Author Topic: Looking for scripter  (Read 5504 times)

DarkCrusade

Looking for scripter
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:09:15 am »
-------Main information--------

Since Bonecrusher is hosting a server that needs a script running on it and there is no real zombie survival in Soldat anymore since !KY ZombieSurvival is gone I am looking for someone who´s the skills and the time to work with me on a script. ZombieSurvival once was one of the most played modes with 10000 accounts and a server that was full half of the day. It is addicting and I want it back :)

ZombieSurvival was a TM based gamemode where one side (alpha) was humans and the other side was zombie (bravo). Players started as humans but where able to be zombies, too, either by a command (/infectme) or by being killed by a zombie without curing afterwards (if you get killed by a zombie you get infected. The infection gets worse by time being infected).

Every skill you use will cost mana that regenerates over time. The maximal mana and how much mana regeneration you have raises with level and additional effects.

-------Humans-------

Humans start with no primary weapon. You need to kill zombies with a secondary weapon you choose to get money to buy primary weapons and special items. If you die there is a chance that you loose your primary weapon, though, if you hold it while dying. Humans are able to learn skills. There is some kind of skilltree, too, and there are like 25 different ones, some of them are static, some need to be casted. Humans get exp by killing zombies or scoring for your team. If the countdown (10 minutes) reaches 0 all humans are rewarded with 2000$ for surviving, zombies get nothing. On a sidenote: To prevent zombies from spawning humans there is a spawnshield that holds for 3 seconds after respawn. Zombies don´t have something like this

--Skills--

Vanish: (castable: you get invisible)
Rage: (castable: you get invisible)
Bomb: (castable: place a bomb, you may place up to x bombs; /detonate lets them blow up)
Mine: (castable: a mine gets placed; it detonates on contact with zombies)
Turret: (castable: places a turret on your current position for x seconds; /moveturret moves it to your position)
Heal: (castable: heals you by x health points)
Mana Cure: (castable: heals x % of your infection or of a team mate (/manacure player ID))
Inhuman Rampage: (castable: you get invincible for some seconds)
Flail: (castable: on the spot you cast Flail zombies get slowed down)
Healing Flesh: (static: health regenerates per second)
Mana Pool: (static: increased maximal mana, increased mana regeneration / second)
Kamikaze: (/kami off: ---; /kami on if you die you explode for x mana)
Teleport: (castable: teleports you to any player (/skill ID))
Magic Strenght: (static: increased damage)
Magic Defense: (static: decreased damagel)

--Shop--

Cure: This item will cure your infection by 10-20%. First cure is free, second costs 10$, third 20$, fourth 40$ .... x too much$ Cure is available at every level.
Medikit: Spawns a medikit above your head. Costs 200$. Available at every level.
Grenadekit: Spawns a grenadekit above your head. Costs 250$. Available at every level.
Clusterkit: Spawns a clusterkit above your head. Costs 300$. Availabe lvl 5+.
Turret: Spawns a turret on your position. Costs 1000$. Available lvl 10+.
Berserk: Spawns a berserk kit above your head. Costs 600$. Available lvl 6+.
Vanish: Spawns a predator kit above your head. Costs 800$. Available lvl 8+.

-------Zombies-------

Zombies are only able to hold guns that they are allowed to hold. There are 10 different classes a zombie is able to choose but they are able to change it on will, though they need to have at least a specific level to play a certain class. Each class has specific abilities that can be a high defense, exploding corpses, ability to throw infinite knives, a flamer ... there are many. But the main class is the 0815 zombie weilding a chainsaw. Zombies get 1 exp for each kill, no matter which lvl the enemy has. Zombies do have skills, too, but not as many as the human players, but there are mighty ones that will blind enemies for some time, increase the infection when killing or raising the zombies defense.

Zombies get spawned in waves, with time going more and more and stronger zombies spawn.

--Classes--

Zombie classes: (specialities;weapon(forced))

Zombie: No specialities; Chainsaw
Crusher: High defense; Fists
Exploder: If he dies or gets in range of a human (2,5-5 metres) he explodes; Chainsaw
Infected Soldier: No specialities; Weakened USSOCOM; USSOCOM
Bladeling: Throws knives (1 per second); Knife
Demon: No specialities; Flamer
Assassine: Invisible; Fists

Note at exploder: Humans use /explode to explode. A single M79 bullet drops above the head of the player (able to survive it through moving in air --> bomber). If you remember more please tell me.

