Author Topic: MDW Mod 1.0 beta  (Read 4898 times)

Offline OmicronAlpha

• Major(1)
  • Soldat forums mod creator
MDW Mod 1.0 beta
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:45:30 pm »
Hey guys, i'm new here and can't say i'm a pro at playing the game(actually i suck-but i'm getting better). i first got this game because it looked like a game that would be a lot of fun to mod and play. I was currently a modder of the free source game "Battle for wesnoth" (anyone heard of it?), though the only similarities between soldat and that was the graphic modding(most of it was text). So i'm a intermediate modder and have created 2 partial mods and am working on a MDW2 mod.

Changes:New Weapons, graphics, team names, and bots-

Weapons

Colt .45
Dual M1911
P90
AK-47
M4 Assault
Striker 12 Guage
M110 SASS
MM1 GL
.50 cal Antitank
FAMAS
SAW m249
Flamer
Rambo Bow
Flamed Arrows
Combat Knife
Chainsaw
RPG-7
--------
Bots

McTavish
Capt. Price
Roach
(In the full release there will be Molotav,Sheppard, and Ghost)
----
New explosions/graphics

Pretty much most all have changed
----
Team Names

Alpha-Russian Army
Bravo-Task Force141
Charlie-Sheppards Division
Delta-Terrioist (in the next version, i might change this to the Ranger Battalion)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a very early release. I hope to have new skins for the teams in the next version. Alpha Black for the blue team, redish-brown for the red team, olive green for the green team, and brown and/or red for the yellow team. I will also have all "main" characters from MDW2.
Also, i will have the weapons more balanced and hopefully(if i can find them) new sounds and edited music from the Video game. Also a matching HUD that is consitent with the game.

"I am coming to get you kid, coming to pay you back for all the misery you caused me!" -homealone3

Mods:Currently working on MDW2 mod-expect early beta release withing a week from now...

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
Re: MDW Mod 1.0 beta
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:48:59 pm »
um.... okay lets see.... you have taken everything that you have here form other peoples mods and given them new names.... that's not very creative if you ask me....

Offline OmicronAlpha

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:53:47 pm »
I copied the FAMAS, grenade launcher, m4, and .50 and RPG-7 from peoples mods i admit to that.I mainly did just to show what weapons would be in it. I altered the others, and like i said, this is a beta version an chances are that it will have vastly different weapons in the full release.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:56:24 pm by OmicronAlpha »
"I am coming to get you kid, coming to pay you back for all the misery you caused me!" -homealone3

Mods:Currently working on MDW2 mod-expect early beta release withing a week from now...

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 04:56:46 pm »
altered as in changed one or two pixels?

Offline OmicronAlpha

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 04:59:23 pm »
More like 10-20 pixels-lol ok dude you win, i changed the M110sass, ak, shotgun, p90, and pistols. this is a beta version you know...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 05:03:27 pm »
Before assuming that his whole project is ripped from other modders (that it is, yes) after he explained that they are and that they are just place holders is not very friendly to new forum members.

And he did some weapons already, read his post well.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 05:07:40 pm »
sorry if I seemed rude, but there are so many people that just rip other peoples work lately, that its kind of been getting on my nerves.

I'll be looking forward to the finished mod  ;)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 05:14:35 pm »
Well, he didnĀ“t release it, did he? People that rip off others work post it directly into Full/Partial Mods section.

I am looking forward to the finished mod, too.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 06:28:35 pm »
lol @ BR55 "FAMAS"
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 07:51:22 am »
And you are an 'intermediate' modder?
Really you should know that here ripping is not real modding.
Stop stealing from others, that will make you a modder, learn that.

I hope you won't do the same with the gosteks.

So in my oppinion, if you don't have ANY credits of any modder, take out those weapons ASAP, if not post the credits.

You cannot change charlie and delta's gosteks apart from bravo and alpha's because they are the same

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 10:03:00 am »
If you had read the posts Sky, you would have realized that he is just using those weapons interface as place holders to give a general idea of what the mod will look like when finished.

@-OmicronAlpha

Also, I looked at the other game, that you said that you made mods for and if your work on them was anything like the original then you probably have the makings of a first class soldat modder.

Offline OmicronAlpha

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 10:27:05 am »
Heh, thanks matth. ;) It took way longer to mod and absolutely killed my time....

So here are the finished weapons-

Weapons-

Colt .45
Dual M1911
P90
AK-47 tac
SCAR
Striker 12 Guage
M110 SASS
M327 GrenadeLauncher
M200
TDI .45 Kriss
SAW m249
Flamer
Rambo Bow
Flamed Arrows
Combat Knife
Riot Shield
RPG-7

Some of them (m200,m249 and a few otherse) might have unusual green dots on the interface in the screen shot. i have already fixed them -this is a older screen shot.

My work their was mainly with txt. I did make several fully animated units/characters to compliment my campaigns. I slacked off because of it's lack of modern warfare stuff.(however, someone did make a mod for modern fighting-My avatar is a special ops desert unit for that game)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:30:54 am by OmicronAlpha »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 10:47:45 am »
the Kris and the P90 look a little odd... but....well see, this might be fairly good after all  ;)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 10:50:02 am »
Now noone will be able to kick you in your butt for "stealing" weapons ;) Looks nice so far, some more shading would be nice, though.

Offline OmicronAlpha

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 11:25:31 am »
lol

I admit, i need more shading-thanx for pointing that our Dark

ugh, the gotesks are going to kill me....

DarkCrusade

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 11:33:49 am »
There is a guide that will introduce you into gostek modding.

Modding guide, including gostek modding.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 12:01:23 pm »
Sorry man, I should have done that...
Well I apologize

So well the tecnique is not bad but i think you shouldn't post it like that, you know that s**t happens

About the weapons:
 - Work on the SCAR's handle
 - Ak and p90 are in a different scale in comparison to the other weapons
 - Chey Tac intervention looks good, maybe too dark in the buttstock

you could do another interface gfx for riot shield, you can put a gostek/soldier with the riot shield, if you put the whole gostek it might overlap. I'm doing that with a weapon and looks nice

good luck and i apologize again.

Offline OmicronAlpha

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 04:07:21 pm »
Thanks-the things you mentioned are things on my priorities.  The shield needs some work, but I'm don't really want to make it part off the unit/guy. What the heck is a Chrysler tac(I apologize for my ignorance). I will probably release the beta version in about a week or less.

Thanks-the things you mentioned are things on my priorities.  The shield needs some work, but I'm don't really want to make it part off the unit/guy. What the heck is a Chey tac(I apologize for my ignorance). I will probably release the beta version in about a week or less.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:11:33 pm by OmicronAlpha »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 04:19:57 pm »
Chey tac is the name of the weapon that you have filling slot 8.

Offline OmicronAlpha

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 09:44:34 pm »
the m200??? I didn't know it was called that....Am working on my mod as i post...

Hey, while i was testing my mod, i got this error.
"Access violation at address 00501ED9 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of address 00000000".
Does anyone know what the prob is?

Note: I am not a hacker, and stumbled across this on accident/ I searched the forums and none of the suggestions worked.

just to make it clear....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:23:20 am by OmicronAlpha »