Author Topic: A coupel of ideas  (Read 980 times)

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
A coupel of ideas
« on: August 15, 2006, 11:37:25 am »
In my humble opinion I think that Soldat needs a few improvements so listen up and discuss it.

1. Multiple gostek sfx-  if we can have different gosteks for Alpha and Bravo then why wouldn't we have separate sfx as well??

2.Multiple bullet gfx and sparks gfx- if someone makes a mod in where there are 2 weapons that fire m79 grenades , this could help to customize soldat even more. Lets say there is a plasma cannon that is intended to shoot plasma like balls that would be colored blue. And on the other side there is a classical frag cannon of some sort. The same thing coul be set for LAW missiles.
Also there could be separate explosions for that so called plasam cannon and frag cannon. This counts in LAW aswell. The same thing could be implemented for spas graphics.
This is a summed up version: if I set Steyraug to shoot shotty pellets then the bullet graphic would be read from steyraug-bullet.bmp and not from spas-bullet.bmp. The same goes from all weapons.
For the explosions I suggest that every weapon can have a folder in sparks-gfx from where it would read all the .bmp files.

And one more suggestion. weapon muzzleflashes 1 and 2 like weapon gfx 1 and 2

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
Re: A coupel of ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 12:04:17 pm »
How would we have differant sound effects? Like for which sounds
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Nikthir

• Major(1)
  • No Limits!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 01:50:08 pm »
I would really like the ability to have some different sound effects for Bravo/Delta team. That would really spice up "Alien vs Robots or something like that"-type mods (which apparently was the purpose of Team2 gosteks).
I guess it'd be possible to make a similar Sfx\Team2\ folder, which for example has different death sounds for Bravo. Having the same "voices" for a robot on Alpha and an alien on Bravo does sound pretty weird...  :)
Anyway, I support this!
Playing since 1.1.3 - and counting...

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 01:51:35 pm »
Ya , finnaly someone agrees with me!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:01:37 pm »
Idea 1 I agree with. Idea 2... it's probably not going to happen anyways, and if it does, I want full mod support, so I can specify projectiles and guns and impact data for every weapon and possibly more than the default number of weapons.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 03:02:41 pm »
I can just hope this will be implemented. I will think this idea more thouroghly and write a professional e-mail to MM. This doesn't have any downsides (except that MM would then have to recode some of the program code)

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 07:24:04 pm »

1. Multiple gostek sfx-  if we can have different gosteks for Alpha and Bravo then why wouldn't we have separate sfx as well??

This would be an awesome upgrade. Maybe it would stop some tking for those who who chose to wear red and they're on bravo and vice-versa.