Author Topic: Can't afford BattlEye  (Read 70282 times)

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
Re: Can't afford BattlEye
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 05:28:34 am »
Seriously now. The only viable solutions that would not force people to quit or pay for something they shouldn't have to worry about would be:

a) Sponsorship. With a few K player userbase, finding a sponsor shouldn't be that hard. Has MM or anybody else looked into that yet? 200 euros is a joke of an amount for _any_ spyware/adware you might like to add

b) Open soldat's code to the public: An opensource version of BE might emerge or something that would make it safer (i'm no programmer, just talking out of my ass on this one)

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 06:11:04 am »
I see 3 solutions right now if we want to keep BE:

1. Make Soldat pay-for-play
2. Make a wikipedia style donation with a gauge and limit for 200€. If the limit is reached we get a month of BE, if not we wait until it is reached
3. Get a sponsor
4. Server owners pay fee.

5. Account system + decent server admins = no cheaters
6. Switch to another protection system ((maybe cheaper?)something along the lines of hackshield/gameguard suitable for Soldat - before someone says "theres bypasses for those" let me just admit that there is no 100% safe anti-cheat for multiplayer games)
7. Do something to prevent other apps accessing Soldat memory (Soldat autoquits when this occurs - possible, but lots and lots and lots of work to prevent such memory changes (hell, BE did this "sometimes"))

Open-Source - by looking on the players, there would be more exploits than actual fixes

fix me if I'm wrong please
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline PANTERA

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major(1)
  • Italian Community Founder
    • Soldat Italia
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 06:32:44 am »
Hacking has been fought for years and if hackers are few among thousands players is because BE, not because hacking desire has vanished...

BattleEye has to be paid even if I'd like to remove it at all from Soldat in exchange of a new anticheat system (developed by Enesce? not probable and I think it's a way better having enesce improving soldat network core, adding new features and correct bugs).

The solution imho is a combinations of all:
1) Search for 1+ Sponsor(s)
2) http://www.text-link-ads.com -> they pay 20 euro/month for each link on someone site (the pretty hard thing is reaching a visit amount and ranking status to get links, but shouldn't be a problem for soldat.pl site)
3) Google AdSense or Yahoo Publisher? They're both compatible with TLA.com
4) Donations:
  a) Credits Cards and Paypal etc
  b) http://www.onebip.com -> donations through cell phone. many solday players are under <totyearoldtogetacreditcard> but have cell phone.

Each month surplus money are left for other months.

If a combination of this will not work out let's remove BE and let's play on gather/tournaments servers only.

$able does only want 200$ a month per developer? What about other payment combinations such as: 0.1$ per slot, 2$ per soldatserver, 50$ per hoster, etc ?

Offline [V]enom

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 07:10:08 am »
i might got a simple solution to get sctfl hack free and decrease hackers by -40% easy

if MM makes a account system maybe set up 1. a clan data base witch you can join/leave clans and you can see your clan name behind your name ingame or smth , 2 acc ranks  .. if you play you gain ranks and a K/D ratio counter  , (people will hack less if they got higher rank cause they will be scared to loos the account)  you can see easly if a noob clan joins sctfl with all low ranks and like 7 K/D from pubs , then you know it clearly also if you got a account system with ranks soldat will be more actractive i think personal

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 07:37:20 am »
The "Nude Calendar for Soldat's BE" Campaign starts Friday 23rd of April at Syntagma Square, Athens, Greece.First come, first served basis. There will be refreshments but don't expect to get paid. All proceeds will go to Sable for his continued Soldat support.

Tel/Fax: 0030 210 1520
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:41:00 am by n2j3 »

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 07:50:23 am »
I see 3 solutions right now if we want to keep BE:

1. Make Soldat pay-for-play
2. Make a wikipedia style donation with a gauge and limit for 200€. If the limit is reached we get a month of BE, if not we wait until it is reached
3. Get a sponsor
4. Server owners pay fee.
or a combination ^^

regards to #1, too many people play for free, will be a lot of lost customers
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:53:34 am by DorkeyDear »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 08:09:54 am »
I think we should just release soldat 1.5 (account system+global banning system=no need for BE) faster and extend soldat developers staff (EnEsCe + OpenSoldat developers).
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 08:28:37 am »
Yeah, only guy who can make decent anticheat is hacker itself.

If anything that means he has an advantage, considering he knows the methods they use. :P

Snowwy?

