Author Topic: ever noticed high bink?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
ever noticed high bink?
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:36:12 pm »
1)  Ever notice how a stray bullet that has traveled a long distance (particularly slow mp5 bullets) actually cause more bink than a faster-travelling bullet?
2)  Ever notice how switching to barret from another gun just after you've been shot (with small bink) turns into unreasonably large bink?
3)  Ever notice that there should be a maximum bink so that it doesn't take 5 seconds to stabilize?
4)  Ever notice how binking doesn't make you fire random?  You fire in one of few random directions away from your cursor.
5)  Ever notice how you don't get binked from enemy in regular deathmatch while standing.

P.S.: I did notice that a similar post as this one has been made, but without much review.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:58:30 am by zyxstand »
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: ever noticed high bink?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:58:39 pm »
Didn't know about the first two, haven't tried. As for 3 and 4:

There is a maximum bink actually. You can't raise bink beyond that level. I don't know what's the value (my guess is 255), but it does take 5 seconds to recover from it and your cursor is HUGE. As for 4, it are actually only 3 directions - the top (at the very edge), the bottom (at the very edge), or 100% straight. If you want to be even more inaccurate than the maximum bink, you gotta use movementacc, though fortunately no gun has such a ridiculous movementacc.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 12:25:16 am »
thanks stm.
well, i just went to test #4 (cuz i remember that it was definitely as i explained in the older version) - unfortunately it seems only barret and m79 have bink. so i edited weapons.ini to give HK high bink, and allowed a bot to shoot me constantly (no reload time and no damage).  when i fired after having a maximum bink (which seems to be reasonably small now, compared to older version), my bullets did only go in either one of two directions - never straight.  i do know though that sometimes barrets seem to fire straight even after the barreter is being shot at with HK.
ALSO:  during my testing, i noticed that your bink doesn't change while your standing on ground - as soon as i fly, bink goes up fast (while being shot).

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:41:18 am »
was the bot in your team?

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 12:49:24 am »
no, it was deathmatch.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 04:12:06 am »
It's a bug. I believe it happens because every player is in the same team in dm matches. That's how it works with team based modes; you can't bink your mate if he's standing still.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:23:10 am »
Try firing an automatic weapon with bink set to -9000. You should see the occasional bullet that shoots straight, just that the probability is much lower. The probability of either shooting up, down or straight is 1/3 each according to Skoskav(10th_account).

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 11:57:01 am »
alright: no bullet went straight, but the bullets did go in more than 2 directions (about 4 directions).
and agreed to the deathmatch deal... but all the other things gotta get fixed!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 09:25:16 pm »
Ohhhkay... you're right about that, I also tried it with normal 9000 bink, also 4 directions.

I can't test 1 since it's pretty hard to do with bots.

As for 2, I can't re-enact the situation. I let a bot with a 0 damage Barrett shoot me, I got binked (quite a small amount). I switched to my (unmodified)Socom, but the cursor did not change in size, nor did firing go way off. Is the "unreasonably high bink" instantaneous or does it last over a period of time? If it's the latter, I don't know. If it is the former, that's due to the Soldaten's animation.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 10:20:43 pm »
i think that #2 doesn't exist anymore - in the old version, your cursor was able to get really huge, and i noticed that it got ridiculously huge when switching to the barret while binked... i guess nottin to worry about now then...
perhaps let bink be proportional to the bullet's speed?  that gives AK steyr and minimi more advantage over HK and DE (which might be good or bad), but it would prevent a 1% damage stray bullet from inflicting any significant bink.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 11:03:55 pm »
it's the bink value of the weapon... when you switch from barrett to a self bink weapon you will still get the same binking as if you had brt, I think.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 02:15:27 pm »
I think I only noticed this one:
1)  Ever notice how a stray bullet that has traveled a long distance (particularly slow mp5 bullets) actually cause more bink than a faster-travelling bullet?
Though I'm not 100% sure.