Author Topic: Soldat Map Packer Lite  (Read 3973 times)

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
Soldat Map Packer Lite
« on: September 23, 2010, 04:02:57 pm »
Yo, it's been a while!
This time... Soldat Map Packer again! But now it's command line. This version has much fewer features (can't embed map information into archive nor make screenshots) but I believe it to be actually more functional than the original gui version. And it uses legal archiver (7zip instead of rar)  [retard]

To register with context menu, run "shell registration.exe" - it will make file association within Windows registry and link in sendto folder. If you want to pack few maps each to individual archive, use "Compress with SMP", if you on the other hand want to create single mappack, use "Send to" menu. Archive will be created in current folder.

Binaries include lists of default files from every Soldat version (excepting the oldest, which use .PMP instead of .PMS). These lists should be used to exclude default files when packing (who wants textures\porzeczka.bmp if it's in every Soldat copy right?).

Binaries: here (Windows)
Sources: here (Visual C++ 2010)

Usage information:

File association test:

All links to my previous programs are broken again btw  ;D

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Soldat Map Packer Lite
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:19:07 pm »
I'm glad to see you're still putting code out. I'm also touched to see someone finally making use of 7z in their soldat programs.

Since its non-gui, I'm curious to how trivial it might be to port it to posix. Possibly effortless if you didn't use much of the windows api for anything.

Ill see to fixing the links in the fan apps list thread, as well as appending this to the list, tomorrow if no one beats me to it.
There are other worlds than these

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:27:22 am »
Thank you jgrp <3

I think porting might be rather easy, since I use WinAPI only for:
- getting program path (GetModuleFileName since program path most often isn't cwd)
- finding files with wildcards
- converting char* (exclusion lists contents, map files) to wchar_t* with MultiByteToWideChar
I'm not sure whether strsafe.h is Windows-specific or not though, if not it might be troublesome to convert all functions.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:58:11 am by rainrider »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 05:48:54 pm »
Don't call me pervert for necro'ing this thread, but it seems that the download link is down and I remember this tool to be a real gem. Could anyone upload the files to the forum?

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 07:47:19 am »
Not sure if this is the one you are looking for

Im chill like that

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 02:49:53 pm »
@DC, is it? If yes, then please tell me. I'll attach it to the original post.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."