Author Topic: Zabijaka's.pl Servers  (Read 54645 times)

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Re: Zabijaka's.pl Servers
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2017, 04:03:19 pm »
I think the max idle time to be kicked for afking should be lowered as it is way too frequent that afker has to be kicked by voting. This is very inconvenient as may result in few deaths or even an enemy cap. Also, it sometimes happens that enemy team doesn't give a fuck that you have an afker in team and they just don't vote one in order to receive free spawn kills and advantage in the battlefield.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »
I agree and this has been requested many times, but we currently don't have a script which can take care of that annoyance. If someone is willing to provide me with such a script(afk kick after x mins) ill be happy to upload it to the server.

Im chill like that

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2017, 02:17:13 am »
I've been playing quite some on these servers lately and the map rotation gets boring pretty fast.

Please add more maps to the rotation, like, atleast 3 new ones. That would be awesome!

o/

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2017, 05:09:16 am »
Please add more maps to the rotation, like, atleast 3 new ones. That would be awesome!
I applaud this.

Also, if you struggled about choosing "the right map" you may post here possibilities you consider and I would be glad to help :P Leo's CTF used to have a nice map pack.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2017, 08:08:35 am »
I'm open for suggestions.
I will do some research and propose something soon.

Btw. what's the max ping allowed on the server? Yesterday I faced pretty annoying one with constant 250 ms ping that was blinking continuously what made one extremely harder to hit with Ruger.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2017, 11:38:09 am »
Thanks a lot Helloer.

I'm quite happy with that change.
I have no knowledge of custom maps so I'll leave that to people who know them.
o/

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2017, 03:10:38 pm »

Btw. what's the max ping allowed on the server? Yesterday I faced pretty annoying one with constant 250 ms ping that was blinking continuously what made one extremely harder to hit with Ruger.

ctf1: 366
ctf2: 400
ctf3: 450
ctf4: 450
dm: 366

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2017, 02:32:42 pm »
After 7 years and a half Zabijaka.pl servers have been shut down permanently. I would like to thank Bonecrusher and other admins, it was a pleasure working with all of you.
I hoped at least the best servers would remain around  :-\

Offline xrealx369

• Major(1)
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2017, 03:42:55 pm »
Heart-Breaking shut down :(
Forever Faster Than You.
~>2Fast|`RealMan.|

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2017, 04:35:25 pm »
Heart-Breaking shut down :(
Can't type anymore at screamers "I know admins. I can make you banned."  :-\

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2017, 02:53:59 am »
Yesterday i've received a text from helloer stating he has decided to leave soldat and shut down all zabijaka servers. Thanks to everyone who ever contributed, played, helped me admin those server for astounding 8 years!

Especially to Helloer for providing high quality gaming platform for ya all and having patience with me over all these years  :-* Hope we get together and smoke that joint i promised few years ago!

I'll probably rent a server or two from someone to continue zabijaka brand. If anyone has an offer to host a 2 12 slots soldat servers ill gladly consider it via email bonecrusher1@o2.pl.

I'll figure something out :)

edit: Already found a host - will probably set 2 servers in the next few days. So stay tuned!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:27:32 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2017, 06:25:11 am »
I'll figure something out :)

edit: Already found a host - will probably set 2 servers in the next few days. So stay tuned!

Blastoize2

« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2017, 01:01:43 pm »
Good job Bonecrusher. Especially in times when all news is developer bail out and servers shut down. Almost as we did not notice. Nothing lost, nothing gained.....maybe :).

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2017, 01:40:35 am »
quick update

I'm waiting for my host to set up an ftp server so I can somehow access the server files and edit them. Unfortunately I havent been able to reach helloer and ask him for all the config files and scripts from zabijaka servers. I'll try calling him tonight, For now I'll probably set up 2 vanilla CTF servers. Unless someone has useful scripts and is willing to share them with me.

Im chill like that

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2017, 08:42:55 am »
Good job Bonecrusher. Especially in times when all news is developer bail out and servers shut down. Almost as we did not notice. Nothing lost, nothing gained.....maybe :).
We did replace the servers within an hour of zabijaka going down, though.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Blastoize2

« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2017, 10:07:16 am »
We did replace the servers within an hour of zabijaka going down, though.
"Not to brag but we're very awesome."

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2017, 03:25:29 pm »
Zabijaka servers were unfortunately shut down, and this topic is about those servers.

Im working on a replacement servers as we speak. Helloer wasnt kind enough to give me some sort of a notice before oblitirating the servers. Going as far as completely deleting them from my acc on zabijaka so i wasnt even able to grab configs ans scripts.

I exchanged texts with him today and apparenly hes away and is not able to access his laptop and send me those.

Im chill like that

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2017, 06:52:13 am »
Ok so I've reached an agreement with jrgp which resulted in 2 DE based servers. Unfortunately helloer insists i stop using zabijaka.pl as the official name so I had to change it to:

#NewHope CTF (old zabijaka)

88.198.8.206:25160
88.198.8.206:25140

I'll be adding scripts as soon as helloer comes back from his trip and sends me those.

Im chill like that

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2017, 10:36:58 am »
Well, zabijaka or even zabijaka.pl is not registered trademark/name in Poland and EU, its just registered domain site by Consulting Service Sp. z o.o.
Quick look on KRS(sprawdzałem też listy: uprp.pl euipo, tmdn.org i ZTUE i tylko nazwa "INSTINKT ZABIJAKA" jest zarejestrowana) and you will find out that only company "Logika" and another domain "wave.com.pl" are related to zabijaka.pl
And because of that, I dont see any legal obstacles to use that name for game server, even if its used by other company(that if really wanted to keep it, should register it properly)

Of course with all due respect to Helloer, he can ask you to not use it, but if we take in to the account that zabijaka servers are one of most known in Soldat, restoring name of this servers will seriously help keeping good atmosphere and bring back users that thought its dead.
So as a player(even if not active) I would suggest restoring its name, even as "Zabijaka" without .pl at end because it would be just good for game and players

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2017, 07:41:29 am »
Well, zabijaka or even zabijaka.pl is not registered trademark/name in Poland and EU, its just registered domain site by Consulting Service Sp. z o.o.
Quick look on KRS(sprawdzałem też listy: uprp.pl euipo, tmdn.org i ZTUE i tylko nazwa "INSTINKT ZABIJAKA" jest zarejestrowana) and you will find out that only company "Logika" and another domain "wave.com.pl" are related to zabijaka.pl
And because of that, I dont see any legal obstacles to use that name for game server, even if its used by other company(that if really wanted to keep it, should register it properly)

Of course with all due respect to Helloer, he can ask you to not use it, but if we take in to the account that zabijaka servers are one of most known in Soldat, restoring name of this servers will seriously help keeping good atmosphere and bring back users that thought its dead.
So as a player(even if not active) I would suggest restoring its name, even as "Zabijaka" without .pl at end because it would be just good for game and players

That is a good point - I changed the names to Zabijaka! CTF#1 and Zabijaka! CTF#2

Also I'm looking for server admins willing to spend some time on the servers to get them going again. Please send applications to bonecrusher1@o2.pl

It's only me and Flex atm.

Im chill like that