Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 2089 times)

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
HELP!
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:33 pm »
cannot change visible in Onshow or Onhide

this annoying message is stopping me from playing

after pressing ok, if i try to do anything i start getting all these access violations, each one different each time

recently did an install with XP Home SP2

Tried Uninstalling and reinstalling, removing all files with the ininstall to no avail

setting are at defaults, so it cant be the settings

and there is NOTHING else running when i try to run soldat

i have installed the most recent adobe flash player and have .NET framework 3.5 SP1 installed

what can i try to get soldat to work again? redownloading is also not working

please help

tx guys
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:51:27 pm »
Next time you post a bug please use a better topic name.
Something like "Cannot change visible in Onshow or Onhide on Soldat startup" would be better then just "HELP!".

Plus there are already a few threads about that issue. So try to use the search function first before posting.

Back to the issue:
Most of the other threads recommend you to restart your PC.
Also it seems like the problem fixes itself for some players.

In fact I think it has to do with the flickering when Soldat starts.
The problem might be that your pc is too slow to show the start game tab and select one control (I think it selects one of the game mode controls).

It quickly switches to the start game tab and back to the exit tab (when soldat shows the main form and the the tab headers are not visible).

This problem should have been fixed since the flickering has been removed already.
But to be sure you need to wait for the new bugfix release.

If you still get the problem after some time I can write a test patch which disables the flickering at startup.
However since BE is checking Soldats memory It would be necessary to undo this when you join a game.
I'm not sure when I have time for doing this.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:18:52 pm »
well, ive swapped back to Windows 7 and its working like a charm, its almost like something is Windows XP Home is stopping soldat from running (i used to use Windows XP Professional with no troubles but my disc died)

thankyou for the post however, it is good to see that someone responded, yes, your right, stupid topic name but i had a headache and whatnot from trying to figure out a failed dual boot which i gave up on when i wrote this

tx again :D

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 01:05:51 am »
Alright bumping this 'cause I have the sane problem. My computer broke so I downloaded soldat for the family computer to play some soldat. I downloaded and used the same settings as my old one, only thing is that i'm using windows 7. I have tried a restart & mucking around with settings but I still get the same problem. This computer is better than my other so I doubt it has anything to do with the speed.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 01:22:22 pm »
i had some issue with it on windows 7 also, i now have windows 7 64 bit, make sure that the latest version of DX9 is installed, DX10 helps a bit too

make sure all drivers are up to date, and i find that the game works best from the following shortcut compatibility properties (see attachment)