Author Topic: What You're doing/ playing  (Read 6390 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: What You're doing/ playing
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2010, 09:26:15 pm »
The combat flows like a bottle of drano in that game.
@ii

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 11:40:34 am »
Does it get harder? Lightning is still my best character.

chapter 9's boss is a total D-Bag, the boss basically has an attack that brings lightning's HP to 6 HP everytime it hit me, other than that, its really smooth sailing

I didn't have too much trouble with him, but as soon as I got to chapter 11, I hit a brick wall of difficulty. I had to grind for a couple of hours just to continue with the game, and I STILL feel underleveled towards the end of chapter 12.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 07:21:06 pm »
I didn't have too much trouble with him, but as soon as I got to chapter 11, I hit a brick wall of difficulty. I had to grind for a couple of hours just to continue with the game, and I STILL feel underleveled towards the end of chapter 12.

Took your advice to just start grinding on 11. I want to do all the sidequests so it'll get me some levels. I found this one spot after you get Hope's eidolon where you ALWAYS get preemptive and the battle takes 56 seconds and gives you 2960 CP everytime. So what I do is after I fight, I move outta the area so its not shown on the map and go back and keep redoing the fight. After about an hour, Fang has about 500 strength, Vanille has 400 magic, and Snow with 400 strength. Not bad for a short grind.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
  • I'm trigger happy, trigger happy!
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2010, 07:58:42 pm »
I am stuck on the dragon in chapter 9. I do good and destroy parts of him but then it gets to a point where he is attacking over and over. I cant heal fast enough to stay alive. Should i cast slow on him? Ya think that would help? Any other thoughts?
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2010, 09:29:36 am »
Of all things, I've gone back to playing Mario Kart Wii as of late. I've finally unlocked every character (except Mii Outfit B). Even Dry Bowser. I'd half-suspected I never would. :P

There are still vehicles to unlock, but those require getting near-perfect times in the time trials. I hate time trials. I might never bother with that.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:03 am »
Metro 2033
Awesome game, perfectly optimized, beautiful.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2010, 01:29:39 pm »
Took your advice to just start grinding on 11. I want to do all the sidequests so it'll get me some levels. I found this one spot after you get Hope's eidolon where you ALWAYS get preemptive and the battle takes 56 seconds and gives you 2960 CP everytime. So what I do is after I fight, I move outta the area so its not shown on the map and go back and keep redoing the fight. After about an hour, Fang has about 500 strength, Vanille has 400 magic, and Snow with 400 strength. Not bad for a short grind.

A lot of the missions are pretty much impossible to do at your current level, as far as I know. If you're looking for a good grinding spot, check out the far northern end of the Steppe, right before you enter the Mah'habara Pass. There is a King Behemoth fighting a huge, white dog thing (which I obviously forget the name of). They are located downhill and you should see them right after you pass the save point. Since they're fighting each other, you always get a preemptive strike.

When I first started grinding on them, I started out with Lightning, Fang, and Sazh in MED / COM / SYN mode respectively. They're too busy fighting each other to deal with you, so I would just hang back and let Sazh buff my party with Haste, Enfire, and so on while Fang would continuously hit King Behemoth to keep his stagger bar up. I wasn't strong enough to prevent him from standing on his 2 hind legs and transforming / healing himself, but thankfully his stagger bar stays the same after he stands up. Switch to RAV / COM / RAV, stagger Behemoth, and take him out. The white wolf-thing goes down pretty easily because he starts out at half-health and is weak to Fire (which is why Sazh uses Enfire). I usually couldn't manage to stagger him until he had about 5% HP left because his HP drops so quickly.

Anyway, this should probably take you about a minute, maybe 2 and nabs you 6600CP. To make them respawn, just go back to the save point, circle around it, and run back down. The more you fight them, the faster you'll get at it and it eventually becomes really effective.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:32:24 pm by Kazuki »

Offline RightBetweenTheEyes

• Major(1)
  • Sniper Dragunov
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/7SwitzerlandAustria7?feature=mhw4
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2010, 02:30:43 pm »
Well i like the play CoH-Company Of Heroes ;)
and sometimes i play Battlefield heroes
and sure i play soldat but not so much but
    [/color] i like the Game.][ftp]][/ftp]]ftp://[/tt]
    [/list]