Author Topic: [REQUEST] Indonesian National Revolution Weapon Mod  (Read 12051 times)

Offline Ragman

• Major
  • Nothing Special...
[REQUEST] Indonesian National Revolution Weapon Mod
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:33:09 am »
First for all, hello.

Im newbie here and I like this game several week ago. Im interresting to make my own mod, but after I saw the Modding Guide, it looking hard  :-[

Now, I want for looking someone who can make an weapon mod for me. As Indonesian, I attracted to make a weapon which Indonesian fighters use at Indonesian National Revolution.

Before you start making, read this link about Indonesian National Revolution:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_National_Revolution

A Indonesian film documentered about Indonesian National Revolution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAB_RPzA0Og

Some pics about Indonesian National Revolution:

Allright, there is the weapon used by Indonesian fighters:
0. .50 Cal (Loot from Dutch)
1. Nambu Pistol (Loot from Japanese)
2. M1A1 Thompson (Loot from Dutch)
3. Sten MK II (Loot from Dutch/ British)
4. M3A1 "Grease gun" (Loot from Dutch)
5. Winchester Trench Gun (I dont know where is from they loot, but some Indonesian fighters used this)
6. M1 Garand (Loot from Dutch)
7. Tekidanto (Japanese grenade launcher)
8. Kar.98k Scoped (Loot from Dutch)
9. Bren LMG (Loot from British)

For secondary weapon:
- MI Carbine (Loot from Dutch)
- Knife
- Bambu Runcing (Sharpened Bamboo)
- M9 Bazooka (Loot from Dutch)

If you have any question, feel free to post here  ;)  Okay? Good.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:19:24 pm by Ragman »
List of my work! Check this out:
.:: Raggy's Arsenal Factory ::.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: [REQUEST] Indonesian National Revolution Weapon Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 03:32:12 pm »
The only skill you need for modding is drawing pictures like these: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=36880.msg447391#msg447391
If you can do that - consider yourself ready for modding.

Modding Soldat is basically just replacing pictures. If you want, you can also play around with weapons.ini file to make weapons not only look, but also shoot differently.
Download a mod as an example, look at how it was made. You'll see that it's actually rather simple.

You can also take a look at this mod, maybe you'll find something you need: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=8652.0

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:50:37 pm »
you might find some stuff that you can use here also http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=34493.0  and also here http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35589.0 (but you will need to do some resizing).  Feel free to use what you want. 

The only skill you need for modding is drawing pictures like these: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=36880.msg447391#msg447391
If you can do that - consider yourself ready for modding.

Modding Soldat is basically just replacing pictures. If you want, you can also play around with weapons.ini file to make weapons not only look, but also shoot differently.
Download a mod as an example, look at how it was made. You'll see that it's actually rather simple.

You can also take a look at this mod, maybe you'll find something you need: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=8652.0
There is more to modding then JUST making interface weapons.
The REAL work in a mod is the stuff that you don't see things like Sfx and Weapons .ini also the text modding is very important and takes a lot of time and care.

One more thing that I would like to add...

The M1A1 Thompson is American NOT dutch
Corrected List:

0. .50 Cal (Get from Dutch)
1. Nambu Pistol (Get from Japanese)
2. M1A1 Thompson (Get from the Americans)
3. Sten MK II (Get from Dutch/ British)
4. Owen Gun (Get from Australians)
5. Winchester Trench Gun (the Americans)
6. M1 Garand (Get from the Americans)
8. Kar.98k Scooped (Get from Germans)
9. Bren LMG (Get from British)

For secondary weapon:
- M1 Carbine (American)
- Knife
- M9 Bazooka (American)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:05:04 pm by MattH »

Offline Ragman

• Major
  • Nothing Special...
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:02:58 pm »

The M1A1 Thompson is American NOT dutch
Corrected List:

0. .50 Cal (Get from Dutch)
1. Nambu Pistol (Get from Japanese)
2. M1A1 Thompson (Get from the Americans)
3. Sten MK II (Get from Dutch/ British)
4. Owen Gun (Get from Australians)
5. Winchester Trench Gun (the Americans)
6. M1 Garand (Get from the Americans)
8. Kar.98k Scooped (Get from Germans)
9. Bren LMG (Get from British)

For secondary weapon:
- M1 Carbine (American)
- Knife
- M9 Bazooka (American)

Yes, that weapons is from USA. But for your information, after WW2 and Dutch free from Nazis, Dutch get some USA weapons like Thompson, M1 Garand, Trench Gun, and M1 Carbine. Not only from US, but also some from British (Sten MK 2), Australian (Owen) and Germans (Kar.98k)

The Indonesian loot the Dutch gift weapon for kick their asses. And not only from Dutch, but also from Japanese (Nambu).

