Author Topic: Onslaught server  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Onslaught server
« on: May 25, 2010, 02:54:29 pm »
Onslaught mode, hosted by dnmr`

If you never played Unreal Torunament 2004 or higher, you might be interested in game rules, which are available here

Server doesn't use weapon mod
Realistic mode is on!

Disabled weapons: Minigun
Time limit: 40 minutes

Map rotation:
ons_Torlan
ons_Tunnels
ons_Craven
ons_classical
ons_Segment
ons_snow-hell
ons_Town

Server
Onslaught
IP: soldat://lemonserv.com:23073
Player limit: 10
Hosted by dnmr

Join also our community!
http://eat-that.org
#soldat.eat-this! @ QuakeNet

Enjoy your game!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:51:25 am by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline mich1103

• Flagrunner
  • Did you say chocolate ? O.o
    • ZoMbIe-DeStRoYeR pk server
Re: Onslaught server
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »
i like this server ... but each time i play no one are on it  :-[

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:17:58 pm »
Falcon, you should mention #soldat.eat-this! @ QNet and http://eat-that.org/index.php?action=forum in big letters in the first post instead of spamming my name there..

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »
Done

@mich1103: Well, keep trying :). There are sometimes people
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 02:37:54 pm »
It's a great gamemode, I had a lot of fun on it even though there weren't many people there. At first it's confusing since you don't know the map and positions of the nodes, but other than those few issues - I think this could even make a great official gamemode if implemented properly. Hopefully the word will spread out and we'll see more people there soon.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:44:16 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 02:47:11 am »
Played it a few days ago, but only with 2 people. It's a great gamemode, but doesn't make that much fun when there ain't much people since capturing/defending nodes is pretty unbalanced then.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:58 am »
Ahahaha - accidentally throughout the game i TKed and got kicked :( Map was setup to make it hard to aim kuz soo many colliders all over the place (plus ceilings kuz of roofs) and friend in the way == nowhere to aim, plus I have slow reaction time :D
Fun game though, I advise others to check this out.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 01:36:12 pm »
Ahahaha - accidentally throughout the game i TKed and got kicked :( Map was setup to make it hard to aim kuz soo many colliders all over the place (plus ceilings kuz of roofs) and friend in the way == nowhere to aim, plus I have slow reaction time :D
Fun game though, I advise others to check this out.
I know which map you're talking about, and yeah, it's REALLY hard to see where colliders are. Luckily other maps don't have that problem. :P

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 04:36:03 pm »
Updated the first post
- Andrew Lewis

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 07:29:45 pm »
(I'm assuming this is different than this due to the different server versions, so I'll just report the bugs here)

Bug:
I was on ons_Craven, I owned locations 1, 2, 4; I went to 3 to start it (dummy was created), then I went to 5 (I think), and was capturing 3 when doing the swap thing at 5. Once that was done, then the other dummy was created at 5 and I started capturing it.

Bug:
Spectators seem to break the server. Twice now I joined spectator, and the server crashed.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 03:23:52 am »
(I'm assuming this is different than this due to the different server versions, so I'll just report the bugs here)
This topic is just out of date. I've removed script from soldatcentral, upgraded it and asked dnmr` to host it

Bug:
I was on ons_Craven, I owned locations 1, 2, 4; I went to 3 to start it (dummy was created), then I went to 5 (I think), and was capturing 3 when doing the swap thing at 5. Once that was done, then the other dummy was created at 5 and I started capturing it.
If I understood you correctly, then it's not a bug. Read the rules again. To capture next node, you need to have previous one fully set up. Since node 3 was still under construction, you couldn't start conquering 5. "The swap thing" i understand as changing weapons on node's platform. It don't start building process, it only speeds it up.
I was trying to add some ASCII links map to interface, but nah, w/o pictures and UsePackage() function it's... hard.

Bug:
Spectators seem to break the server. Twice now I joined spectator, and the server crashed.
Fixed. Thanks for the report :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:02:25 pm by FalconPL »
- Andrew Lewis

Offline deguix

• Major
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 01:39:03 pm »
Just telling that the server is now for soldat 1.5.0. No need to have the beta to go in there.

It's a bit laggy for me (im in US). Gameplay is nice though.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:42:14 pm by deguix »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 07:52:15 am »
Oh damn i completly forgot about this topic :D
Edited the first post. Thanks deguix!
- Andrew Lewis