Poll

SWF Version 1.1 feed back poll!

Five Stars! - Works perfectly, little to no changes needed; few to no bugs.
Four Stars! - Works well, a few changes needed; few bugs.
Three Stars - Works O.K., defanatly needs work
Two Stars - Lots of changes and bug fixes needed.
One Star - Is anywhere from a pice of S***, does not work at all or is pointless or usless.
I prefer Beta v.0.5.2 over v.1.1

Author Topic: Soldat Weapon Factory 1.1  (Read 30633 times)

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
Soldat Weapon Factory 1.1
« on: August 31, 2010, 05:58:07 pm »
UPDATED! 1/27/11.

SWF VERSION 1.1.
Notice that new simulator button?? more info here!

Purpose

There have been many weapon.ini readers/editors But I have found that they offer nothing. SWF (Soldat Weapon Factory) uses the weapon.ini and it's values to generate powerful statistics to aid you in editing and modification production. With this you can create the weapon you 'envision'. It gives you the information you need to work faster and more accurately, without the need to constantly test out your weapons.

v.0.5.2 - v.1.1 Change log:
-Updated text files
-Added bullet trajectory simulator

Download SWF version 1.1.

Download Soldat Weapon Factory 1.1 Source Code!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:43:32 pm by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
Re: [Request] Weapon "MAKER".
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 01:44:11 am »
Wow. Not one reply. Unfortunate, yet it gave me the "Kick" to just code it my self. I'm not very good and I'd really like some help, the more I code the more errors and crashes I'm getting. I've gotten a few things working and I've found some problems with my original formulas, so some things above have been updated. If you want to take my ideas and start working on something let me know. If you have suggestions I'd love to hear them. If you find some thing wrong with my outline by all means tell me I need to know. I had a lot of mistakes the first time and I know I'll find more.

-Vehicle Destroyer-
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:57:14 am by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Teolant

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:16:53 am »
I'll help you code it, if you like. I presume, looking at the screenie, that you're coding it in a form of Visual Basic.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:29 pm »
I'll help you code it, if you like. I presume, looking at the screenie, that you're coding it in a form of Visual Basic.
Thanks Teolant. That's right, Visual Basic Express 2010. I could send you what I have so you don't have to remake it; basically the form vb.  I don't know how long this download will last so let me know if it gets deleted. Thanks again Teolant, I was getting worried no one would use my ideas.

-Vehicle Destroyer-

EDIT: Fixed download link.

Download Project These are all of my project files of what I designed in the picture above along with my amateur attempts of coding it  :P .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:22:10 am by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Teolant

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 07:04:07 pm »
I have one slight problem; I don't have Visual Studio 2010, I have Visual Studio 2008.

Having looked through Google, and even attempting a manual conversion for your file, I find I am unable to actually use your project.
There are two paths to take;

1) I can remake what you want, from scratch, in Visual Studio 2008. When I send it over to you, VS 2010 will apparently automatically convert it to a VS 2010 file.
Alternatively, I can simply copy the files over to a new project opened in 2008 and fix code errors as necessary, but that returns to the need to convert it back to a VS 2010 file when I send it to you.

2) You can wait for someone else, who has VS 2010, to help you.

It's entirely up to you, whether or not you're prepared to convert the files in 2010 (I don't know if this actually happens and how much effort it is on your part).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:08:10 pm by Teolant »

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 09:45:10 pm »
I have one slight problem; I don't have Visual Studio 2010, I have Visual Studio 2008.

Having looked through Google, and even attempting a manual conversion for your file, I find I am unable to actually use your project.
There are two paths to take;

1) I can remake what you want, from scratch, in Visual Studio 2008. When I send it over to you, VS 2010 will apparently automatically convert it to a VS 2010 file.
Alternatively, I can simply copy the files over to a new project opened in 2008 and fix code errors as necessary, but that returns to the need to convert it back to a VS 2010 file when I send it to you.

2) You can wait for someone else, who has VS 2010, to help you.

It's entirely up to you, whether or not you're prepared to convert the files in 2010 (I don't know if this actually happens and how much effort it is on your part).

