Author Topic: Better votemap  (Read 664 times)

Offline knuck

• Major(1)
Better votemap
« on: April 30, 2010, 04:16:24 pm »
A better votemap UI. The current one is a pain when you have lots of maps (like I do). If you're playing an INF game and want to votemap, you'll have to go through lots of CTF maps and whatnot to get to the INF maps. By the time you get there, you'll have died over 2348904 times.
I suggest something like a box with a scrollbar with a list of the maps. Or any better idea if anyone has one.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Better votemap
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 04:37:47 pm »
First of all: It's been suggested dozens of times - use search function and see yourself.
My idea: use command
Code: [Select]
/votemap <map_name>
It's already there for years. (I think so.)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline knuck

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 04:24:40 pm »
My idea: don't use the /votemap command. Soldat is a game, and using UI rather than CLI speeds up and makes the game a lot more enjoyable to play. If the only way to buy weapons was to do /buy <weapon-name>, wouldn't you like if a buy weapon menu was implemented? (rhetoric question btw, so people don't try to be funny)
The situation I'm suggesting is when a user has a ton of maps, and remembering the name of every one of them just so he can use the votemap feature isn't easy or worth it to the user.
It also wouldn't be hard at all to code (for anyone who uses this as a reason to f11 this idea).

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:19:51 pm »
I don't know how often this got suggested before, but with more elaborated suggestion descriptions. However, I F12 this.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 05:28:56 pm »
The search function is your friend.
You're wasting time, if you can make a script or something for this, go ahead.
Dev is still busy fixing bugs.
OR:
Get a command implemented that will give you a list of maps available on current server, each map with an ID#, something the like of Zombie Survival script for map changes.
/MapList
/VoteMap [ID#]
b&