---Why ZS is better than any other RPG mode----

-The skills are great. There are so many possibilities! You can be a very defensive player or a very offensive, you can help your team mates or place everywhere traps without getting into trouble. You can be a vanished stalker, a raging bull ....
-You are able to be both, human and zombie! Your account includes a human level and a zombie level. This adds some depth to the server.
-It is not like any other ZRGP out there in Soldat. It is not a rewampage of the same old s**t that gets boring very fast. It is something new and Soldat needs new things to survive the big battle of the games.

If you aren´t convinced yet: Usually scripters of great modes get a lot of fame in Soldat :P

I can give you further information about anything if you need them, just ask.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:32:56 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
Re: Looking for scripter
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:52:33 am »
So do you want KY's Zombie Survival with skills if I understand you right, afaik there were no skills at all, only different classes for zombies?
When another scripter wants to do this, I'm glad to work with him on it :D

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 01:56:25 pm »
There were plenty. Just to name a few: [note: each spell - if castable - costs mana]

Vanish (castable: you get invisible)
Rage (castable: you get invisible)
Bomb (castable: place a bomb, you may place up to x bombs; /detonate lets them blow up)
Mine (castable: a mine gets placed; it detonates on contact with zombies)
Turret (castable: places a turret on your current position for x seconds; /moveturret moves it to your position)
Heal (castable: heals you by x health points)
Mana Cure (castable: heals x % of your infection or of a team mate (/manacure player ID))

this list goes on ... I can remember most of them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:23:27 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 02:35:57 pm »
Maybe I think of the wrong ZSurvival. Do you mean that one where you have an percent amount of infection which grows over time?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 03:13:46 pm »
Like I stated. Yes, I am talking about Kryonex ZombieSurvival that was Biohazard before. The servers name was !KY ZombieSurvival.

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »
Seems like he changed that when I left Soldat for a few weeks.
Anyway I've made the basics now, the wave system seems to work, even though it's my 1st.
Anyway I've added 3 Zombie classes now: A normal chainsaw wielding one, a Chemical Zombie (the bomber) and an Enraged Zombie (a very strong zombie class i thought).
What ya think about? OH and btw. should the bomber zombie as human beeing able to blow himself up?

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 04:08:08 pm »
don't call that mod ZS, thanks. That's a different thing

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 04:21:58 pm »

Explanations.

@Swompie:

Zombie classes: (specialities;weapon(forced))

Zombie: No specialities; Chainsaw
Crusher: High defense; Fists
Exploder: If he dies or gets in range of a human (2,5-5 metres) he explodes; Chainsaw
Infected Soldier: No specialities; Weakened USSOCOM; USSOCOM
Bladeling: Throws knives (1 per second); Knife
Demon: No specialities; Flamer
Assassine: Invisible; Fists

Note at exploder: Humans use /explode to explode. A single M79 bullet drops above the head of the player (able to survive it through moving in air --> bomber). If you remember more please tell me.

Is your script working yet? What abilities/weapons has the enraged zombie?

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:16:34 am »

Explanations.
When dnmr says to not call something somehow it means that he used that name already...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:40 am »
No it doesn´t and he wrote a PM to me. Keep the discussion about the name for this server somewhere else. In it´s current state I can´t even say if this project will ever be ready so focus please on more constructive posts.

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 07:23:35 am »
Ok, I've picked 5 zombie classes though, I did not pick Demon and Bladeling since they seem to strong (maybe they can spawn at a random chance, but let's do the basics first):
Normal Zombie: Heals up to 133% (200HP) onkill.
Crusher: Strongest. Has an armor of 166%
Chemical Zombie: Explodes upon death or enemy contact (must punch him) or through /boom
Assassin: Vanished and uses his fists to eliminate humans. His punch deals 40 Damage.
Infected Soldier: Spawns with a socom. He dies very fast.

