Author Topic: RTL compatibility?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Dan_y2k

• Major(1)
  • Soldat RULE
RTL compatibility?
« on: July 03, 2010, 09:33:31 am »
First off, I would like to say that Soldat is a GREAT game.

I've FULLY translated Soldat 1.5 into Hebrew. It wasn't easy, but I managed to do it.
I'm also planning on creating a small israeli fan site. Nothing official (at least not for now).
The Hebrew translation is still in testing mode (spelling mistakes etc), so I'm not releasing it to the public yet.

I've decided to take the Hebrew translation to the next level. I'm really interested in fully translating Soldat versions into Hebrew.

For that I need 2 things:
1. RTL Compatibilty - this means that every string, text, object (on the game menu, and on the messages during the game) must be directed from right to left (not like in English, where the direction is from left to right). I think that there should be an option for that at least in the language file (something like "rtl=true"), which should change everything from LTR (left to right) to RTL (right to left).

2. All strings translation - I've noticed that a few strings are not translated on Soldat v1.5. In my opinion, it's important that ALL of the strings can be translated.

That's it for now. Like I said, I'm still testing the Hebrew translation, in case that more things will occur.

I will let everyone know when I'll release the full hebrew translation.

Thanks for reading, and for your patience. :)
Regards,
Dan_y2k.

Offline Norbo

• Camper
Re: RTL compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:10:44 am »
No offence and no flame, but i dont think lots of soldat players speak Hebrew ;/

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:02:49 pm »
No offence and no flame, but i dont think lots of soldat players speak Hebrew ;/
so what???
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 01:04:46 pm »
Actually soldat 1.5.1 is having major problems with basic handling of ansi codepages (unicode in 1.5.1 doesn't work at all). So i don't think there will be any kind of RTL compatibility implemented any time soon... see bug tracker for more info...

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 10:14:49 am »
I don't think that is quite true, Israel has enough active players to play in the Soldat World Cup; I've also seen a couple of public servers hosted from Israel which look active. Not to mention the oldschool pros like Ok and Bugs Revenge who won SCTFL back in the day! You can find them all on #soldat.israel @ quakenet. Would probably be a good idea to pass them your translation so they can check it also ;)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat