Author Topic: Back in the 'Nam  (Read 4736 times)

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
Re: Back in the 'Nam
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 05:43:32 pm »
Um, just a point, but the Thompson wasn't used anymore by that time.  I would suggest the MAT-7 or CAR-15 instead.  Also, it's Mossemberg.  Also, it's not too important, but I would suggest keeping the LAW, since it would be a bit unrealistic if you fired the thing and the rocket was still on the barrel.  If not the LAW, I know the Vietcong toted around some kind of handheld seeking ground-to air missle launcher, though the name escapes me.  Otherwise, awesome job.  Sorry if I'm being overly critical. XP

The Thompson was used though I found out a few days after I made the one which is there, that I'd drawn the wrong model, here's what I'll end up changing it to: click

I'm not sure what I'll do with the RPG-7 yet, it might still look alright as the fire would cover the rpg missile and you'd see one fly out from the shot... I guess he can just be a fast reloader. I'll see what happens, if it looks to unrealistic, I'll look for an alternative.

You're not being overcritical, this is the sort of feedback I'm wanting on this thread.

Why not just use a Remington 870?

There were a heap of weapons I could choose from but I only wanted to have one list of weapons in this MOD so things aren't too confusing. I'll keep the Mossemburg 500... after all, I've already made it.

edit: I'm making the map, in-game gfx, weapons.ini and sfx all at once... here's some screens of my progress:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 11:36:37 pm by KamikazeDuck »
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 07:19:47 am »
Napalmi should like this mod :).

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 09:05:32 am »
Oh.  Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.  One question though: are you going to make a stat gun mod, and if so, what will it be?
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 06:34:55 pm »
The stat guns are going to be artillery, I've already edited the weapons ini and it works well. I used an M79 grenade as the projectile. I haven't edited the image yet but there are a few others to do as well such as grenades, the Rambo Bow and the flamer.
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 08:44:17 pm »
I smell potential in this mod. Maybe even a futuristic fan (like me) will download this.
The weapons are well shaded, modeled and coloured... so thats kwel.
Map is also very nice...

Dunno what to say more. <: /

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 09:45:19 pm »
I actually share numgun's sentiment.  I love futuristic crap, but this looks asm.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.