Author Topic: Advanced Soldat Interface Maker (v0.1.2)  (Read 49664 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Advanced Soldat Interface Maker (v0.1.2)
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 08:19:46 am »
Great app! Here are some issues:

-Problem with Ammo/Reload Amount, AmmoText, and Ammo Icon. If I remove the 'Visible' mark on one of them they will all disappear. I can remove Ammo/Reload Amout by not having Style:Text, but I can't remove Ammo Text or Ammo Icon without removing the other. (I kinda solved it by moving one of them out of sight though)
http://i.imgur.com/W58jovj.png

-Unable to move Ping-dot. Even if I move it in IntMkr2 and press save it will only appear on top right corner ingame.

-Nades placement is not correct in other resolutions (I use 854x480). It's not placed at the same spot ingame as in IntMkr2.

-It would be cool to be able to rotate Team Box. I want it horizontally like a soccer scoreboard.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:30:10 am by homerofgods »

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 07:11:14 pm »
-Problem with Ammo/Reload Amount, AmmoText, and Ammo Icon. If I remove the 'Visible' mark on one of them they will all disappear. I can remove Ammo/Reload Amout by not having Style:Text, but I can't remove Ammo Text or Ammo Icon without removing the other. (I kinda solved it by moving one of them out of sight though)
http://i.imgur.com/W58jovj.png

"Ammo Icon" & "Ammo/Reload Amount" & "Ammo Text" (it was a bug) are sharing the same address in a settings file for the visibility flag. That's why you can't hide them separately.

Here are groups of interface elements with shared "Visible" and "Style" values:
  • "Ammo Icon" & "Ammo/Reload Amount"
  • "Health Icon" & "Health Amount"
  • "Jet Icon" & "Jet Amount"
  • "Fire Icon" & "Fire Amount"

-Unable to move Ping-dot. Even if I move it in IntMkr2 and press save it will only appear on top right corner ingame.

IntMkr2 saves "Ping Dot" coordinates in *.SIF file correctly. You could check it even with MM's Interface Maker. The problem is that Soldat ignores those coordinates (just tested v1.6.6, 1.5.0, 1.4.2). Default "Classic" interface has a "Ping Dot" in a left-mid position, but it shows in right-top corner in-game too.

-Nades placement is not correct in other resolutions (I use 854x480). It's not placed at the same spot ingame as in IntMkr2.

I need more specific information, e.g. in-game & editor screenshots and the interface files you've used.

-It would be cool to be able to rotate Team Box. I want it horizontally like a soccer scoreboard.

It's not possible with current Soldat's interface system.

I encountered a bug that makes fire-bar invisible on save. The fire-bar is visible in the IntMkr2 itself, but is not shown when opened in Soldat.
I tried replacing setup.sif file from another interface and the fire-bar magically appears, so it's not the image's fault. I also tried opening a working interface, saving it in IntMkr2, and opening it in Soldat - the fire-bar disappears. In other words, it doesn't save the setup.sif file properly.
I couldn't reproduce this bug. If you ever would read this reply, please attach the exact interface you've used with a step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:24:06 pm by SyavX »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 04:06:11 pm »
To all interface makers out there, I got this tip from skoskav that I really wish I would have sooner

<evhO> 'dot.bmp' is only shown ingame if it's placed in interface-gfx folder
<evhO> 'dot.png' will not be visible ingame if placed in custom-interface folder
<skoskav> Try just making a .png file have a .bmp extension
<skoskav> I think Soldat is rock stupid and just pushes the file into DirectX, which supports .png
<evhO> Yepp! Just renamed dot.png to dot.bmp and it's now visible ingame

This means you should make your whole interface in .png (with opacity if you want) and when you're done you just change the file extension
(The bars look better if you make them in .bmp though, health-bar, jet-bar, reload-bar)

Btw thx SyavX! for making it possible to make interfaces at all
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:05:08 am by homerofgods »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2015, 06:35:14 am »
I can't hide the Ammo Text and the Team Box :/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:42:12 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2015, 08:21:12 am »
I can't hide the Ammo Text and the Team Box :/
It's a bug in Soldat itself (just tested at v1.5 - 1.7a1).
By the way, MM's Interface Maker, after disabling all "visible" flags, shows "Ammo text" only (which is a bug too).

Made two reports: #633, #632

UPDATE:
In cooperation with urraka we found out that bug with "Ammo Text" actually was in MM's Interface Maker and therefore in my IntMkr2 (since I was using MM's IntMkr to analize .SIF format). Bugs with "TeamBox" text and "Ping Dot" position should be fixed in 1.7 alpha 2.