Zombies come in waves - what should the number of zombies be, when all spawned?
What playerlimit?
Should zombies drop medical kits or such stuff?
Should they give an constant amount of money. Independant on distance to killer? Or depend on the zombie class (which I don't like :p)
What should the time be the humans have to survive? (Max. 5Minutes I think, 10 Is really too long)
What stuff should humans be able to buy though? (I don't like the idea with mana and skills, it's going in the wrong direction then and won't be a real survival)

That should be all so far I want to know from you DarkCrusade :p

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 08:22:08 am »
First of all some questions:
You are talking about the bot zombies or human zombies? Human zombies shall not get healed to 200HP for killing an enemy, there should be a skill that will do the same but you will need to buy it.
Crusher uses a gun or not? Fists please if he hasn´t already.
Assassin damage is too high, use default fist damage (gets raised by zombie level)
Infected Soldier has normal health, like a 0815 zombie.

-The last wave should contain 10 zombies. There should be 5 waves (+2 zombies every wave). Zombies should be chosen via average human level (Lvl: [P1+P2+P3]:X where X is the total amount of humans and P1 ... Pn is the level of player 1 ... n).
-Player limit: 10 + 10 zombies: 20.
-I don´t like if supply drops for killing zombies. It´s not fair for the zombies since it´s hard enough with turrets. Other ZRGPs use it, though, but we don´t need it.
-5-10 minutes seem alright. Maybe we should test what works best? After we have a running script, though, time limit will be gameplay balancing (usually at the end of the progress).

Items: (I will add it to the 1st post)

Cure: This item will cure your infection by 10-20%. First cure is free, second costs 10$, third 20$, fourth 40$ .... x too much$ Cure is available at every level.
Medikit: Spawns a medikit above your head. Costs 200$. Available at every level.
Grenadekit: Spawns a grenadekit above your head. Costs 250$. Available at every level.
Clusterkit: Spawns a clusterkit above your head. Costs 300$. Availabe lvl 5+.
Turret: Spawns a turret on your position. Costs 1000$. Available lvl 10+.
Berserk: Spawns a berserk kit above your head. Costs 600$. Available lvl 6+.
Vanish: Spawns a predator kit above your head. Costs 800$. Available lvl 8+.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:26:48 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 08:31:19 am »
mmh.. I see I thought abit different, but that can be done.
Anyway I see you want that the zombies will get kicked after death?
Also i thought the bot and human classes are the same? (for the zombies)
How should the infection of the player raise? At what speed? (currently you become zombie after 1st death :D)
How will you level up, does it depend on kills or really exp, when yes tell me few numbers :d
I'm currently writing the wave system again since it seems to be bugging :o
When I've got it working "perfect" I will continue adding stuff.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 10:47:49 am »
-Zombies stay in game forever after spawning unless it´s a Random Cash Bot or a Boss
-Humans do not have classes, if a human player becomes a zombie he will have different classes to choose from, but they don´t work like the normal zombie classes would. Also there are less classes for human zombies than for bot zombies. A human can´t be a Random Cash Bot and he can´t be a Boss.
Bot Exploder: Explosion on death / range
Human Exploder: M79 bullet spawns on message /explode; No explosion on death / range
The rest is pretty much the same.
-Once you get killed by a zombie you get infected by 5-20%. Once infected your level of infection raises by time, lets say every 5 seconds by 5-15%. You are able to cure your infection, though, for money or for mana.
-Exp gained depends on the level gap between you and the zombie (if human). Bot zombies give exp in reference to their class. A normal zombie would be equal to 3 exp, an elite zombie 6 ep. Special bots like the Random Cash Bot give money only (random amount, 50 to 3500$), a Boss´s exp and money is in context with the average player level. A zombie will get 1 exp for each kill. There are 100 levels, each level will need more exp.

The result stands for the exp you need to reach the next level.

lvl 1: lvl 0 + 100 = 100 exp
lvl 2: lvl 1 x 1,5 + 25 = 175 exp
lvl 3: lvl 2 x 1,5 + 25 = ~290 exp
lvl 4: lvl 3 x 1,5 + 25 = 460 exp
lvl 5: lvl 4 x 1,5 + 25 = ~715 exp

Skills will be very important for this gamemode. Maybe there should be special items, too, something that wasn´t implemented into the old !KY ZS. I´ll try not to steal from Hexer, though.

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 11:23:08 am »
Ok, do they have to buy the weapons or can they pick them?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 11:33:01 am »
They can choose out of all secondaries, primaries are disabled, but you can buy any gun for money. M79, HK, AK, Steyr and Spas are the most expensive guns, minigun, eagles, barret, ruger and minimi the cheapest.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 11:47:26 am »
( Minigun > ( Steyr < Minimi ) ) < Barrett

DarkCrusade

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 11:59:26 am »
Explanations.