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 08:33:15 am »
You have to admit Soldat is slowly going down a spiral. With diminishing numbers of players old and new, why should we let it be a financial burden for MM or any of the hosts to pay for these extra costs? We have to thank MM for how he has supported it thus far, but who else will seriously pay for it? Donations sounds like the more fair option, but as a long-term situation, it is not realistic and will not sustain. We should just play BE-free, just like the old days, wait for MM to release the open-source, and appreciate how the game lasted as long as it has, because soon enough...well, you know.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 08:47:22 am »
Adverts on this site/soldat.pl will do the job and collect atleast 200€ per month.

Im chill like that

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 08:55:11 am »
Adverts on this site/soldat.pl will do the job and collect atleast 200€ per month.
Dunno how accurate these are but
http://www.cubestat.com/www.soldat.pl
http://www.cubestat.com/forums.soldat.pl
~25 $ / day so that would actually cover it.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 09:41:21 am »
Can't sable give a lil bit of discount since it's a free game.

There havent been any updates either lately, so paying for something that hasn't been updated so long is that even worth it?

ps: just copy the BE files now and have your own anti cheat while it still works :PPPPP (I doubt that will work anyway since it's controlled probably)

www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline Newbiee

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 10:07:13 am »
Whats the point of paying for something what isnt effective :Q

And yeah soldat is dying. Lets make more useless s**ts like account system or animated sceneries, who cares about hits and hackers.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:10:05 am by Newbiee »

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 11:03:07 am »
Game hosting companies would pay a lot of money for such an ad. I'd suggest one ad for one country.
BTW, Paint is the power.

Offline Fubister

• Major
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 11:15:08 am »
I wouldn't mind to chip in, but I guess the problem is that how do you get all these guys to donate the sum every month without a fail.

that's the point, many people can declare themselves to pay regularly for it, but sometimes you just can't do it because of 7324 reasons, imo dedicated server owners should pay some amount of money every month, let's say these 10€

Offline m4fioza

• Major(1)
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 11:24:15 am »
I have some suggestions.

First, there are many old timers and people that play soldat alot that probably won't mind donating $10 a month or something symbolic, 2nd, raise the soldat registration fee, i would still pay if it was 17.99 for example.

2nd, from looking at soldat.pl's web ranking, it has at least 40,000 unique visitors a month, and probably hundrets of thousands of page view.
That is a phenomenal resource for ad clicks, maybe add something to the game that every 3rd time a player opens soldat.exe he will be directed to a page with ads.
also add some java popups with ads to the forums, it might annoy some people, but it will keep the game running hack-free. or at least for the most of it.
Make a contributers page for those who donates, give them some forum titles and such, or lets say top 5 contributers will get some sord of recognition.

expand soldat.pl a little more, maybe for some gaming conding blog thing, or something to outsource it and get more traffic and more ad clicks.

from the current traffic there is now soldat.pl can make 10-20USD a day just from google adsense.
for sure.

dont kill the game, i will make a commitment, 20$ a a month.

in points.

~ charge more for soldat registration
~ more ads on the forums and website
~ accept donations and recognize donators
~ outsource website for gaming related traffic
~ mass email all the registered users and remind them to donate twice a month
~ remove enesce from game development team
~ set me as the funds manager of Soldat (one of my skills is management)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:37:51 am by m4fioza »

Offline Mercury92

• Camper
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 11:39:27 am »
Yeah, only guy who can make decent anticheat is hacker itself.

If anything that means he has an advantage, considering he knows the methods they use. :P

Snowwy?

Snowy for example
Made a great premium hack what can easily bypass BE.
Also made script "Anti Speed/Teleport Hack". You can find it here
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24104.0
[saw]  on 1.5.1

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 12:18:57 pm »
Game hosting companies would pay a lot of money for such an ad. I'd suggest one ad for one country.
BTW, Paint is the power.

i had a similar idea, you could make that pop up window before soldat opens for everyone (registered players too) and put advertisements there. Players would see ad's every time they start soldat, im sure it'd make a lot of money.

donations sound like a pretty bad idea, tournaments need to be protected always, not when 'people finally donate to the 200E limit'

we're talking about buying BE for chosen servers, but it depends on how much would it cost, can we get some info from Sable about what would be the payments like?
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Fubister

• Major
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 02:46:30 pm »
rising reg key for soldat is gonna work in here, way more than a half of people is using cracked reg or whatever because it's already at the high price for some people, as I said, some ads and some small money donation from server owners should do the thing

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2010, 06:30:37 pm »
I think we should do nothing to pay $able for his work. Let him get out of here with his BE. It's no matter to me cause I wasn't cheating and I'm not going to.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."