Author Topic: Dead Honeys Mod pack  (Read 14239 times)

Offline DeadHoney

• Major(1)
Dead Honeys Mod pack
« on: July 02, 2010, 03:43:24 am »
Dead Honeys Mod v5
Changes from v4:
-M79 and nades trails color.

M79 and nades trails are now blue, as I was not using bullet trails when I made this mod I had not noticed that it was yellow and green before.

Download:
Mediafire (pop-up ads)

Dead Honeys Mod v4
Changes from v3:
-fixed blood size
-might be something more

Modified the "ranny" so that it's the same size as the other gostek.

Download:
Mediafire (pop-up ads)

Dead Honeys Mod v3
Changes from v2:
-Hit sound

I forgot to include these 3 audio files in the previous versions (noticed after reformating all my hdds).
The Changes are made in the "sfx" folder, if you want to only add this patch, then copy paste following files: hit-arg.wav, hit-arg2.wav, hit-arg3.wav.

Download:
Mediafire (pop-up ads)

MegaUpload(waiting time + pop-up ads)

Also attached to this post

Dead Honeys Mod v2

Changes from v1:
-Blood

The Changes are made in the "ranny" folder, at "Gostek-gfx/ranny" and "Gostek-gfx/team2/ranny", if you want to only add this patch, then copy paste those folders.

Download:
Mediafire (pop-up ads)

Dead Honeys Mod v1

Changes from default:
-Map Textures (not all)
-Weapons
-Interface (only 640x480)
-Explosions
-Gostek
-Minimi sound
-Blood
-Text(Not modified, only is there to make sure you have the standard one)

Diffrent shells and bullet colors for every weapon

Modified explosions, in, blue, green, original (by tatoo) and inverted colors. (not all browsers can read apng)

default explosion (green)

Download:
Mediafire (pop-up ads)

Install notes:

You Must enable "render smooth polygons" for the edges to appear.

Registered as mod:
extract the "Dead-Honey's_Mod.zip"/"Dead-Honey's_Mod_v2.zip" to soldatpath/Mods (example: c:/soldat/mods)

Registered as default mod:
Make a new folder, and copy the folders: Custom-interfaces, Gostek-gfx, sfx, sparks-gfx, textures, txt, weapons-gfx and then paste them in the new folder. This is now your backup.
Now extract "Dead-Honey's_Mod.zip"/"Dead-Honey's_Mod_v2.zip" into your soldat install path (example: c:/soldat) this should add or overwrite existing files into the folders that have the same name.
If this doesn't work, Copy your back up and paste it in your soldat install path and then manualy copy all the files from the .zip file into every folder.

Unregistered as Mod
extract the "Dead-Honey's_Mod.zip"/"Dead-Honey's_Mod_v2.zip" to soldatpath/Mods (example: c:/soldat/mods)
for the interface you will need to copy all the files in the "custom-interface" folder into "interface-gfx" folder. make a back up first.

Unregistered as default:
Make a new folder, and copy the folders: Custom-interfaces, Gostek-gfx, sfx, sparks-gfx, textures, txt, weapons-gfx and then paste them in the new folder. This is now your backup.
Now extract "Dead-Honey's_Mod.zip"/"Dead-Honey's_Mod_v2.zip" into your soldat install path (example: c:/soldat) this should add or overwrite existing files into the folders that have the same name.
If this doesn't work, Copy your back up and paste it in your soldat install path and then manualy copy all the files from the .zip file into every folder.
for the interface you will need to copy all the files in the "custom-interface" folder into "interface-gfx" folder. make a back up first.

Credits:
I don't remember where I got everything from... most things I have remade or made myself.
I took the interface grid from "easy and perfect mod" and explosions from "tatoo", which I then remade.
I got some of the cell-shaded stuff from a guy... who probably got it from some Russian mod.. which I then enhanced or remade.
Hit sounds are taken from a quake soldat mod, made by SK.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:52:02 am by DeadHoney »

Offline killzonea59

• Soldier
  • nut up or shut up :D
Re: Dead Honey's Mod pack
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:50:31 am »
Ooooooh  :o !
i like!
Definately going to download and try out.
I really like what you did with the explosion, its very creative and unique.
Well done sir  ;D

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 04:59:26 am »
Modified explosions, in, blue, green, original (by tatoo) and inverted colors. (not all browsers can read apng)

I feel like letting you know that pretty much all of them except IE can display animated PNG's correctly.

