Author Topic: keyboard input  (Read 924 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
keyboard input
« on: June 27, 2010, 04:50:38 pm »
hey, just asking for a small fix:
pressing ALT+[key] and then pressing ALT+[same key] within a few seconds won't recognize it the second time.
particularly annoying in hexer when you get aetherwalk refresh for example and other scenarios too*
kthnx
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: keyboard input
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:06:09 pm »
It's there to prevent spamming.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:08:46 pm »
hmm... i can see why, but i think spammers should just be kicked if spamming the console too much - it shouldn't drag others down that would want sending same command twice.
perhaps disable the lock for / commands (although that seems to be more complicated then)
there's virtually never a need to send same chat message twice (or more) in a row, but with commands it might be a different story...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 03:39:37 am »
So do [ALT]+key and [ALT]+different key and here you go.

As we are on taunts topic - I've noticed that if your trying to write special sign (i.e. [rightALT]+s gives you Ś - which is common polish char used in front of certain words but not only) in the beginning of the line will put taunt first and then it will put this sign. It's pretty annoying but it's not that bad. Possible solution? Use for taunting left alt-key only.

What's more...when you have some taunts assigned to numbers and use it right after being killed it'll make you choose different weapon from weapon menu...And I consider it as major bug.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 09:34:05 am »
Same with rightALT + 8/9 :p
I've also encountered this problem many times in hexer and got used to taunt something else, but in reality it would result in 3 taunts and not in 2 if you wouldn't have to taunt another beetween those 2.

I'm for to make this an option atleast.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:46:18 am »
So do [ALT]+key and [ALT]+different key and here you go.

As we are on taunts topic - I've noticed that if your trying to write special sign (i.e. [rightALT]+s gives you Ś - which is common polish char used in front of certain words but not only) in the beginning of the line will put taunt first and then it will put this sign. It's pretty annoying but it's not that bad. Possible solution? Use for taunting left alt-key only.

What's more...when you have some taunts assigned to numbers and use it right after being killed it'll make you choose different weapon from weapon menu...And I consider it as major bug.

yeah i do the other different-key-taunt usually, but there are so many situations where i lost too much time before re-taunting and died as a result...