Author Topic: go out sometimes, you lifeless losers  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
go out sometimes, you lifeless losers
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:57:43 am »
i wanted to write this as a reply to dusty in another thread, but i don't want to derail it and it's a pretty wide problem, so i thought i'd make entire thread for it. He reminded me of an issue ive been wondering about since a long time. While i was having some silly conversation/arguement/rant with -major- dusty called us geeks and told us to go out sometimes. And people tend to use these lines pretty often while it has nothing to do with anything most of the time. What do you think i do when i go out with friends, discuss science? Figure ways to save the world? No, we're usually having the same retarded conversations like we have on internet forums/chats. Besides, some people like to go out more, some people like to go out less, who the fuck are you to tell these people what to do? It's pretty obvious people talk like this to feel superior in front of others, it's pretty pathetic and what i don't understand is how do those people not realise how ridiculous they sound. I know some of it is just for fun/trolling purposes, but i get a feeling a big part of it is meant to be serious. "Get a life"? Everyone has a life, some more fucked up, some less fucked up, insulting someone just because he's having hard times is pretty fucking low. "Get laid"? Sure, sex reduces stress but it's not a cure for everytime you get angry. "Go out?" What the fuck would that change? I don't expect people who don't give a shit to pay more attention on what they're saying, but seeing people that try to look reasonable and use cheap lines like these, i mean its fucking ridiculous
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

DarkCrusade

Re: go out sometimes, you lifeless losers
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 12:12:41 pm »
Yes, it's ridiculous how -Major- and other trolls around the forums are behaving. No, they have no right to tell people something like this. Yes, they are idiots that you shouldn't even listen to / basically ignore their posts and focus on what's also said.

Feed the trolls and they will rise.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 12:16:40 pm »
When I go out I get drunk and bang some chicks that's what you're supposed to do too!!!
X
  D

By telling people to visit the world outside I'm not telling them to get a live. I myself see it as a reminder about internet not being the real life for those who take things behind the screen a bit too seriously, eg. Major & DarkCrusade.

I had something else to add but I forgot what it was. Nonetheless, the comment wasn't aimed at you, Mittsu.

For the people who are already writing their burning posts about the forums being f**ked by me and many others, I don't care lulz. One person can't really make the change here, especially when it comes to the main subject - Soldat and it's development. Feel free to ban me adminz if you have found my posts worth it.

Honestly I think that people who even mention trolls or trolling are butthurt because of something that has happened. The best solution to actually get over it is ignoring - what you are not doing if you speak about them. You don't have to look at their (our) posts, and if you fail that, you really don't have to reply. It's not going to change anything.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:25:12 pm by Dusty »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 12:28:15 pm »
I don't think you'll be banned. But you aren't here to judge people or tell them what to do (even if you call it reminding them). In fact you don't know shit about people. You just know how they appear to you by their posts. Noone I know from the forums seems to be a real nerd. As for me I have a real life and it's really nice so how did you come to the conclusion I had no?   

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 12:41:35 pm »
how did you come to the conclusion I had no?   

I didn't, now did I? I have never - or at least can't remember telling anyone to "get a life" because I find it rather pathetic aswell. As I mentioned in my first reply, I have a different view on saying somebody to go out.

I'm allowed to judge people however I want to, the thing is that the mentioned people don't have to listen or take it personally.

@below: Did you read my post at all? I never said you don't have a life. Everyone has and it would be stupid to claim anything else. I'll try to make it clear for the last time: even though you face a personal insult you don't have to respond. It's just like in the real life. When somebody wants to fight with you, you have to options to pick from: either you beging fighting or walk away. Usually the latter is way better pick.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:59:26 pm by Dusty »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 12:47:46 pm »
I wouldn't need to take it personally if you said it either in a joking way or in a personal talk. Exposing it in a forum where thousand of people are watching is a personal attack, understand it or not. I'm not feeling offended but I'm wondering why you think I had no life.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 12:55:44 pm »
That's damn serious drama going on here.

I gotta admit that I agree with Mittsu.
Some people do like to go out more than the others, it doesn't mean you have to insult someone.

