Author Topic: Camping in r/s CS  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Madow

• Major
Re: Camping in r/s CS
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 07:25:30 pm »
Camping is lame but you're right, it's a completely valid tactic.
I respond to campers by spraying. 8)
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline FAT-MAN

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 07:16:46 pm »
Son i am disappoint, i always vote out campers for the lulz, if you can't bear it don't camp with the gayest weapon in the game, hurr fucking durr.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 05:23:06 am »
i always vote out campers for the lulz,

Yes, maybe it's because you lack of skill.

Offline FAT-MAN

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 08:10:12 am »

No it's just funny to fuk with f4ggots who get butthurt over votekicks after they camp for 16 rounds in a row with barrett in the same spot.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:56:44 am by FAT-MAN »

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 08:13:09 am »

No it's just funny to f**k with ***gots who get butthurt over votekicks after they camp for 16 rounds in a row with barrett in the same spot.

Being banned for 1 hour.. That's funny for you? You must be a real douchebag then.
If they camp 16 rounds in a row on the same spot then it makes you stupid. Because you fall for team each time.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 08:31:59 am »

No it's just funny to f**k with ***gots who get butthurt over votekicks after they camp for 16 rounds in a row with barrett in the same spot.

Being banned for 1 hour.. That's funny for you? You must be a real douchebag then.
If they camp 16 rounds in a row on the same spot then it makes you stupid. Because you fall for team each time.

yeah he is a douchebag, but anyway i don't know if you really don't get the point or just trying to avoid it

players do have advantage by camping most of the time. And it is unfair in R/S, ill try to explain you why. In other CTF games you need to cap to score and win, that's why players need to move to the enemy base and it causes fighting between teams. Camping there is tactical because it helps defend the flag while other teammates are trying to capture enemy flag (exception is when some douchebags don't care about scores and they just camp to get good k/d ratio in public servers with stats). In R/S you don't even need to touch the flag, you can win by eliminating all enemy players. You may say "its not unfair because both team can camp as they want" but if both teams don't move forward and just stay in base there will be no contact, no fight and the game will last forever. Someone NEEDS to move in order to finish the round. So while the reasonable players realise they must move to the enemy to actually play the game, douchebags will just stay and wait for them having the advantage just because they are lame enough not to give a s**t. And we're talking about EXCESSIVE camping, which could be described by an example situation when a player just stays in his base for few rounds straight waiting for opponents to come and not even trying to move forward even though he could do it safely. And this is happening probably only in R/S CS because on default maps you could just spray the camper from far away while cs maps provide a lot of colliders, walls, and hiding places to cover yourself and even make yourself invisible for the enemy player.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline FAT-MAN

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 08:59:01 am »

Yes it is, i cum everytime some f4g camper gets kicked, the point is, you can camp, i can vote you, that's how Soldat works, if you fail to realize this then get off the internet and go cry to mommy.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 09:03:27 am »

Yes it is, i cum everytime some f4g camper gets kicked, the point is, you can camp, i can vote you, that's how Soldat works, if you fail to realize this then get off the internet and go cry to mommy.

its funny how you cry everytime you get a ban on the server and now say things like these

sorry for offtop, just had to say it
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline FAT-MAN

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 09:07:49 am »

its funny how you cry everytime you get a ban on the server and now say things like these

sorry for offtop, just had to say it
I haven't gotten votekicked out of a server for a valid reason in like 2 years...your pathetic excuses for banning me were just out of talebanism so they don't count, in fact i've never had any problem with any other admin in any other server, herpa derp.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 09:31:12 am »
Talebanism?
Way I see it, you're the extremist faggot here, not Centurion.
Camping IS a valid tactic, there is no rule whatsoever against it, unless set so by the server admins.
I have yet to find a server that actually does forbid camping. (Camping in general, not only excessive)
b&