For now, if you need to hide "Ammo text", open setup.SIF with any HEX-editor and change 7th byte from "01" to "00". See screenshot in attachment.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:48:13 am by SyavX »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2015, 02:21:30 am »
More weird things happening... Some parts of the hud are connected and I can't hide them not hidding other things together, like:

- Ammo/reload amount and Ammo text are connected. I can't hide the ammo text not hiding Ammo/reload amount and the opposite too.
- The same happen to Jet Icon and Jet Amount, Health Icon and Health Amount...

Is it a issue related to the int maker?

Other questions:
- You can change the color of int texts? I would like to create something like this: http://i.imgur.com/fCNKsrf.png (the text only example)
- I have noticed that the default 1.7 interface with HD images is messy on your int maker. Planning updates?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:24:34 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2015, 03:31:02 pm »
More weird things happening... Some parts of the hud are connected and I can't hide them not hidding other things together, like:

- Ammo/reload amount and Ammo text are connected. I can't hide the ammo text not hiding Ammo/reload amount and the opposite too.
- The same happen to Jet Icon and Jet Amount, Health Icon and Health Amount...

Is it a issue related to the int maker?

No, it's Soldat related:
"Ammo Icon" & "Ammo/Reload Amount" are sharing the same address in a settings file for the visibility flag. That's why you can't hide them separately.

Here are groups of interface elements with shared "Visible" and "Style" values:
  • "Ammo Icon" & "Ammo/Reload Amount"
  • "Health Icon" & "Health Amount"
  • "Jet Icon" & "Jet Amount"
  • "Fire Icon" & "Fire Amount"

Other questions:
- You can change the color of int texts? I would like to create something like this: http://i.imgur.com/fCNKsrf.png (the text only example)

It's not possible with current Soldat's interface system.

- I have noticed that the default 1.7 interface with HD images is messy on your int maker. Planning updates?

I'm working on the updated version.

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2015, 06:21:39 pm »
I always hide the ammo text by simply moving it outside the screen (with negative X and Y values). However, I still use IntMkr1 and don't know whether this works for IntMkr2, too. If not, that might be a workaround you could 'implement', SyavX. [As you know, I can't run your nice tool yet since I use Linux.]

I'm working on the updated version.
So looking forward to it! Thanks for your work!

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2015, 06:39:45 pm »
I always hide the ammo text by simply moving it outside the screen (with negative X and Y values). However, I still use IntMkr1 and don't know whether this works for IntMkr2, too. If not, that might be a workaround you could 'implement', SyavX. [As you know, I can't run your nice tool yet since I use Linux.]
Yeah, I do the same thing. But an option to do this would be better :P
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2016, 05:43:11 pm »
I have felt ashamed after receiving a notification email about this topic been stickied... because I did not release new version of IntMkr yet.
Few people from #soldat.devs already had a chance to test dev. builds of new version, so I fixed some critical bugs thanks to their feedback.
I'm still not happy with a current state of development (lack of some urgent features and improvements).
I decided to publish a latest dev. version, since there may be some activity in modding community now but it's not possible to use 0.1.2 version to work on HD interfaces.

Feel free to try it but don't expect to see a polished and 100% working app :)

This software is provided "AS-IS", without any express or implied warranty.
In no event shall the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:28:09 pm by SyavX »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2016, 01:23:42 am »
SyavX, you could add a safe margin option to help us align everything. Check here: http://imgur.com/a/8WBpJ

And a "snap" to grid/margin...

2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2016, 04:31:00 am »
Any updates soon? It's a very cool program and I need to work on my interface soon.
If you need me to bugreport I will gladly help out.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2016, 03:40:25 pm »
I have no updates yet, sry.

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2016, 09:38:34 am »
I can not use it, but would like to learn.. :|
Make love, not war.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2016, 04:11:02 pm »
You have to practice then ;)

SyavX doesn't seem online since a short while but maybe someone who uses this app (not me) will be that bored to record an instruction video for you and community. I recommend CamStudio for such purposes.

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2016, 06:01:29 pm »
You have to practice then ;)

SyavX doesn't seem online since a short while but maybe someone who uses this app (not me) will be that bored to record an instruction video for you and community. I recommend CamStudio for such purposes.
OK,Thanks for listening!  ;D
Make love, not war.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2016, 12:29:27 pm »
[BUG] I'm editing a new interface using this 0.2.0 version but it is not saving changes anymore. I'm stuck because the software can't save the changes. I have to create a new interface and do everything again... although i'm getting stuck again and again.

SyavX, you could also add a Save As option.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:50:42 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2016, 02:40:18 pm »
I'm not sure it could have suddenly stopped saving interface setup settings. It's either work or doesn't work...