Author Topic: InterfaceImage / DrawText / etc.  (Read 675 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
InterfaceImage / DrawText / etc.
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:37:03 am »
For those who don't know yet, there are new features documented for 2.7.0 that allow you to draw (limited) images on a player's screen, or on the map
procedure InterfaceImage(ID,ItemID,ImageID: Byte;X,Y: Word;Scale: Single);
Parameter Info:
  ItemID (Byte): ID for the interface item, number from 1 to 10. See description for more info.
  ImageID (Byte): ID of the image to draw on the interface. See below for a list.

procedure DrawText(ID,BigTextID: Byte; Text: string; Delay: Integer; Colour: Longint; Scale: Single;X,Y: Integer)
Parameter Info:
  BigTextID (Byte): Number from 1-3, ID of the DrawText to overwrite

1)  Does that mean you can only have up to 10 items drawn on someone's screen?
2)  If so, I'm not exactly sure why there's a restricition, but any chance that this can be increased to something over 100?
3)  And for that matter, is that the same for DrawText (with 3 being max)?
4)  Any chance that there can be a ARGB color parameter that can change the hue of the thing drawn (useful, for example, with flag icon)
5)  And now that drawing graphics from scripts is possible, any chance that there can be a folder on the client machine to which the server/script can write files to (perhaps explicitly graphic files, and with max folder size limit)

These 5 points in and of themselves would make scripting so much more diverse and potent!

Also, InterfaceImage apparently takes 7 parameters instead of documented 6, and I can't really figure it out. i wanted to play around with it before posting :/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:43:43 pm by zyxstand »
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
Re: InterfaceImage / DrawText / etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:22:29 am »
This hasn't been completed, but is an idea by EnEsCe that may relate to your #5 question: http://enesce.com/help/index.html?Functions/UsePackage.html
I haven't heard anything in regards to whats going on with it.

#4 sounds like a cool feature request :P

I haven't played much with those too much, sorry I can't help too much.