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 12:14:55 pm »
I think he means barret, most expensive, then minigun which is more worth than steyr and minimi while minimi is more worth than steyr. Something like this I think.

Anyway, you said there are 5 waves, there would be: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 zombies in these waves? I think you mean that they zombies from the last wave get kicked when next one comes??

DarkCrusade

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 02:02:55 pm »
No. The script chooses at the beginning from the average player level which bots will spawn and spawns the 2 weakest bots first. Wave for wave stronger zombies will arrive.

Barret is the cheapest weapon next to ruger and deagles.

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 09:36:01 am »
Ok, I've finished the script for now - even though it's much different than you wanted it.

No levels/mana/skills. 5 Waves - 12 zombies total. 3 classes - Normal, Exploder, Crusher (I will add more)
Much misc commands such as transfering money, the ID-list, other players money, ..
I will add an percent amount of infection later so you do not automaticly turn into a zombie :p

Will you still like it?  ::)

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 09:48:23 am »
I'd suggest to finish and then release or whatever you want to do with it...

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 09:54:12 am »
I'm not realeasing it for now, anyway I'll send it to Bonecrusher since he searches a mod and we'll testing it soon :p

DarkCrusade

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 10:45:25 am »
But I´d like to have the original !KY ZS back ... that means with levels at least and increasing stats.

EDIT: I tested the current state of ZS. But there are things that need to be added:

-Infection: right now you just turn into a zombie if you die once. There should be an infection that spreads once you die. You are able to cure it, though.
-Accounts: Save your money, your level, your stats. Whatever.
-!cmds shows !admins, !1, !2, !5, !rules commands without any further information. !admins shows BoneCrusher and Demoniac as admins, but I thought me and Swompie should be admins, too? It doesn´t show shop command, too.
-If I buy a weapon it spawns above my head. Or it should do so but right now it doesn´t everytime I use the command. The weapon should be forced to the hands of the user and added to the arsenal.

Then, after there are accounts:

-Add stats like strenght, defense, critical, health and mana that increase with level.
-Add skills (over time, don´t rush at this point since they need balance)
-Add more items
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 01:13:40 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 02:46:08 pm »
The current thing is to balance out the zombies and the money they give. That !cmds commands was added by Bonecrusher ;D I don't know anything else about it now. For the accounts I think to add a simple system which is based on nick names and saves the money. I hope I can add the infection soon :D.
But I still could swear that the old !KY ZS was without accounts/skills/mana - maybe it did change in the time I was not playing soldat.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 02:48:28 am »
The time I was playing ZS it had all the skills I've added to my first post and more. I hope you can work on it again soon, too :P

EDIT:

After testing the server online I have more suggestions:

-/moveturret command needs to be added. A player can only buy one turret (not like it´s right now where I was able to buy infinite turrets). /moveturret will move the turret of the player to the players position.
-For noobs: !howto command. It will explain how to use commands that start with /. Description: "Instead of T press / directly to start typing.".
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 11:27:23 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline I EAT MUDKIPZ :]

• Major
  • B&
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 06:56:43 pm »
you could ask raya but he's pretty mad at soldat.
Banned.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 10:17:07 pm »
I already did, no response.

Offline I EAT MUDKIPZ :]

• Major
  • B&
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2010, 02:19:50 am »
i know why cause  he hates soldat now! :o
Banned.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 03:29:16 am »
No, he doesn´t hate Soldat. It´s just no more fun for him and since the script got lost when he forgot to pay the rent ... He left Soldat, but still you can talk to him (www.apakoh.com) at his blog.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 04:20:04 pm »
-!cmds shows !admins, !1, !2, !5, !rules commands without any further information. !admins shows BoneCrusher and Demoniac as admins, but I thought me and Swompie should be admins, too? It doesn´t show shop command, too.

updated

As far as I know Swompie needs ideas of what to add to script. Its up to you Zombie players to suggest new features so it can fit at least a bit of your requirements :) so post you ideas here asap

Im chill like that

DarkCrusade

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 05:59:02 am »
As far as I know Swompie needs ideas of what to add to script. Its up to you Zombie players to suggest new features so it can fit at least a bit of your requirements :) so post you ideas here asap

I actually posted that much that he should be able to script for like 1 month with no need to get more suggestions ...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 05:55:32 am »
So how´s the progress right now, Swompie? Didn´t see you online those days, maybe I just missed you or stuff.

