Author Topic: Automated turret  (Read 7262 times)

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
Re: Automated turret
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 03:15:31 am »
This COULD be interesting if MM hadn't told us repeatedly that there would never be any vehicles... 0_o

Oh...I didn't know that.  That's unfortunate, because I think vehicles could make some of the weapons more useful, and would generally add a lot of fun to the game.

Watch out though MM; apparently I have to make my own version of Soldat (with vehicles) and it will be better than yours! ;)

*sigh* I'd better break out the programming books.
I can't wait. :D Sodlat with Vehicles should be VERY intresting.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2006, 04:01:14 am »
I can't wait. :D Sodlat with Vehicles should be VERY intresting.

So many wrecks as they fall into the pits leading to lower routes with no way to ascend. :P Soldat maps just aren't designed for vehicles, even if there was a way to include them. They really wouldn't add much if anything to the game as it is.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2006, 04:10:27 am »
Maybe...putting the vehicles with jetpacks?

Offline J-Factor

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2006, 05:09:28 am »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 12:30:10 am by J-Factor »

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2006, 08:42:29 am »
It appears that bravo team is screwed. :D
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2006, 09:05:59 am »
it has been discussed before, and VeHiokiLlz has been denied.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline J-Factor

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2006, 09:21:40 am »
Back on topic though...

I support the idea of automated turrets for the map maker to place as they wish. This would surely produce interesting and creative maps - imagine a trench map with bullets constantly raining from the sky! Or infiltrating a high-tech fort?

People complaining that it would be unbalanced need to remember that these are placed by the map maker. If they chose the make an unfair map or abuse the auto turrets, no one will use the map on their server.

This suggestion won't harm gameplay unless you let it - it can only add a new innovative factor to map design.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2006, 06:42:39 am »
Back on topic though...

I support the idea of automated turrets for the map maker to place as they wish. This would surely produce interesting and creative maps - imagine a trench map with bullets constantly raining from the sky! Or infiltrating a high-tech fort?

People complaining that it would be unbalanced need to remember that these are placed by the map maker. If they chose the make an unfair map or abuse the auto turrets, no one will use the map on their server.

This suggestion won't harm gameplay unless you let it - it can only add a new innovative factor to map design.
Agreed. I tried a map with lots of turrets, and I put lots of bots and camp there.
It was hell, its should be exactly the same as automated.

LOLOLOLOL XD XD XD XD

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2006, 04:24:31 pm »

the solution is very simple : Bots, programmed to "Defend" -- think its already possible(tell them to camp,but you cant set a specific place unless it counts for all bots), but lets just say the specific bot ( tick 'defender' in his options ) can have the ability to just find a good spot within half a screen from the flag( a spot where he can see the waypoints going to the flag) then camp. Easy. with ... m..7...9?

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2006, 06:02:41 pm »
yeah, this would work well but there could be a counter measure? say if Bravo uses the turret in INF for extra defence, alpha had a large supply vests or each alpha player started with a vest already on