Author Topic: pick up weapons  (Read 6618 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: pick up weapons
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 07:15:55 am »
What if you drop the weapon you want to get rid of and then try picking up a weapon.
you are just retarded, not a good troll, so try to find some professional trolls and learn from them.
Like yourself? Right? ..Right?!
my trolling is quite successful tho.

I'm quite sure it's not sync problems, are you sure it doesn't just check for weapon pick up once a second? that sounds a lot more convincing, you can stand on a weapon to wait for it to be picked up.
I doubt MM would be so retarded to do that. My bet is that the server checks every tick to see if anyone is standing on the gun.
it would be nice if you could ask enesce about how the pick up mechanism works....
a sync problem would mean that you cannot pick up the weapon from the position displayed (if it doesn't work the first time), an update problem would cause the symptoms seen...

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 08:45:44 am »
-Major-
You are retarded. Not somebody else.
Go to the single player and test it there.
Understand the damn mechanism now??
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 05:10:26 pm »
Although I have never noticed this problem, one I have had, especially with not good pings, is if I am standing on a weapon then drop the weapon I am holding, it will drop the first one, pick the one on the ground up for a split second, then drop it, which is annoying.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline MorlanV

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 05:42:58 am »
I don't remember having a 25% chance of picking up a weapon? I normally just drop my weapon and quickly pickup another weapon, both in SP and MP even when it mega lags.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 05:15:25 pm »
-Major-
You are retarded. Not somebody else.
Go to the single player and test it there.
Understand the damn mechanism now??
who's retarded?

since when is offline = online?

I guess you're so retarded that you haven't noticed offline got 20% more jet and there's also more diffrences, GG, tardo.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 05:14:35 am »
oh, so MM coded single player that you have 100% chance of picking up weapon and 25% chance in multiplayer

you're retarded major
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 10:34:25 am »
oh, so MM coded single player that you have 100% chance of picking up weapon and 25% chance in multiplayer

you're retarded major
who's retarded? online play uses a netcode, offline don't. since offline is SOLIDLY diffrent from online, it's a SOLID problem in the netcode, and NOT a TEMPORARLY SYNC ERROR.
If this is too advanced for your small shitty brains to understand, refrain from posting. I bet only kike 1% of soldat actually know about the offline and online diffrences, and if you don't know about it, you are retarded (and therefore shouldn't post here).

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 10:56:15 am »
You don't know anything about the programming(and that's a problem in you atm). But I'll try to explain to decrease your retardness.
Offline and online modes are actually same. The only difference is that in offline bonus/player spawns and other things are controlled by events, and in online they're controlled by server. And player movements(I mean actions, like jumping/running/shooting) in offline are controlled by AI, and in online by server.
server works like a client(a game you run), but instead of showing smth it simulates everything and sends information to the clients.
Offline and Online modes are NOT DIFFERENT GAMES. And if you're stupid enough to understand it - DOWNLOAD THE SERVER, RUN IT, JOIN IT and make sure that you're a retard.

AND I FORGOT TO MENTION:
There's NO offline mode in soldat. Really it creates a server and joins it. Remember somebody joining your """offline""" game?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:51:52 am by Neosano »
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 11:20:12 am »
you seem to know nothing about what you're talking about.

I suggest you check up, event (programming), server, client and AI. you don't really use them as if you knew what it was.

being the SERVER is DIFFRENT from being a CLIENT.
Also, player position, bullet registration etc is deterimined by the client.

Blaming it on sync is probably faulty, otherwise you wouldn't beable to pick up the weapon by standing still on the dropped weapons position, unless the dropped weapon gets some super Y bounce (probably higher than it was dropped from).

if it is the way you're explaining it FLB, weapons position is only sent ONCE, and no more, that is just dumb if a game got object physics..

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 11:57:02 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event-driven_programming
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_server
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_client
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client-server
The only "wrong" thing I can see in my message is saying AI instead of bot, but bot doesn't explain the thing I meant, and AI is used differently. It's ok.

And could you point me where I used these words incorrectly?

I meant that server does(should do) everything in the same way as the client does. So server knows every bullet, player, object position. Wasn't it obvious?

And dumb it or not, but the object positions are only sent once. Even more, their positions are not sent at all :D
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 02:33:39 pm »
ofc ALL programs runs from events, AI = artificial intelligence, which is applied to bots or NPCs.
If you think online soldat is using the script core as the game enginge, you're horribly wrong, it's just like you can mod HL, not rewrite the whole game.
the server only calculates packets and resends them.

the client is the game and put those packets into action

AND WHY THE FUCK DO YOU ARGUE WITH ME IF YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT?!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 02:48:37 pm »
Actually Neosano knows far more shit than you could imagine. Why do retarded people always negate that they are retarded and tell others who state their position very clearly and with much knowledge that THEY are the retarded people?

First of all if you "knew shit" about this stuff your topic name wouldn´t be "pick up weapon" but "Improve Servers". Secondly, you wouldn´t argue like that just to pretend you "know shit".

Caps lock isn´t cool, yo?

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 03:00:58 pm »
"I think the 25% chance to pick up weapon is a stupid perk"

lololol

dont get angry major, or dont pretend to be a succesful troll, you're contradicting yourself
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 03:13:28 pm »
"I think the 25% chance to pick up weapon is a stupid perk" is to make MM look pathetic.

even when I was really noob at programming, my programs/games worked without stupid random bugs (since I fixed them as soon as I noticed them, and I knew my code in and out)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 03:15:47 pm »
Oh interesting

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 03:24:57 pm »
Does ping have anything to do with it?
Because, I think i've encountered same sheib with around 150-200 ping.

I skipped all the datanome quarrel so don't go tearing my glory hole.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 03:28:28 pm »
You didn´t miss anything.

AFAIK ping has no effect on this.

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 03:34:04 pm »
If you think online soldat is using the script core as the game enginge, you're horribly wrong, it's just like you can mod HL, not rewrite the whole game.
Is it a joke or what? :-) Did I say something like this?
Script core is a script core, game engine is not even related to it. (Almost)

Not only. Server detects when bullets hit players and tells the damage done to them.
Same thing with flag caps. Oh yea... Weapon picking is server side too! Same as the bonus picking... oh yea, server only resends packets... :)  [retard]  [retard]  [retard]  [retard]

Well, it's your internet connection. On your screen you're moving, but server has lost a connection with you for one second. You stand on the wep, then server gets the info about you and sets your weapon.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:38:07 pm by Neosano »
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 04:09:46 pm »
Is it a joke or what? :-) Did I say something like this?
Script core is a script core, game engine is not even related to it. (Almost)

Not only. Server detects when bullets hit players and tells the damage done to them.
Same thing with flag caps. Oh yea... Weapon picking is server side too! Same as the bonus picking... oh yea, server only resends packets... :)  [retard]  [retard]  [retard]  [retard]

Well, it's your internet connection. On your screen you're moving, but server has lost a connection with you for one second. You stand on the wep, then server gets the info about you and sets your weapon.
yes, fiberoptic connections often has packetloss.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 03:21:37 am »
Ping would only delay how long it takes to pick up the weapon. What Major is experiencing is the desynchronization between the client and the server of where game objects are supposed to be.

This is either caused by the client calculating the dropped weapon's position differently to the server (same equations, but it sees the weapon collide with the ground at different frames, for example), thus meaning that the weapon ends up in a different position, OR the server never actually tells the client the exact position that a dead player dropped his gun, so the client has to assume the current position and velocity it has of that player is correct and make the gun drop with those values, which could be slightly different to the server and result in the gun bouncing differently.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!