Author Topic: Exception raised while sending  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
Exception raised while sending
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:53:06 am »
Hey, I'm hosting a few Soldat servers on my VPS and my "client" has and error as in the topic. There was a thread about it on SF already, but it doesn't seem to be the problem of this server, cuz it happens only on 1 server ( I'm hosting 4 atm ). Does anyone have any idea what can cause, if yes - do you know how to fix it.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Exception raised while sending
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:46:39 pm »
Could you please link to the other thread?
Also more information on the issue would be helpful (logs, special settings, scripts, etc).
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:24:06 pm »
Link to the old thread,

My problem doesn't seem to be related to the linked one, cuz it happens only on 1 server. It's not the first time it occurs. I'm running Debian Lenny and the process becomes zombie ( can't be killed ). Servers are started with command:
/home/vsftpd/<login>/soldatserver -p <port> -l <slots> > /dev/null &
For this server login is r0nek, port is 23075 and slots are 14.

There are no problems at all with other servers on the same machine, started in the same way and with same chmods.

Guy who bought this server has also another one, running with almost same scripts, so i doubt it can be the reason ( but not saying it's not it for sure, as my friend had same problem on RPG server ).

Server has a lot of free memory, processor is almost 0%, a lot of free disc space and it doesn't seem to lag or anything like that.

Dunno what more can I say, logs end with just people talking ( there is no error in 'em, r0nek gave it too me, cuz he was on ARSSE when it happened ).

Scripts attached.

Edit:
Last few lines from his ARSSE:
Code: [Select]
(15:18:30) [|BP| Zabobin] D:
(15:18:30) [&B= KleanupGuy] nom
(15:18:31) R!cky captured the Blue Flag
(15:18:32) [|BP| Zabobin] No wiec.
(15:18:36) [Anty|BP| NoName] !balance
(15:18:37) Anty|BP| NoName has joined alpha team.
(15:18:41) Anty|BP| NoName has joined bravo team.
(15:18:45) Exception raised while sending
(16:28:16) Disconnected from 193.169.78.140
Session Close: Pn lut 14 16:28:16 2011
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:44:48 pm by Polifen »

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:45:32 pm »
Seems to happen after the !balance command (at least it looks like that).
Please try to run the server without scripting enabled and let me know if it helps.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:27:59 pm »
I don't believe it's caused just by that one script command. I'm also experiencing this exception sometimes on my two RPG servers (OS debian-5.0-x86) which don't have this "!balance" script. Seeing how many scripts are running on the server that Polifen describes makes me wonder if it has something to do with the amount of LOC that server needs to process. I've run 2 Dodgeball and 1 SkiJumping servers (on the same machine), with just a few scripts (5-10) on them, and never experienced that issue. But on the two servers mentioned before that run my RPG script (~8k LOC) + couple of others scripts it does happen sometimes.
I'm pretty sure disabling scripting will help as I've already tested it and while scripting was off no exceptions were thrown. Also, I've never seen that exception on my home WinXP.