ctf#2. Any ideas about future servers or current server improvements will be appriciated.

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2018, 03:46:38 pm »
Thanks to jrgp who showed actual initiative to help me out CTF#1 is back up online soon to be followed by ctf#2. Any ideas about future servers or current server improvements will be appriciated.
Yay!

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2018, 02:08:59 pm »
Please keep all zabijaka servers related disscussion in this topic:

https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=37511.msg530711#new

Im locking this one :)

Im chill like that

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2018, 02:15:20 pm »
To give some updates, I have partnered with Bonecrusher over the past few weeks to bring Zabijaka back.  We now have CTF1 and CTF2 (both in EU) online, with stats.

CTF1: soldat://138.201.55.232:25140 - Stats: http://stats.jrgp.us/zabijaka1
CTF1: soldat://138.201.55.232:25160 - Stats: http://stats.jrgp.us/zabijaka2
To give some updates, I have partnered with Bonecrusher over the past few weeks to bring Zabijaka back.  We now have CTF1 and CTF2 (both in EU) online, with stats.
I'd like to suggest merging stats for for CTF1 and CTF2.

That's a good idea. I'll make that happen later today ish.

What are your thoughts on adding Zabijaka to other regions, or adding a DM/INF server? The name seems to attract people, but maybe the more pubs we have the less all of them will get used?

You can bring back INF server. I don't think that making DM server would be useful, there are already some DM server's and ppl don't play much on them (they play sometimes, but there's no need for a new one). But if it's gonna be also for Steam version - make it! ;)
Adding CTF for USA would be better option I think.

Im chill like that

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2018, 02:38:49 pm »
Couple tweaks:

CTF#1 is now 14 slots + disabled minigun
CTF#2 is now 10 slots + disabled minigun

BTW I could use a simple script which kicks spectators after a defined amount of time, if anyone could provide that I would be thankful.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:40:14 pm by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2018, 05:47:34 pm »
Two questions:

1. Is there any fucking scripting imcluded for kicking fucking laggers who abuse ping to teleport all the fucking time and make game unbearable for enemy team? Well, it's a rhetorical question because there's definitely no such thing.

2. Are there any penalties for ghosting from a spec spot?

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2018, 01:30:23 pm »
1. Nah, the max ping is high cause there are people from all over the world playing. There are active players from taiwan and china and id rather not limit their access to the server, since its one of the few active soldat servers left.

2. I need a script for that(old one got lost somehow). If you are willing to provide it ill gladly upload it to the servers.

:)

Im chill like that

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2018, 10:17:57 am »

Im chill like that