Author Topic: pick up weapons  (Read 6622 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
pick up weapons
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:15:22 am »
make it possible to pick up weapons that lay on the ground, I think the 25% chance to pick up weapon is a stupid perk, or extremely poor coding.
either way, fix it.

Offline Swompie

• Camper
Re: pick up weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:16:55 am »
Theres a chance you can pick up weapons!?

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:17:53 am »
Theres a chance you can pick up weapons!?
because of the poor coding, there's a random chance you get to pick up the weapon or not.

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 09:35:41 am »
How stupid.. Even though theres still a bug which sometimes occur and doesn't let you pick up weapons, has that to do with that poor coding, too?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 03:55:13 pm »
Eh.. I don't remember this happening to me. Except when it lags like hell, I'm always able to pick up weapons.

Not being able to drop your weapon is another story.. Like when you've picked up a used LAW - you have to wait till it fully reloads instead of just throwing it away and picking up something else. Sometimes it costs you life. :/

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 04:16:12 pm »
What are you on, man?

Never heard of or encountered any 25% chance of picking up a weapon, it always works...
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 07:31:23 pm »
rarely works for me >.>, ussualy have to stand on it for a second or run back and try again... it's ussualy right after it falls to the ground (like picking up a knife you just killed with, or picking up the opponents dropped weapon).

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:11:05 pm »
It also sometimes doesn't work when I try to pick up a weapon. Pisses me off, cos I die in that time.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 11:47:48 pm »
Does it happen both offline and online?
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 12:18:39 am »
Yet another synchronisation issue. When a player dies and drops his gun, the gun will be dropping at different positions for the server and each client. The server is the one that has the final say in whether you pick up a gun or not, so you have to be standing over where it thinks the gun is to pick it up, but since each client probably saw it spawn in a slightly different position, unless you have a flat surface, the gun probably bounced in a different direction.

It could be fixed by making the server control where the gun ends up (so, like, once the server sees it has stopped moving, send out it's final position to all clients or something).
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 04:22:39 am »
Yet another synchronisation issue. When a player dies and drops his gun, the gun will be dropping at different positions for the server and each client. The server is the one that has the final say in whether you pick up a gun or not, so you have to be standing over where it thinks the gun is to pick it up, but since each client probably saw it spawn in a slightly different position, unless you have a flat surface, the gun probably bounced in a different direction.

It could be fixed by making the server control where the gun ends up (so, like, once the server sees it has stopped moving, send out it's final position to all clients or something).

Thx, finally I know why people can't pick up the weapons in my Zombie Survival since I droped them 20 units over their head..

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:08:18 am »
Eh.. I don't remember this happening to me. Except when it lags like hell, I'm always able to pick up weapons.

Not being able to drop your weapon is another story.. Like when you've picked up a used LAW - you have to wait till it fully reloads instead of just throwing it away and picking up something else. Sometimes it costs you life. :/
Best solution to this bug I've found so far is to tap "throw nade" button.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 07:18:55 am »

are you sure? it ussualy works if you stand on the weapon for awhile (I think).

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 07:47:21 am »
It's if you run over the ground surrounding the gun, eventually you'll probably pick it up because you ran over the spot where it actually is.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 07:55:27 am »
Most of the posts are dumb. If you have to stay on a weapon to pick it up - go kill yourself. You've probably got 5 seconds ping. Otherwise you have to move a bit to the sides - it's probably there.

Doesn't happen to me often, but yes, this is fixable.
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 12:38:39 pm »
I'm quite sure it's not sync problems, are you sure it doesn't just check for weapon pick up once a second? that sounds a lot more convincing, you can stand on a weapon to wait for it to be picked up.

also, no... it's not my connection... 10/10 fiberoptic is probably enough....

running around in the surroundings won't make you pick the weapon up, because you have to run back to the knife/weapons position (where it appears on your screen).

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:42 pm »
What if you drop the weapon you want to get rid of and then try picking up a weapon.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:48 pm »
What if you drop the weapon you want to get rid of and then try picking up a weapon.
you are just retarded, not a good troll, so try to find some professional trolls and learn from them.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 03:23:13 am »
I'm quite sure it's not sync problems, are you sure it doesn't just check for weapon pick up once a second? that sounds a lot more convincing, you can stand on a weapon to wait for it to be picked up.
I doubt MM would be so retarded to do that. My bet is that the server checks every tick to see if anyone is standing on the gun.

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 04:55:14 am »
you are just retarded, not a good troll, so try to find some professional trolls and learn from them.
Like yourself? Right? ..Right?!
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh