Author Topic: Fess Up  (Read 15930 times)

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
Re: Fess Up
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2006, 04:12:21 am »
Whoa, you're 20?  I thought you were somewhere between 14 and 16.  Definitely wierd.

Edit: I have a new theory concerning why I thought you were so much younger.  You might not necessarily write like a 14 year old (I don't watch you close enough to really know), but your avatar looks like one that a 14 year old would pick.  Mirroring our prejudice surrounding people's looks in real life, I'm sure this online community judges you -- before reading what you're writing -- based on that avatar and the similarly scribble-esque one before it.

For instance, today I saw The Bone Collector's avatar and, since it looks a bit like Palloco's, I immediately imposed Palloco's more striking characteristics onto this poor fellow.  When I see people with artistic avatars, I can't help myself and assume that they're artistic or intelligent.  When I see people with a monkey thrusting its pelvis into the air in some dance that would best be done horizontally, I just assume that they're quirky people and do my best to leave it at that.

More often than not, these avatars that people choose do reflect their personality, but in your case and The Bone Collectors', they're just misleading.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:36:18 am by VijchtiDoodah »

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2006, 04:21:30 am »
He's not weird at all.  He's like all the other SA forum goons.  Aren't you, GOONIE!?!?

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 01:24:53 am »
Whoa, you're 20? I thought you were somewhere between 14 and 16. Definitely wierd.

Edit: I have a new theory concerning why I thought you were so much younger. You might not necessarily write like a 14 year old (I don't watch you close enough to really know), but your avatar looks like one that a 14 year old would pick. Mirroring our prejudice surrounding people's looks in real life, I'm sure this online community judges you -- before reading what you're writing -- based on that avatar and the similarly scribble-esque one before it.

For instance, today I saw The Bone Collector's avatar and, since it looks a bit like Palloco's, I immediately imposed Palloco's more striking characteristics onto this poor fellow. When I see people with artistic avatars, I can't help myself and assume that they're artistic or intelligent. When I see people with a monkey thrusting its pelvis into the air in some dance that would best be done horizontally, I just assume that they're quirky people and do my best to leave it at that.

More often than not, these avatars that people choose do reflect their personality, but in your case and The Bone Collectors', they're just misleading.
Never really thought of it, but that makes perfect sense. I guess I just don't have particularly good taste in avatars. Hmm...
He's not weird at all.  He's like all the other SA forum goons.  Aren't you, GOONIE!?!?
...When did you find out I was a goon? Well, a sorta goon. I've posted only a handful of times, and several of those posts were really stupid ones that I should've known better to post, one of which got me probated for 6 hours (6 hours of probation is a slap on the wrist, but still.) Since then, I lurk. Rarely, in fact.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:27:24 am by Zero72 »

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 01:46:53 am »
I lurk too :(  But I always thought you had a goon personality, and you mentioned when you made the Sims topic that other goons sometimes did the same thing, so I put two and two togetherrr...

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2006, 01:51:38 am »
Ohhh yeah, I did mention that. Silly me.

A couple of those posts were the stupidest ones I've made on any forum, and I had to go and make them on the Awful Forums. :P Oh well, they're long forgotten by now.

I don't have an avatar at all there yet (besides the STUPID NEWBIE one given to all stupid newbies who don't specify a custom title when they join) because I've yet to find anything I like enough to spend money on...

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2006, 12:48:57 am »
What does my avatar say about me?

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2006, 01:07:16 am »
it says that your fond of the letter G ?
cool

Offline UGK

• Major
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2006, 01:13:11 am »
it says that your fond of the letter G ?

Maybe hes trying to be some " Internet gangster". Hmm, I don't know....
<n00bface> i like big droopy fittas

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2006, 01:17:28 am »
Google fanboy.

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus &lt;/3 you

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2006, 02:20:17 pm »
Like FLAB said, I might as well join in.
What does Vij think of me?
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#039;re freinds doing on my server earlier?!
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2006, 02:51:02 pm »
Zero72 is a sweet man, give him props.

I think i met him 1.5 years before i joined here, in the sekrit section in the Team17 forums.

Ah, the newbie years.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2006, 04:26:37 pm »
Sethamundo, you're another one of those people that I rarely ever talk to.  You seem fairly benign, nice guy though...

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2006, 05:33:14 pm »
Sethamundo, you're another one of those people that I rarely ever talk to.  You seem fairly benign, nice guy though...
Good to hear.
Althought I don't know you, you yourself seem like a cool person. :)
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2006, 10:51:06 pm »
Hmmm, what does whatshisname think of me?

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2006, 12:17:46 am »
Zero72 is a sweet man, give him props.

I think i met him 1.5 years before i joined here, in the sekrit section in the Team17 forums.

Ah, the newbie years.
Ah, that's nice of ya. Thanks.

Heh, seems our online fates are closely bound somehow. First the Team17 Forum, then here, then Facepunch...

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2006, 12:45:48 am »
I wanna know what people think of me, even though none of you know me, except maybe any RSers.
18:15

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2006, 03:39:12 am »
Hmmm, what does whatshisname think of me?

Not much, now.  If you're too lazy to copy and paste my name or use one of my more common nicks like I said above and instead choose to call me "whatshisname" when I have no I idea who you are, then I won't think too highly of you.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2006, 10:49:50 am »
damn.   :P  Oh well, I'll get over it.

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2006, 11:24:50 am »
Vij, one thing I always liked about you was you're avatar and signature. Love em'.