Author Topic: Demos & cursor  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Echo

• Major(1)
Demos & cursor
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:59:20 am »
Lately I've seen lots of SCTFL reports claiming the clan X and Y got a Z player with aimbot or whatever other cheats there are out there. So, out of curiosity I've downloaded a few demos of some cheaters/supposed cheaters and I honestly think that it would be so much easier to judge or make the right call if you could actually see the players cursor when playing the demo.

In some of them you can see clearly the bullets jumping from one target to another, but it gets harder to judge if the cheater actually has a brain larger than a peanut or if the cheat is somewhat configurable (I'm not sure if it can be turned on and off by pressing some sort of button, but I'm assuming it can't *yet*).

I haven't really looked into it, but I don't think there's any way of enabling it, so... Yea. I'd like to see that feature implemented. Not just so I can catch cheaters, but because it makes demos quite more interesting imo.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: Demos & cursor
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 10:45:22 am »
Not possible.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 11:57:15 am »
It depends which hack you're using. Some hacks ( I'm an ex hacker, don't argue with me. I KNOW!!!1!!1! ) have aimbot turned on automatically when the hack is loaded and it cannot be turned off. Some of those hacks are activated when somekind of key is pressed. (Alt for an example) and you just have to point the cursor close to an enemy and then aimbot locks it. You can't really move your cursor off from his head unless you release the key.

What comes to enabling cursor for players in demos I believe it cannot be done.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:02:34 pm »
I'm an ex hacker
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Anyway F12
Should be possible.
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »
Not possible.
Im interested, explain me.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 01:14:07 pm »
It would be good, but Soldat's netcode and demo recording does not have such flexibility.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 02:37:44 pm »
It would be good, but Soldat's netcode and demo recording does not have such flexibility.
add 1 line in the packet :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:41:04 pm by -Major- »

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 02:49:11 pm »

I believe it's not that easy because EnEsCe would've done it already.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 06:54:53 pm »

I believe it's not that easy because EnEsCe would've done it already.
the hard part is the demos, but ec already changed spectators mode so that you get to know ammo, jet, hp etc for every player. I'm quite sure it would be possible to add cursors without too much work (surely quite some work).

the ammo and such also works sometimes on demos (it might only be when the demo is taken by a spectator?)

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 12:05:56 am »
could add the sniper line in stead?

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 06:00:37 am »
I believe I brought this up to enesce a loong time ago. Long story short, the cursor would have to be sampled too often + interpolation to look anything close to the real way it moved on the player screen. And sniper line is also not useful since the weapon angle is snapped to too big intervals (you pretty much dont notice it given the short radius but if you extend the line of aim you'd just see it as if everyone were hacking). That's my understanding of the problem.