You can download an "evaluation" version of 2010 for free, that's what I have (only 13 days left to register!). I only have 2 hours of code done and none of it works well (no errors). Starting from scratch would not be a big deal it may actually be better. The truth I don't NEED the project files back. I would just need the finished .exe to test be for public release. I sent you the project files so you could jump right in to coding and not HAVE to copy the picture above. As you can see I have not much support for this request so I'm not waiting for someone else xD.  Thanks again for your help.

-Vehicle Destroyer-
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Teolant

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:58:06 am »
I've hit a snag.

I don't understand this;

Kills/sec.> Bullets/sec.* Damage % Head/Torso/Legs

Kills/Clip> Ammo* Damage % Head/Torso/Legs

Bullets to kill> 100/Damage % Head/Torso/Legs

According to the formula above, the kills per second, for say the head, is Kill/sec (Head) = Bullets/sec * Damage % Head. Using the data provided by your image;
Kill/sec (Head) = 10 * 15.069
Kill/sec (Head) = 150.69

Yet, your image states "1.5" for that value.
Am I missing something? Either the image is wrong, or the formula provided is wrong.
Could you please clarify the formula for these statistics.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 01:50:41 pm »
Code: [Select]
KillsperSecHead.Text = BulletsPerSec.Text * DamagePHead.Text / 100
KillsPerSecTorso.Text = BulletsPerSec.Text * DamagePTorso.Text / 100
KillsPerSecLegs.Text = BulletsPerSec.Text * DamagePLegs.Text / 100

BulletsPerSec is calculated from Fire Interval. I used the BulletsPerSec.Text to give me Kills per Second because it was easier. I didn't have this coded so I was doing all my calculations with a calculator, and ticks were complicating my formulas. My code above may not help you. A lot of the formulas above are like this, were they make it simple for me and you to do the math but it makes the program go around in circles when it could go straight. The reason for this was that while coding I found that the program would only "calculate" when ANYTHING_TextChanged. So my outline is a bit, weird.

Looks like we have some work to do.

-Vehicle Destroyer-
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:00:53 pm by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Teolant

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 11:55:03 pm »
Code: [Select]
KillsperSecHead.Text = BulletsPerSec.Text * DamagePHead.Text / 100
KillsPerSecTorso.Text = BulletsPerSec.Text * DamagePTorso.Text / 100
KillsPerSecLegs.Text = BulletsPerSec.Text * DamagePLegs.Text / 100
Ah, thanks.

The reason for this was that while coding I found that the program would only "calculate" when ANYTHING_TextChanged.

There's a very good reason for that;
You have code assigned to a textbox, which will only run when a certain event occurs to the textbox. In a vast majority of cases, that will be when the text changes, in a word when ANYTHING_TextChanged.

I'm currently doing really well with this, and you can expect it in the next few days, at worst, in a weeks time. I've also added some extra functionality;
- The ability to edit Recoil
- An image of the weapon will pop up next to the Weapons combo box, and yes, if you open up the weapons.ini file for a mod, it will find and use the Interface Graphics for that mod (if they have them - otherwise, it's set to Soldat's defaults)
- The weapon names in the combo box will change to whatever is custom set, if you open up the weapons.ini file for a mod (takes it from the mods weaponnames.txt file) (if they have them - otherwise, it's set to Soldat's defaults)
- The textboxes will go red if the entered characters are not digits, or there is nothing in there (more on what that means later)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:59:14 pm by Teolant »

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »
- The ability to edit Recoil
- An image of the weapon will pop up next to the Weapons combo box, and yes, if you open up the weapons.ini file for a mod, it will find and use the Interface Graphics for that mod (if they have them - otherwise, it's set to Soldat's defaults)
- The weapon names in the combo box will change to whatever is custom set, if you open up the weapons.ini file for a mod (takes it from the mods weaponnames.txt file) (if they have them - otherwise, it's set to Soldat's defaults)
- The textboxes will go red if the entered characters are not digits, or there is nothing in there (more on what that means later)
Great Stuff! I can't believe I forgot recoil...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:15:38 am by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 04:03:19 am »
Good idea. I'll try to do it. Should not be so hard, the weapons.ini has some good delimiters in it.
The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?
The URL is here

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 04:40:14 pm »
Good idea. I'll try to do it. Should not be so hard, the weapons.ini has some good delimiters in it.