Offline Fireman

• Major
  • D:
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 09:34:12 am »

yeah he is a douchebag, but anyway i don't know if you really don't get the point or just trying to avoid it

players do have advantage by camping most of the time. And it is unfair in R/S, ill try to explain you why. In other CTF games you need to cap to score and win, that's why players need to move to the enemy base and it causes fighting between teams. Camping there is tactical because it helps defend the flag while other teammates are trying to capture enemy flag (exception is when some douchebags don't care about scores and they just camp to get good k/d ratio in public servers with stats). In R/S you don't even need to touch the flag, you can win by eliminating all enemy players. You may say "its not unfair because both team can camp as they want" but if both teams don't move forward and just stay in base there will be no contact, no fight and the game will last forever. Someone NEEDS to move in order to finish the round. So while the reasonable players realise they must move to the enemy to actually play the game, douchebags will just stay and wait for them having the advantage just because they are lame enough not to give a s**t. And we're talking about EXCESSIVE camping, which could be described by an example situation when a player just stays in his base for few rounds straight waiting for opponents to come and not even trying to move forward even though he could do it safely. And this is happening probably only in R/S CS because on default maps you could just spray the camper from far away while cs maps provide a lot of colliders, walls, and hiding places to cover yourself and even make yourself invisible for the enemy player.
Too bad you're not safe from the glitching of nades, the same can be said for cs maps. People can camp and hide in boxes etc, I don't really remember default maps having alot of places to hide.

Also Fatman: The point is, it's the admin's rules. You try and votekick someone for a shit reason, you're banned. ( If an admin is present and tends to enforce the rules )

Camping is valid(depends on the server's rules), to overcome it find a strategy or something like spraying. People just like crying over things, "omg the weapon you're using is noob" "spraying is for noobs" and on and on it goes.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 10:00:43 am »
Too bad you're not safe from the glitching of nades, the same can be said for cs maps. People can camp and hide in boxes etc, I don't really remember default maps having alot of places to hide.

we're talking about cs maps here dude, you misread what i wrote ("And this is happening probably only in R/S CS because on default maps you could just spray the camper from far away while cs maps provide a lot of colliders, walls, and hiding places to cover yourself and even make yourself invisible for the enemy player").

Camping is valid(depends on the server's rules)
Camping IS a valid tactic, there is no rule whatsoever against it, unless set so by the server admins.
I have yet to find a server that actually does forbid camping. (Camping in general, not only excessive)

its been said already that R/S CS servers have the rule "excessive camping is not allowed"
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline FAT-MAN

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 10:45:40 am »
How is votekicking campers a sh1t reason? it's actually a good reason and in fact 80% of the times it works, that's just because 80% of the ppl in Soldat hate campf4gs...and excessive camping is forbidden in many if not every R/S server anyway...

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 11:53:18 am »
...cs maps provide a lot of colliders, walls, and hiding places to cover yourself and even make yourself invisible for the enemy player.

You mean that you can't spray campers in "rs cs"?

How is votekicking campers a sh1t reason? it's actually a good reason and in fact 80% of the times it works, that's just because 80% of the ppl in Soldat hate campf4gs...and excessive camping is forbidden in many if not every R/S server anyway...

Butthurt -> vote -> happy.

Camping is valid(depends on the server's rules)

Most of the "rs cs" servers are retarded enough to disallow various tactics. I remember the times when capturing the flag was also forbidden. Maybe that rule will disappear in a same way as the other one did, who knows? That'd be amazing though, you could play a style you wanted, not a style you've been forced to play.
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline Nixer

• Major(1)
  • Walk!
    • Eat-this community site
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 12:04:45 pm »
"Spraying" campers is merely impossible. I've tested it myself, most likely you'll only miss because of colliders or then the "camper" will just see your bullets and get a "hint" and shoot in that direction and kill you.

Disallowing excessive camping doesn't mean you're not allowed to camp at all, just means you shouldn't sit in one position for a couple of hours, obviously.
I don't see why it would be retarded to disallow it, it can be really annoying for even teammates.

Seriously, some of you should learn the term "excessive camping".
Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's not a "valid tactic" or that I'm against camping, just I don't like people who can't freaking move a millimeter and just sit there and waste your time.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 12:06:06 pm »
Disallowing excessive camping doesn't mean you're not allowed to camp at all, just means you shouldn't sit in one position for a couple of hours, obviously.
I don't see why it would be retarded to disallow it, it can be really annoying for even teammates.

Well I wouldn't camp hours myself either.
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline FAT-MAN

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 03:21:41 pm »
Just votekicked one, feels good man.

User warned for spam
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 03:30:13 am by echo_trail »