Anyway. I think that -Major- is one hell of a fucked troll. Someone give him a lesson.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 01:18:32 pm »
Yes, it's ridiculous how -Major- and other trolls around the forums are behaving. No, they have no right to tell people something like this. Yes, they are idiots that you shouldn't even listen to / basically ignore their posts and focus on what's also said.

Feed the trolls and they will rise.
lol... have you EVER read a post even once?
you know, I thought retardation had a limit, but you prove it doesn't. you're even being a hypocrite, you're telling people to just /ignore posts from "these people", but yet you're responding to ALL of my posts.

@Dusty... you are quite the retard, ussualy trolls are the ones that cares the least about things. the "researches" I have done in soldat is things I have mostly discovered in game, and thought back at what I was doing. then I join a server alone and tries to prove my theory, ussualy takes like 10 minutes.

Centurion lives in his own world....

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 01:24:29 pm »
The irony is too much for me.. oh, the irony..

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 01:28:00 pm »
On the topic of getting a life, I always wondered what everyone else does when they "hang out."  Can anyone enlighten me, and can they explain why that experience is "better" than the ones I have with my friends?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 01:32:47 pm »
thats sure a lot of words about things that dont matter
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 01:38:16 pm »
@veritas: Way to act like a total idiot.

@Gamer_2k4: If you are enjoying the time you spend with your friends nothing is wrong >_>

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 01:56:03 pm »
i sure am the idiot for not reading a solid block of text with the title "go out sometimes, you lifeless losers"

how could one possibly miss out on one of the greatest posts of our time
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 02:04:15 pm »
When somebody wants to fight with you, you have two options to pick from: either you begin fighting or walk away. Usually the latter is way better pick.
It's not usually that simple. Sometimes you just can't do it in such a way that doesn't make you feel "defeated". Everyone wants to have the last word in an argument and everyone has at least a little bit of pride. Walking away means showing that you don't care. But sometimes a fight involves things that you do care about and you can't simply ignore them.

It's not always just a matter of pride or anything like that. What pisses me off is knowing that if a person tried to hurt me - I know I'm not the only one and there probably are others who will be hurt even more by that person. That's why even I sometimes can't stop myself from joining a stupid troll war.
A good punch in the face CAN sometimes be more useful than just ignoring and walking away.
Unfortunately very few people can use words so well to penetrate trolls' 5m thick shield of arrogance, so they only feed the troll, troll replies and the cycle repeats.

As for (not)having a life - there's nothing wrong with wasting time on the internet, as long as there is something in real life that compensates for that time. You can tell if a person's spending a lot of time on the internet, but you can't know anything about their real life, therefore you're not the one to judge.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 02:08:49 pm »
@Veritas: Without even knowing what this topic is all about you wannabe-funny-troll act like a stupid idiot.

@Loner: You are fucking right. Nothing to add here.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 02:22:29 pm »
i sure am the idiot for not reading a solid block of text with the title "go out sometimes, you lifeless losers"

how could one possibly miss out on one of the greatest posts of our time

most of the threads in this section don't matter, and they don't have to matter, they can just be interesting. You pointing out that it doesn't matter is useless, besides your post doesn't matter as well. If you tried to guess what's this thread about judging from the title, you probably misinterpreted it. And i don't get the fear of the "block of text", you'd read that in 30 seconds.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 02:53:09 pm »
@DarkCrusade

you I can actually see this applying to. Look at this thread alone- you've literally made 1 out of every 3 posts.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 02:57:43 pm »
Lock this and sticky as a model of how threads shouldn't look like.

I lol so much at how you care about opinion of people you haven't ever seen and might even be 10 year old.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 03:09:04 pm »
@Frunk: Instead of posting your OffTopic shit here go and make some pictures for the adventure thread.
@Gizd: I don't know why you think backseat moderating is cool but it ain't. Your posts ain't, too.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 03:28:26 pm »
Going outside once for a while can be very educational thou. And not only for friends and drinking, you can get out jogging or hunting pigeons.
If you guys never run, you should. It feels good in both your muscles and glory-hole. Besides, staring at screen too much can cause head-acne.

The irony is too much for me.. oh, the irony..
Ohhh yes.