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 08:02:44 am »
Good so far, yesterday I added /moveturret, removed the gunner due to OP. Changed the rules again because lots of whining. The bomber explosion was changed into a cluster nova, the 3 M79 bullets are still there. That should be all so far.

Hopefully I'm gonna add killing spree rewards in the next version. Titles which depend on your amount of total killed zombies/humans. I think that's it.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 01:17:47 am »
So will you add accounts and levels now or not?

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 01:56:16 am »
Can't you discuss this on pm...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 07:07:00 am »
Gizd, get the hell out of this topic or I will kick you out of here myself. You are not forced to read anything here and this thread is about the progress of our ZombieSurvival server. If you don´t have anything productive to say, critique, suggestions, whatever, be quit and spam up an other thread.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 09:48:58 am »
If you don´t have anything productive to say, critique, suggestions, whatever, be quit and spam up an other thread.
My post was a productive and critique suggestion actually.

Edit: I'm also wondering how do you want to kick me... the only way is to move this discussion to PM :D

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 11:13:30 am »
Well, there are Nickname-Accounts, but I am going to add one with password sometime.
Since I do not like to implement skills, I'm thinking of another 'reward' for levels. I thought of titles, which you allow some special things. Maybe you can unlock items in the shop or get them cheaper. I have to look how things went :D

@Gizd: Your sentence "Can't you discuss this on PM...", is really spam. In which way you thought it will change anything here, it doesn't help us with the script or the server. Even though when we discuss it here, what's the problem right with?
Tell us. Another thing is discussing here is much better than PM'ing, other people interesting in that can throw their ideas in here too, that's why such things are beeing discussed public.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 01:04:00 pm »
I am really concerned about your intelligence, Gizd. Now shut up and grow up in some Teletubby forum.

To be not totally offtopic:
You could have:

/create Acc Pw
/login Acc Pw

You have a command (/account) that will show you your stats. You have human stats and zombie stats. The stats could be:

Human: Matches survived | Total zombies killed | Average zombies killed / match | K/D | Biggest spree
Zombie: Times being infected | Total humans killed | Average humans killed / match | K/D | Biggest spree

Titles sound cool.

Items could boost your stats. For every new title you get you get an amount of SP (ShopPoints) which you can spend in the ingame shop.

Items:

Steel Armor: On hit there is a chance of 10% that you survive with 1 healthpoint.
Bomberman: /bomb lets you explode in a huge firestorm consisting of clusters and m79 bullets. You can activate this item only once in a match.
Regeneration: Static effect: You regenerate health over time.

I could imagine more items, but I just wanted to give you a few examples.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:10:58 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 01:20:53 pm »
@Gizd: Your sentence "Can't you discuss this on PM...", is really spam. In which way you thought it will change anything here, it doesn't help us with the script or the server. Even though when we discuss it here, what's the problem right with?
Tell us. Another thing is discussing here is much better than PM'ing, other people interesting in that can throw their ideas in here too, that's why such things are beeing discussed public.
Finish it first because as I can see DC has over 9000 ideas, and then ask for suggestions like you've done it all.

I am really concerned about your intelligence, Gizd. Now shut up and grow up in some Teletubby forum.
I know you feel lonely out there but sorry, no. Also that's bashing.

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 01:36:58 pm »
Also that's bashing.

yeah, GAY bashing

ZING

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 02:27:37 pm »
Thanks for stop posting spam now - I don't say I've finished anything, also I did not say I will do anything what DC said.
It's always better to have Ideas from different people not from only one.

Do not reply to this post
But feel free to post ideas..

Offline Bosse

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2010, 08:17:57 am »
Hi
Zombie Survival rox!

I have played this mod alot, and love it, but I think I noticed some disbalances. Here are my sugestions:

1: Make "Boomers" less effective, reduce the amount of damage they make to Humans (and maybe reduce their HP).
2:Give the Crucher alot more HP, perhaps 2 or maybe even above 3 times as much as he got at this time.

Right now alote/all of the experienced players chose "Boomers" when zombie, and are sometimes (when the humans have low ground, to name one) impossible to stop. Cruchers on the other hand, are totally harmless, you shot them when you feel you have the time. I think my suggestions could make the game more balanced and fun.

