Author Topic: how the fuck do you make ASUS stuff work?  (Read 770 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
how the fuck do you make ASUS stuff work?
« on: July 30, 2010, 08:51:10 am »
so I recently bought ASUS Xonar DS... I managed to install it once (after like 5 attempts), after a lot of problems, however.... I then uninstalled it to install a new driver, didn't work. and now I can't install the drivers again (tried for maybe 2-3 hours).... it apparently can't find the hardware, even tho EVERYTHING else finds the hardware.....

since some people suggest ASUS there must be a way to install this without having to use their software... (and no, I'm not gonna reformat to install this crap, it should work without reformating)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: how the f**k do you make ASUS stuff work?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:12:30 am »
If you're not using the drivers that came with it, maybe check their site to see if they have newer ones? Maybe the issue is that you don't have the english version of windows? Have you tried Windows Update?

And if you're pissed at ASUS, don't be. I have two of their motherboards, a few of their video cards, and some other misc hardware and all of it has been running great for years.
There are other worlds than these

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: how the f**k do you make ASUS stuff work?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:37:21 pm »
well... fixed it after a lot of work... had to change the EEPROM code in DOS. because somehow, ASUS crap (was probably windows but meh... never had this happen with anything else...) overwrite itself, so it's EEPROM was something completely random.