Author Topic: couple suggestions  (Read 2779 times)

Offline k001

• Major(1)
couple suggestions
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:58:45 pm »
good evening... sry if this ideas was posted already, but i didnt find them so...
- color of players names in death console should have the same color as the team (will be usefull in CTF and TDM)
-add a couple stats @ CTF, like returns and grabs
pls provide me some feedback , thanks

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: couple suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 03:01:50 pm »
names are already colored in kill log.

it would be more interessting with EFC kills and how long you hold the flag or something... but I don't think any more stats are needed than what currently are.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:07:30 pm »
We don't have enough space for that on the screen, Einstein.
b&

Offline k001

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 03:40:30 pm »
yeah , i've wanted to say (change to different collors) cause is kinda hard to distinguish them

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 07:04:33 pm »
there is plently of space for more stats but more isn't needed.

yeah , i've wanted to say (change to different collors) cause is kinda hard to distinguish them
hmm, I see the colors with ease, maybe it's because of some font?

Offline 1E03

• Major(1)
  • Options are Optional
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:33:04 pm »
I've got a sugestion, What if there could be Achivements you could unlock Durring gameplay?
Sort of like X Box and you check on which ones you have or not
I Lost The Game

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:17:05 pm »
I've got a sugestion, What if there could be Achivements you could unlock Durring gameplay?

This has already been suggested dozens of times, and will never be implemented, next time use the search function before making a suggestion in a topic / a separate thread.

1.People playing for stats alone is already bad enough, you want to give those lifeless machines more goals to achieve during which they will very likely ruin someone else's game?

2.It would ruin Soldat's simplicity: Kill or be killed, no fancy awards or confetti for following that rule.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:35:43 pm by demoniac93 »
b&

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:22:44 am »
Achievments are only fun in single player games, and THEN only when they give you cool stuff like inf ammo or new guns and what not. Anyway, isn't the Portal system( >:(  >:(  >:( ) going to incorporate stats somehow?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 09:04:16 am »
Do you have anything in mind that could be a good achievement?

Offline BEYOND

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 11:36:59 am »
I agree with Demoniac, whats the point? Kill or be killed is enough for me. With that being said Soldat only rarely gives me that feeling of satisfaction where i did something extraordinary. I mean, we already have double, triple and multi kills. Something like killing two enemies with one shot (ruger, m79, barret, law) might be cool to get an award. And by award i mean just something that pops up on the screen and pats you on the back for doing something interesting and having no real affect on gameplay whatsoever.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 07:42:09 am »
I think he meant it will be better than it already is.

Like that:

Cuz isn't blue(Bravo) and isn't red(Alpha).
I think that's a good thing to do, I don't know why the colors aren't the same as the scoreboard.
oh my crap english
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 01:46:30 pm »
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4485/colours.jpg

I think that's a good thing to do, I don't know why the colors aren't the same as the scoreboard.
Good point.. but the good thing about scoreboard colors vs kill log colors is that kill log is sometimes hard to see if the map colors are similar to kill log colors.
Scoreboard colors are pure blue and pure red, which are rarely used in the map itself, so the two don't blend together. On the other hand, because of the darkish background the scoreboard has, the font colors do blend with BG a bit. Just a tiny bit, but I don't think there will be any harm in brightening up font colors a little.

1.People playing for stats alone is already bad enough, you want to give those lifeless machines more goals to achieve during which they will very likely ruin someone else's game?

2.It would ruin Soldat's simplicity: Kill or be killed, no fancy awards or confetti for following that rule.
I too was (mostly) against that kind of idea being implemented, but really it's not as bad as it seems (you're just being stubborn ;O ).

Depending on how achievements are implemented, they can:
1. Encourage players to try different weapons and gameplay styles.
2. Encourage them to practice different tricks that new players normally don't even know about (backflips, barrett zoom, flag throw)
3. Stick with Soldat for a longer period to unlock some achievements, instead of quitting after a few hours.
4. Certain achievements can be used to determine player's level of skill, which then can be used to make a simple matchmaking system to bring together players of similar level of skill.

I'm not talking about Call-of-Duty-like massive unlock and achievement system. I'm talking about something simpler, that doesn't require more than two weeks to unlock most of the achievements. In short: achievements can be used as sort of a game manual in disguise, that helps newbs to get to know what there is in Soldat, instead of making them wander in the dark figuring all that out on their own (and not rewarding them anything when they do).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:52:32 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 04:30:21 pm »
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4485/colours.jpg

Good point.. but the good thing about scoreboard colors vs kill log colors is that kill log is sometimes hard to see if the map colors are similar to kill log colors.
Scoreboard colors are pure blue and pure red, which are rarely used in the map itself, so the two don't blend together. On the other hand, because of the darkish background the scoreboard has, the font colors do blend with BG a bit. Just a tiny bit, but I don't think there will be any harm in brightening up font colors a little.

I too was (mostly) against that kind of idea being implemented, but really it's not as bad as it seems (you're just being stubborn ;O ).

Depending on how achievements are implemented, they can:
1. Encourage players to try different weapons and gameplay styles.
2. Encourage them to practice different tricks that new players normally don't even know about (backflips, barrett zoom, flag throw)
3. Stick with Soldat for a longer period to unlock some achievements, instead of quitting after a few hours.
4. Certain achievements can be used to determine player's level of skill, which then can be used to make a simple matchmaking system to bring together players of similar level of skill.

I'm not talking about Call-of-Duty-like massive unlock and achievement system. I'm talking about something simpler, that doesn't require more than two weeks to unlock most of the achievements. In short: achievements can be used as sort of a game manual in disguise, that helps newbs to get to know what there is in Soldat, instead of making them wander in the dark figuring all that out on their own (and not rewarding them anything when they do).

Hey, I got pretty good with almost everything there is to soldat on my own, and to be honest, I sued to play the most when I wanted to figure something out, like doing a back-flip or zooming in with the Barrett.
b&

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 04:57:08 pm »
Hey, I got pretty good with almost everything there is to soldat on my own, and to be honest, I used to play the most when I wanted to figure something out, like doing a back-flip or zooming in with the Barrett.
So did I, but people are different. Some people (like you) see it as challenge and enjoy it, some find it frustrating when they have to figure stuff before they can actually play. It's like you want to play the game but you can't even find what the controls are.

Also, point #1 is still valid. Personally, achievements in games are the one thing that always made me try weapons that I would never play with otherwise. It might do some good in Soldat, making one-shotters use autos and the other way around.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:58:47 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 05:02:32 pm »

probably because it's ugly that way

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 08:19:17 pm »
Do you have anything in mind that could be a good achievement?

Using a similar timer as the kill spree announcements have an achievement that marks multikills using a different weapon for each kill?
ex.

Minimi - Knife - Minimi <-- doesn't count for achievement

Minimi - Knife - MP5 <-- counts for achievement tier 1

Minimi - LAW - Deagle - AUG - AK <-- counts for achievement tier 3

and so on, each kill needs to be done with a different weapon, and so the achievement relies on both skill [proficiency with different weapons] and luck [guns have to drop close enough to pick up and get a kill with before multikill timer runs out].
Needless to say this would probably be a very advanced sort of achievement.

Not sure if Soldat can support an achievement system anyways.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:21:44 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0