Author Topic: Soldat is fucking stubborn.  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
Soldat is fucking stubborn.
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:19:32 pm »
Once you've started downloading files from server and you've decided to cancel that it just doesn't let you. Doesn't matter if you click "cancel" or "disconnect" it stops for a second and then continues.

Fix it plz.

Also, you get Access Violation if you click on http://www.soldat.pl on the welcome page.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Re: Soldat is f**king stubborn.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:30:26 pm »
Yeah, I don't want to have to Alt+F4 out of a server, and have it give me a few "Minimize" screen thingies, and "ping"-s, and then re-open soldat, just cause I chose the wrong server by mistake.
 :|
b&

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 04:25:34 pm »
Yeah, I don't want to have to Alt+F4 out of a server, and have it give me a few "Minimize" screen thingies, and "ping"-s, and then re-open soldat, just cause I chose the wrong server by mistake.
you can join the right server and the downloads stops :D

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:45:18 pm »
you can join the right server and the downloads stops :D

I appreciate the input, but it seems you didn't read carefully enough.

I chose the wrong server by mistake
b&

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:03:15 pm »
The whole download system is flawed, and needs to be redone.

It should automatically rejoin the server if you don't have the map, instead of saying the map could not be downloaded, rejoin to try again.

Stopping a download in progress fails miserably, you have to mash disconnect and cancel to get any results, and even then it has appeared to stop and then popped back up as if noting had happened.

The overall progress meter doesn't seem to work properly (maybe just my slow connection) but it has sat at 100% and downloaded 50 files after that several times.

If you rejoin to a server to get a map, but the server fills before you are done, it will go into the game, but you cant choose a team, acts like you disconnected.

Yeah, another thing that can go on the pile of stuff that needs to be fixed.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 01:07:02 pm »
The overall progress meter doesn't seem to work properly (maybe just my slow connection) but it has sat at 100% and downloaded 50 files after that several times.

It's not your connection. Everyone get this kind of problem.

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 06:21:26 am »

It's not your connection. Everyone get this kind of problem.

It's not Soldat's fault either, well not entirely.

Ever tried copy and pasting files, or downloading anything in general? You'll notice how the "Time Remaining" counter constantly fluctuates. That's because it doesn't scan over every file being moved and work out its size before starting. It just does it. And uses a complex multi-level formula to keep the results as accurate as possible. (Average file size so far :))

Other than that, there needs to be a way to fix the cancel connection thing.
Anyone play KOL?