Also, I'd recommend that in addition to listing a bunch of download mirrors you attach it to your post. (edit -> Additional Options)

Good work on the mod btw. Only criticism I have is that the grid view interface would probably get on my nerves.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:01:15 am by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline DeadHoney

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 01:11:01 pm »

I feel like letting you know that pretty much all of them except IE can display animated PNG's correctly.

Also, I'd recommend that in addition to listing a bunch of download mirrors you attach it to your post. (edit -> Additional Options)

Good work on the mod btw. Only criticism I have is that the grid view interface would probably get on my nerves.
hmm, my chrome browser can't handle it.. but I'm pretty sure there's some plugin to make it work.

the forum won't allow me to upload it via attachment D:
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

The interface grid is good to remember law shots. if you can remember where to sit, you can easily figure out a position for your mouse on the grid.
this way you can hit pixel precise law shots almost every time (the hardest part is to position your soldat at the correct position).

edit: oh, might mention not all textures are changed. some maps looks horrible with plain textures.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:57:28 pm by DeadHoney »

Offline killzonea59

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 12:16:39 pm »

hmm, my chrome browser can't handle it.. but I'm pretty sure there's some plugin to make it work.

the forum won't allow me to upload it via attachment D:
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

The interface grid is good to remember law shots. if you can remember where to sit, you can easily figure out a position for your mouse on the grid.
this way you can hit pixel precise law shots almost every time (the hardest part is to position your soldat at the correct position).

edit: oh, might mention not all textures are changed. some maps looks horrible with plain textures.

Whoah, see, i would have never seen it the way you did. My opinion, i think its a good idea, but i kinda agree with jrgp, if your doing something other than lawing, i'm pretty sure after a while it'd start getting annoying and kind of in the way.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 06:43:09 pm »
Nothing prevents you from modifying the interface file to remove the grid.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline killzonea59

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 01:33:31 am »
Yeah, well i'm not saying its getting in MY way, i've already done that  ;D .
I was just trying to help out.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 04:00:16 am »
seems to be fine at all but theere was a discussion about that "grid" in sctfl 15 and it got disallowed
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 04:30:07 am »
seems to be fine at all but theere was a discussion about that "grid" in sctfl 15 and it got disallowed
I highly doubt that. sctfl prohobit mods that directly work against other players, such as adding health bars to opponents, or removing or resizing weapons/sceneries. however, mods that gives you an advantage is not disallowed - as long as it doesn't give your opponent a direct disadvantage.

altho, I think it was sctfl15 that power throw got a lot of attention because of my video of it. which was the disallowed.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 04:37:47 am »

Source?

>___________________>

>___________________________________>

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 06:56:22 am »

Source?

>___________________>

I dont know any source but it is in my mind.
As far as i can remember it was caused by a end screenshot in a sctfl match.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 07:50:33 am »

Source?

>___________________>

lol, I bet somebody wanted to knock out wasted! from the play offs ;d

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 04:10:57 pm »

That's what I thought, it was only a discussion. The grid is allowed, always has and always will.

Offline DeadHoney

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:52 pm »
Updated the Mod and added Team Color blood. Also managed to attach the zips to the original post.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 08:41:12 pm »
hell yes deadhoney. love this so much.

Offline DeadHoney

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 04:06:22 pm »
oh boy, I noticed that I forgot to include a few files on the other 2 versions, but I'm too lazy to reupload them, so I'll just add another version.
It's the quake III hit sound instead of the "argh" sound.

Offline rezzet

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 02:07:24 am »
good job, love it

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 03:06:49 am »
can't wait to test this. thanks

Offline Hellboy

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 03:25:20 am »
The interface is fucked up for meh :S

What can I do ?
fr0g|Hellboy
Waives|Hellboy

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 04:35:17 am »
Are you using the stock resolution? (640x480)
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.