Author Topic: Can't afford BattlEye  (Read 70061 times)

Offline Swompie

• Camper
Re: Can't afford BattlEye
« Reply #340 on: May 30, 2010, 05:03:15 am »
but a solution till we get some anti hack implementation

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #341 on: May 30, 2010, 05:50:24 am »
not even close to a solution.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2010, 11:48:58 am »
not even close to a solution.

I have to agree, sadly.
We need something to cover all forms of hacks, not just tele's.
b&

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #343 on: May 30, 2010, 12:02:15 pm »
I know and I agree that scripting will never completely help to hold the server clean from hackers - but especially in climbing server or other very small game modes, you can implement such little scripts which will do the job good imo.

But let's see what's coming in 151 since NSC said he has some anti-hack put into soldat.

Offline Silnikos

• Soldier
« Reply #344 on: May 30, 2010, 03:38:16 pm »
I know and I agree that scripting will never completely help to hold the server clean from hackers - but especially in climbing server or other very small game modes, you can implement such little scripts which will do the job good imo.

But let's see what's coming in 151 since NSC said he has some anti-hack put into soldat.
This is just going to make us wait for the release next months and the built-in security will get hacked in few weeks anyway.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #345 on: May 30, 2010, 04:05:49 pm »
Hmmm, soldat beta is in RC stage.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #346 on: May 30, 2010, 04:22:42 pm »

This is just going to make us wait for the release next months and the built-in security will get hacked in few weeks anyway.
You're right, didn't think about this.

Offline Fireman

• Major
  • D:
« Reply #347 on: May 30, 2010, 08:15:53 pm »

Days if not weeks, maybe even hours if some people decide to stay up for a long time.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2010, 08:39:19 am »
We'll just have to see how it goes, it is nothing like what they have experience with. I haven't managed to break it myself yet, but I'm a bit rusty in that regard :P. Either way, it will be an improvement. I cbf checking my post history in this topic, but I think I already explained some of it.
The Soldat Portal account system will also help greatly.

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2010, 05:07:08 pm »
You're doing great EnEsCe. And I'm not just saying this because we have the same last name. Keep up the good work.
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #350 on: June 05, 2010, 07:09:31 am »
You're doing great EnEsCe.

Ditto. I don't really need to say why.

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #351 on: June 05, 2010, 12:01:19 pm »
To take donations is "risky", since you might not reach the monthly fee every month, and since BE is not something like electricity deliverers, one missed month might screw it up for the next month (since BE needs on-going updates).
Hehe, but that's the good thing.

Haven't payed ? Play with hackers!

BE good or no BE for you ^_^

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:05:15 pm by Neosano »
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #352 on: June 07, 2010, 09:56:14 am »
The Soldat Portal account system will also help greatly.
Thats the key
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline v4nd4l

• Major(1)
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2010, 03:32:07 pm »
http://uac2.com ? UrbanTerror players uses it in Clanbase matches since few weeks.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2010, 03:26:27 am »
http://uac2.com ? UrbanTerror players uses it in Clanbase matches since few weeks.

I saw some SWAT 4 clans using it, apparently it's effective.

But when I was using it Soldat wasn't on their list of games.
b&

Offline KEEN

• Major
  • soldat champagne
    • Soldat Argentina
« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2010, 02:41:32 pm »
Hi there
First of all, I'm not used to post in English so you will have to excuse my bad use of the language.

I have three ideas to solve this problem:

• Community Ads (for the same cause): This means that not only www.soldat.pl will have ads, but sctfl site, nasoldat site, soldat.com.ar, soldat.br and all sites who want's BE in their servers will. Understanding that this is a problem that affect us all
  • IRC Ads: This point is a little bit tricky, because i don't know any script that send publicity to an IRC channel, but I'm thinking in a "reminder bot" on every Soldat channel with people in it =/, like #nasoldat, #sna.gather, #soldat.match, and all that stuff. Reminder notes like; "Have you clicked today, visit www.soldat.pl and help us" or "We don't need cheaters in our game, please click the ads on (insert soldat site here)"
  • Loading Screen with Ads: A preview image or even a web-site, that shows notices of the community, understanding 'community' like all sites of Soldat who wants appear in front page, and some Ads, this would be a a way to reward that sites who help Soldat and  a way to wining a little bit of money from the Ads. This could be an optional feature and configurable from Config.exe
Finally say that don't underestimate point 1, there's so much people that plays this game that doesn't even know the official forums. I have played since 2005 here in Chile and only in 2008 i meet the sctfl and the international leagues.

Bye.

Hi, How is this topic?
I'm from argentinian community and this idea can work! especially the first point. I'm willing to colaborate by placing a banners on frontpage of soldat.com.ar

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2010, 02:20:23 pm »
BE is already ditched.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #357 on: June 19, 2010, 04:38:51 am »
lol like 90% of the players didnt even notice that its gone..

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #358 on: June 19, 2010, 09:39:13 am »
Oh they did. I see many cheaters. At least one a day.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #359 on: June 19, 2010, 07:26:43 pm »
Oh they did. I see many cheaters. At least one a day.
1 per day is less then 90% lol , + some guys who follow the forums..
even guys who re using irc asked me why their servers are showing up the "cannot connect to soldat.battleye.com" message.

gather.soldat.pl