Thanks Stuffy, but Teolant and I have it pretty much covered. I've received the first build and the second should be ready in 2-3 days. If you would like I could send this (build  2) to you. A close Alpha test just for commenting on my thread ;) . If you have any ideas to add post them here or shoot me a personal message.

-Vehicle Destroyer-
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 08:12:51 am »
What language did you use? Visual Basic? I'd like to do it in c#, just for fun.
The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?
The URL is here

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 01:11:41 pm »
I'd like to do it in c#, just for fun.

If you plan on doing this just for fun it will have to be that and only that. You won't be able to release it. Like I said, help Teolant and I. At the moment I'm uploading some icons for Teolant and am starting on some secret graphics  ;D  :o Thanks again guys!

-Vehicle Destroyer-

Edit: Here are the icons. Icons.zip
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:36:53 pm by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Teolant

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 05:30:19 pm »
What language did you use? Visual Basic?
VB .NET

I'd like to do it in c#, just for fun.
Go right ahead.

I'm uploading some icons for Teolant and am starting on some secret graphics
Secret graphics? for what?
Oh, right, they're a secret. Nevermind.

Edit: Here are the icons.
Ah, thank you. Expect the latest version some time today.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 12:42:27 am »
VB.NET is definitely not something i would suggest to use in this case. But anyway current UI is completely messed up. These recommendations might be helpful.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 01:39:42 am »
VB.NET is definitely not something i would suggest to use in this case.

I would know anything about this, and that is why this is a [Request]. This is all on Teolant. xD

But anyway current UI is completely messed up. These recommendations might be helpful.
I truly thank you. Criticism, strong criticism, what a wonderful thing. For this you are also worthy for an alpha test build (build 2). For being the first to give Criticism! Reading the link you gave, I am taking particular note of: Visual hierarchy, Using screen space effectively, Spacing and Control sizing, Resizable windows and most importantly Flow and Grids. This information will be VERY helpful, in this project and any of my next.

I just received build 2 today, and not 10 mins ago sent Teolant a new list (a big list...) of what we need to do next. So this may get pushed back. Who knows how much work this revision of possibly the WHOLE UI will be.

Stuffy and VirtualTT, I have sent you Alpha test builds. Be sure to read the FAQ, Manual and such. And get back to us with as soon as possible!

I am!
-Vehicle Destroyer-
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:51:36 am by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Teolant

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 05:32:35 am »
VB.NET is definitely not something i would suggest to use in this case.
Why not? What language would be more beneficial to write it in and why?

But anyway current UI is completely messed up. These recommendations might be helpful.
Thanks, I'll probably go about redesigning it.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 02:09:55 pm »
If i was going to develop such a tool i would definitely choose C++ / WinAPI. Such a simple application doesn't require all those .NET runtime features and right now it consumes over 45 Mb of RAM - it's way too much.
some testing experience tips:
~show current file name as the window title instead of useless text box
~windows should have fixed dimensions
~toolbar instead of menu would be better since it's kinda unbalanced - only file submenu contains complete set of items
~the rest of window controls probably should be rearranged and properly grouped as well, a simple combobox for weapons and bullet styles instead of both textboxs and lists

Offline Teolant

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »
If i was going to develop such a tool i would definitely choose C++ / WinAPI. Such a simple application doesn't require all those .NET runtime features and right now it consumes over 45 Mb of RAM - it's way too much.
Two questions;
1) Why wouldn't I, instead of doing it in C++, go straight to C#?

2) Aren't C++ (and, by extension C#) .NET anyway? So wouldn't they also include all of those runtime features?

~show current file name as the window title instead of useless text box
~windows should have fixed dimensions
~toolbar instead of menu would be better since it's kinda unbalanced - only file submenu contains complete set of items
~the rest of window controls probably should be rearranged and properly grouped as well, a simple combobox for weapons and bullet styles instead of both textboxs and lists
Duly noted.