Offline y0uRd34th

• Camper
  • [i]Look Signature![/i]
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 08:49:18 am »
Yeah, currently the bomber is kinda too strong, gonna change the explosion in v1.2.
The Crusher will have +5% armor in next version. Also I found out that I've forgot to script the pre-set damage of it  ::)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2010, 09:26:43 pm »
I did some serious testing tonight:

---Suggestions---
-Add spectator mode both for admins and players. 2 normal spectators, infinite admin spectators. Add it so you can learn how to play / buy items and stuff. AFK kicker not directly necessary but if this feature is considered being added this should be taken into account, too.
-Lives. Right now you get zombiefied for dying once and that is unfair for players that like to play zombies. Add lives for players. 2 should be default but you can buy additional lives during a match. After the round ends the life value gets set to default again. Matches will be more intense and more fun.
-Remove the flamer from the shop. It´s a pure farmweapon. If you want to keep it, set a timelimit or stuff.

---BUGS---
-The description for shop includes a typo. Instead of "the" you typed "tje". Just a minor bug.
-If I join the server the next map starts. If I don´t have this map I get kicked and when I come back this happens again.
-/draw disables the survivor countdown, too.
-Map htf_Moor has flaws in terms of waypoints. Just remove it from maplist.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:28:29 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 03:35:38 am »
-Lives. Right now you get zombiefied for dying once and that is unfair for players that like to play zombies. Add lives for players. 2 should be default but you can buy additional lives during a match. After the round ends the life value gets set to default again. Matches will be more intense and more fun.
This will majorly destroy the gameplay imo.

-Remove the flamer from the shop. It´s a pure farmweapon. If you want to keep it, set a timelimit or stuff.
Are you serious? Flamer is crap, it's only a bit better than minigun.

That's not a bug I guess.

-If I join the server the next map starts. If I don´t have this map I get kicked and when I come back this happens again.
Amount of maps isn't infinite so I don't see any problem here unless you delete maps you downloaded after exiting Soldat.

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 05:34:58 am »
Quote from: Gizd
Quote from: Dark Crusade
Lives, yeah, like Gizd said, it would also increase the playtime of the rounds alot, but gonna think about it.

It's no farm weapon. It's almost like Gizd said, if you wanna farm get a stat D:

No it isn't, I was to lazy to change the description of it, but gonna do sth. so you can dis/enable which things are drawn maybe.

Amount of maps isn't infinite so I don't see any problem here unless you delete maps you downloaded after exiting Soldat.
:| Mostly there are players on the server so you don't get this problem.

Currently I've got enough shitty problems with the Access Violations crashing the ZS.
Weird enough that /brutalkill throws an Out Of Global Vars Range error..

DarkCrusade

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 07:00:19 am »
Why I think that flamer is overpowered:

First: The stationary gun: Very powerful weapon. But stationary! You can move it, but it´s a bit complicated.
Flamer: Cheaper and mobile. Ability to kill enemies through walls.

I played two matches on the server. One with stationary only and one with flamer only and the flamer did a better job.

Besides this: Some weapons need other $ values. Minigun should be the least expensive weapon.

Minigun<Barret<Ruger<Minimi<Eagles<Steyr<HK<AK<M79<Spas
Flamer=Stat>Berserk>Pred>Cluster>Medikit
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:23:33 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 11:11:20 am »
Lives, yeah, like Gizd said, it would also increase the playtime of the rounds alot, but gonna think about it.

It's no farm weapon. It's almost like Gizd said, if you wanna farm get a stat D:

No it isn't, I was to lazy to change the description of it, but gonna do sth. so you can dis/enable which things are drawn maybe.

:| Mostly there are players on the server so you don't get this problem.
You could just say "Gizd is right." D:

I played two matches on the server. One with stationary only and one with flamer only and the flamer did a better job.
[...]
Flamer=Stat[...]
Flamer doesn't push so you have no chance against 2 rushing zombies. Damage is also lame, I've even suggested to increase it by 40% so it's worth buying.

[...]M79>Spas
You can't be serious. Also you should invert those > because it looks like M79 is worse than Minigun.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:12:57 am by Gizd »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 01:25:38 pm »
I am not the guy to stay at once place waiting for zombies running towards me. And the damage is nice, it can´t be compared to HK/AK and don´t forget that the stationary is heating up.

M79 is a nice one-hit weapon with pushing possibilities and stuff, but it´s not as effective as the Spas.