And thanks for the link
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:07:09 pm by Ragman »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 07:19:13 pm »
The REAL work in a mod is the stuff that you don't see things like Sfx and Weapons .ini also the text modding is very important and takes a lot of time and care.
I think what you're talking about is leaning towards "total conversion". I'm talking about a basic weapon mod which, I think, is what Ragman wants.

I wasn't referring to just modding interface weapons, but I think it's a big part of a mod. So if you can make them - everything else shouldn't be as hard (though remaking weapons.ini is a different story).
Sounds are important, but they're usually found on the net or ripped from other games, and are rarely created from scratch. So it's not so much a matter of skill, as a matter of good taste and lots of googling. Sure sometimes it's a good idea to edit the sounds a bit, but you can get away without it if you find sounds that are good as they are.
Text is not a big deal. If you're referring to fonts and settings - I don't think it's essential for a mod (same goes for Weapons.ini, since they almost never make it to online servers). Most mods don't mess with the text at all and they are still called "mods".

What I consider a basic complete mod is:
- Weapon Icons
- Weapon & Grenade gfx
- Weapon names
- Sounds
- Player skin (optional, since default player skin will fit any modern-weapons mod)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:20:52 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Ragman

• Major
  • Nothing Special...
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 10:29:09 pm »
I think what you're talking about is leaning towards "total conversion". I'm talking about a basic weapon mod which, I think, is what Ragman wants.

I wasn't referring to just modding interface weapons, but I think it's a big part of a mod. So if you can make them - everything else shouldn't be as hard (though remaking weapons.ini is a different story).
Sounds are important, but they're usually found on the net or ripped from other games, and are rarely created from scratch. So it's not so much a matter of skill, as a matter of good taste and lots of googling. Sure sometimes it's a good idea to edit the sounds a bit, but you can get away without it if you find sounds that are good as they are.
Text is not a big deal. If you're referring to fonts and settings - I don't think it's essential for a mod (same goes for Weapons.ini, since they almost never make it to online servers). Most mods don't mess with the text at all and they are still called "mods".

What I consider a basic complete mod is:
- Weapon Icons
- Weapon & Grenade gfx
- Weapon names
- Sounds
- Player skin (optional, since default player skin will fit any modern-weapons mod)

Player skins? You mean interfaces-gfx?
If yes, I no need them. You see, I wanted weapon mod. So, I need someone to make consider a weapon mod:
- Weapon Icons
- Weapon & Grenade gfx
- Weapon names
- Sounds

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 10:48:50 am »
No, I meant the "gostek" - the soldier that runs around on the battlefield.

Offline Ragman

• Major
  • Nothing Special...
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 06:25:52 pm »
All my weapons mod is almost completed  :)

Thanks to MattH to be kind give me permission to use some of him's pixel art. All MattH pixel art was modified by me. Now, I need few times for fixed some bugs.

Just need a few time, and I will release them.

Offline jonnajulee

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 04:42:13 am »
The Indonesian National Revolution (also known as the Indonesian War of Independence) was fought between Indonesia and the occupying forces of the Dutch Empire. The conflict began with Indonesia's declaration of independence in the year 1945, and continued at both military and diplomatic levels until the Netherlands recognized Indonesia's independence in the year 1949.

Throughout the early years of the conflict, Dutch forces were able to maintain control over towns and cities on the islands of Java and Sumatra, but could not maintain the same levels of control over countryside populations or smaller villages. The Dutch, weakened so soon after WWII, also had a great deal of help from close British allies, who took part in the military occupation.

The largest and most significant single battle of the Indonesian National Revolution was the Battle of Surabaya, which occurred in 1945 and later became a symbol of Indonesian revolt and resistance to colonial rule. Most of the fighting involved British allied occupying forces. Ultimately, the Indonesian forces suffered military defeat, but the battle was enough to convince the United Kingdom to remain neutral in the conflict, and possibly contributed to the UK's eventual support of Indonesian independence in the United Nations.

Without British assistance, the Dutch occupation of Indonesia eventually crumbled under the strain of Indonesian military determination and diplomatic appeals on the international stage.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:44:08 am by jonnajulee »
The BH0-006 and CISA is worldwide accredited certification that validates in CISM and cissp training with the professional’s knowledge and skills of IT system security.

Offline kummar

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 11:03:35 am »
Hmm, yeah well that doesn't fix my problem, it does explain it though, thanks :p
Any solutions? fixes?
This user is a spambot