Author Topic: Cloning  (Read 4160 times)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Re: Cloning
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 01:42:12 pm »
If people wouldn't be led to kill with anything they invent
That's a big 'if' lol..

Since there will always be some really bad German scientist
Yes.. all german scientists are eeeeeeevil.. are you TRYING to troll at this point?

His point is that many inventions, although not initially intended for harm, end up being used that way if it has the potential. And there is always gonna be some s**thead state or country behind it.

Not that I give a shit, and I actually don't, but I'm glad someone, at last, tries to think about my main point instead of insulting me, or attacking my credibility.
You got it right, Echo, and no, DC, I never said that nuclear technology is the origin of cancers and terrorism, but I live in a town where, after Israel built a nuclear power plant, from which the winds head towards this part of Jordan, cancer rates went up by an aprox. 40%.
I know my maths, 40% is no way in hell a mistake or illusion.
b&

DarkCrusade

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »
That's how the technology is being used by people. The technology itself is not evil.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 01:48:23 pm »
Yeah, well if they tried hard enough to prevent it from doing a shit storm of damage, it would have worked.
But they just move on to find countermeasures for it, and then profit off of both.
b&

DarkCrusade

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 02:01:00 pm »
That's the problem. But is there any possible solution to this problem that excludes war and stopping to trade with countries that are against it? In times in which people are trying to profit from everything you cannot argue with logical statements. It's not possible. You really need to threaten them and that makes me kind of sad..

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:46 pm »
That's the problem. But is there any possible solution to this problem that excludes war and stopping to trade with countries that are against it? In times in which people are trying to profit from everything you cannot argue with logical statements. It's not possible. You really need to threaten them and that makes me kind of sad..

Huh, reality hurts.
If it weren't for how much we rely on technology nowadays, and if it were up to me, I'd just stop our technological advancement dead in its tracks.
But that's just me, and it's a highly improbable IF situation.
b&

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 05:39:37 pm »
You're probably going a bit too far by just stopping all technology. In complex society that we live in today, technology is a need.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 09:34:58 pm »
Isn't cloning someone essentially the same as them being born with an identical twin? In that case, isn't it just as much of a person as anyone else? If so, it would be morally reprehensible to farm them for organs or use them as soldiers.  In the case of organ replacement, I imagine it would be more economically feasible to just grow individual organs (which if we can't do already, we're right on the doorstep for).  In the case of soldiers, well...just stop fighting?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2010, 01:15:26 am »
Cloning is a general term that includes different parts of cloning.
1) What you've mentioned (like Dolly)
2) Therapeutic cloning (growing organs -> no need for organ donors)
3) Cloning is also found everywhere in nature
4) Mathematics uses the term cloning, too

Cloning like it's done in StarWars kinda sounds like the end of the world we know. Kinda awkward.
The main problem why cloning is forbidden by law in so many countries is that there are so many people that think cloning is just getting a copy of a plant, an animal or a human person. It'd be ethical incorrect to do so. Many follow this thoughts because of their believes. However, most don't even know the potential of cloning.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2010, 02:48:41 am »
cloning would make it a new person, so they have the exact same value.
sooo ya.... abusing them wouldn't be humane....

even cloning like in starwars would probably create a "new" individual, but thinks and acts the same of it's original (if it's some kind of instant cloning, copying every particle and recreating them).... soooo... this whole cloning idea doesn't work too well ;o

DarkCrusade

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:11 am »
Major, first of all the clone would only be the same in terms of the DNA. It would make its own experiences and would unlikely behave like the original. That's how it is.

The idea of StarWars is to create an exact copy of the same person and that very often. The point is that it is combined with a growing accelerator or otherwise the whole thing wouldn't turn out to be that great as it is in the movie. In fact we are not able to invent such an accelerator.

StarWars is just playing with the idea of a bigass army of clones that is not related to reality in any way so I don't even consider the possibility of a clone army.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 10:04:11 am »
The idea of StarWars is to create an exact copy of the same person and that very often. The point is that it is combined with a growing accelerator or otherwise the whole thing wouldn't turn out to be that great as it is in the movie. In fact we are not able to invent such an accelerator.

StarWars is just playing with the idea of a bigass army of clones that is not related to reality in any way so I don't even consider the possibility of a clone army.
well, I haven't seen starwars so I wouldn't know. but in either way, it's a new human being, with it's own life, counciousness, feelings etc etc.

Major, first of all the clone would only be the same in terms of the DNA. It would make its own experiences and would unlikely behave like the original. That's how it is.
[/qoute]
you sure is a dumbfuck. I said, IF it was a clone made by copying every particle in one instance, the clone would be an exact copy.
why? (I'm sure you would ask that)
because the clone has the originals memories, experiances and everything else.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 11:29:22 am »
You cannot get an exact clone by copying every molecule of the human body. It still would be a baby with the body of an adult and thus not very good as a soldier / your sexslave.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 11:48:46 am »
You cannot get an exact clone by copying every molecule of the human body. It still would be a baby with the body of an adult and thus not very good as a soldier / your sexslave.
there's a difference between copying DNA and copying every particle/molecule....

DarkCrusade

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 11:49:39 am »
Yeah but you would never achieve what you were stating.