Author Topic: Better weapons.ini support!  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
Better weapons.ini support!
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:09:23 am »
As a (very) long time modder, I've been waiting for this for years, but this, my biggest desire in Soldat, has yet to be realized! Could Soldat please be upgraded with improved weapons.ini support? Things I'd like, in order of importance:

1) I want to see every weapon support every BulletStyle. I'm sick and tired of having to mod around stupid and arbitrary rules like "Only weapons X, Y, and Z can use BulletStyle A, B, and C..."!

2) Add a FireMode parameter. If FireMode=1, then the weapon is semiautomatic (you have to click for each shot). If FireMode=2, then the weapon is fully automatic (it keeps shooting as long as you hold the fire button).

3) Add a ReloadNumber parameter. This number is how many bullets are loaded into the gun on each reload. Most guns would have ReloadNumber equal to Ammo, but the SPAS-12 would have ReloadNumber=1.

4) Add parameters to determine if a weapon could be fired in various conditions: FireWhileAirbourne, FireWhileStand, FireWhileCrouch, and FireWhileProne. Most weapons would have a 1 (enabled) for all of these, but the rocket launcher would have FireWhileAirbourne and FireWhileStand set to 0 (disabled).

5) Add a HasScope parameter. Pretty simple, this would determine if a weapon had a sniper scope or not.

6) Add a RecoilShove parameter. This number controls how much a soldat is pushed backwards with each shot. Most guns would have this set to 0, while the minigun would have something higher. Negative numbers mean you're pulled forward!

7) If you shoot a friendly bot with a weapon that does negative damage (a healing gun), stop the bot from returning the favor with a shotgun blast to your face.

Lastly, and this is critical, is that any parameter (or weapon) which is missing from weapons.ini should automatically be set to Soldat's default values (with the exception of ReloadNumber, which should default to the mod's weapon's Ammo value (unless it's the shotgun, in which case default to 1)). This will ensure that old mods won't be broken because they don't have the new parameters.

Essentially, I want to see all the weapons and their abilities unified. This would allow for modders to do tonnes of mind-blowing new things.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:28:11 am by Taehl »
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Better weapons.ini support!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:55:14 am »
Hmmm, you laid it down pretty clear. I like your idea but (there are always some buts) there were dozens of topics like that. :)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 02:28:25 am »
I know. And we /still/ don't have it! So I'll suggest it again, and hope that by explaining clearly and showing how to not break old mods, that Soldat will finally glean these improvements.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:56:15 am »
I've suggested stuff like that before, and I support it.

Additions:

-Ability to modify selfbink as enemybink (two different values)
-Ability to modify how many clips a gun can have (0=infinite, 0+n=total clips for each weapon)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:32:54 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Hacktank

• Camper
  • Soldat Scripter
    • HTZRPG
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:40:27 pm »
/signed

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 02:44:21 pm »

5) Add a HasScope parameter. Pretty simple, this would determine if a weapon had a sniper scope or not. CAN HAS PLZ FOR AUG!

I want to see this soo much. My mod was limited by the crap .ini. If I could do these things, oh the possibility's...

Also, an option to add additional weapon slots for primary and secondary, for a wider choice of guns to use and make.

Offline jasonsmith092

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:04:38 am »
I know. And we /still/ don't have it! So I'll suggest it again, and hope that by explaining clearly and showing how to not break old mods, that Soldat will finally glean these improvements.
A lot of information here
free ged testingfor Study cfa certificationfor help
graduate record examination

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 12:55:37 am »
Hmmm, ns... Make a corrects and they can add it to coming Soldat ;]

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 09:45:30 am »
/signed
+1

This would open new dimensions for soldat, I don't know how much it would affect the stability of soldat since it's already buggy & laggy at much points, but this would give Soldat something new and more fun.