Author Topic: melee (not a kung foo idea)  (Read 1781 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
melee (not a kung foo idea)
« on: August 10, 2006, 09:16:04 am »
my Idea is simple, In the game if you are too close to shoot an enemy you wack them with your weapon, I think that every weapon's melee attack should be different, it could be as simple as more damage being hit in the head by a minigun than a fisting.

it could also be complicated like the reach of the weapon is a certain length so you could hit others from farther away and speed of your attacks. (pistol whips would be much faster than a minigun or barret beating but they would have a lower ammount of damage to inflict per hit.)

obviously the chainsaw would have no melee attack and just cut you up (as would the knife)

This could be in the weapons mod as well. (for mods with a bayonett)

not all of these changes HAVE to get in the game, just the basic concept but this idea could really grow into something importaint in the game.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
Re: melee (not a kung foo idea)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 09:35:47 am »
:O

I like.

A lot.

Very much.

Put different animations for each gun.
not around

Offline H31MU7

• Major
  • BOOM HEADSHOT!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:57:04 am »
I dont know, It would take some time I think to change animation files make new ones and such... Though the though of a bayonett sounds good.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 01:08:03 am »
I like where this is going, but in the interests of keeping things as simple as possible, I'd suggest one animation that would work for all guns (if at all possible).
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 01:29:28 pm »
I remember my topic where i suggested that the guns should be swung in simillar a manner.... the ak would work good as a baseball bat.. ;D

Old illustrations...[/u]

But if the differences in reach should work propperly, a active melee button ("leftshift" maybe?) should be added in that case...

If you suddenly start to swing your weapon when youre in beating range of him,
 but you actually want to shoot him instead..... it would be kinda anoying.... :P

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 02:29:31 pm »
heheheh.......i love the illustrations Z, but isnt there something right now where he drops his gun and atuomatically hits them? cause i know i have gotten wierd fist kills
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 04:41:46 pm »
I want a seperate button for a melee attack. Melee does almost no damage; I mean, when i have a shotgun out, I want to shoot the enemy in the face with it, and kill him, not whack him for 1/8th his health. Not to menation melee attacks miss 50% of the time when they are automatic anyways.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 12:43:29 pm »
yeah, i like the idea, but the hit shouldn't be auto, i think. like middle-button on the mouse, or any other key at keyboard.
or maybe if you arn't moving it hits, 'cause i like to shoot close too :P

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 06:52:40 pm »
I want a separate button for a melee attack. Melee does almost no damage; I mean, when i have a shotgun out, I want to shoot the enemy in The face with it, and kill him, not whack him for 1/8th his health. Not to mention melee attacks miss 50% of the time when they are automatic anyways.
you are kidding right? melee hits all the time except when someone moves away, and melee also causes them to drop their weapons.

My suggestion is that the melee be changed and you guys are way off with this separate mouse thing.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 08:21:29 am »
agreed, but id like a seperate button for a melee attack that i could purposefully beat the enemy's gun away.
It gets really annoying when you get close and theres a 0.5 millimeter left that the shot would hit the enemy, but no, he goes fucking fisting.

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 08:25:42 am »
Hmm, melee have a tendency to fail me =/
It's no fun unarming barretards when you can't unamr them!
My aim sucks.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 08:21:59 pm »
Hmm, melee have a tendency to fail me =/
It's no fun unarming barretards when you can't unamr them!
this does not make any sense, wtf are you talking about?

the range would not be a very big difference, the longest would be whacking someone with the middle part of the minigun and the ruger would have sort of a head crushing move.

Offline Kaine

• Major
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 09:49:10 pm »
the seperate gun thing would be an excellent improvment.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 03:42:20 am »
my Idea is simple, In the game if you are too close to shoot an enemy you wack them with your weapon, I think that every weapon's melee attack should be different, it could be as simple as more damage being hit in the head by a minigun than a fisting.

it could also be complicated like the reach of the weapon is a certain length so you could hit others from farther away and speed of your attacks. (pistol whips would be much faster than a minigun or barret beating but they would have a lower ammount of damage to inflict per hit.)

obviously the chainsaw would have no melee attack and just cut you up (as would the knife)

This could be in the weapons mod as well. (for mods with a bayonett)

not all of these changes HAVE to get in the game, just the basic concept but this idea could really grow into something importaint in the game.

Not sure if i understand this do you mean if you are at fist length with an enermy differant weapons would do differant damage?
If so i suport this
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 11:19:57 am »
it would mean a minigun would have a longer range for melee than lets say desert eagles