Author Topic: Why use Mac?  (Read 17974 times)

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: Why use Mac?
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48:22 am »
biggest diffrence between mac and pc is that PC got a lot more whining kids who must declare their choice is better, while the mac users doesn't really care.

I would've thought it's the other way around

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2010, 06:16:00 pm »
I don't understand why some people bag on linux, it's just different and I think it's pretty cool to learn commands and stuff and understand how everything works.

Honestly, Linux actually improved my computational abilities.

Hopefully I made sense there.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 06:10:28 pm »
I don't understand why some people bag on linux, it's just different and I think it's pretty cool to learn commands and stuff and understand how everything works.

I have a problem with Linux for the same reason I have a problem with Macs: the users.  The fanbase of each OS thinks theirs is the greatest thing ever, and the rest of the world is stupid for using Windows.  If it weren't for that, I wouldn't care one bit; each has its own place, and their market share is small enough that I don't need to worry about them getting the spotlight for application development anytime soon.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 06:42:59 pm »
I don't get it either, but Windows does the same thing. They bag on Mac's and Linux.

This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2010, 09:19:44 pm »

I have a problem with Linux for the same reason I have a problem with Macs: the users.  The fanbase of each OS thinks theirs is the greatest thing ever, and the rest of the world is stupid for using Windows.  If it weren't for that, I wouldn't care one bit; each has its own place, and their market share is small enough that I don't need to worry about them getting the spotlight for application development anytime soon.

Those are the ones who want to be loud and obnoxious about it.  For every one user of Linux/Mac that you want to punch in the face, I've found that there are 10 more that just use it and keep their mouths shut.

There are plenty of Windows fanboys in the world that are just as annoying and loud, don't act like there aren't.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2010, 09:38:27 pm »
Well anyways I think the first page already cleared up the OP's question. This is degrading into personal preference issues.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 11:39:35 pm »
Well anyways I think the first page already cleared up the OP's question. This is degrading into personal preference issues.

That's all any of this is - a matter of personal preference.  Some people just like to rip on others for their preference and it gets old real fast.