Author Topic: Is the developement of this game still alive ?  (Read 37660 times)

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
Re: Is the developement of this game still alive ?
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2010, 11:08:03 am »
Hard text here.. But whatabout if MM is just shutting it all down??  :o  But don't be so nasty to EnEsCe. He's gone, don't mock those who are gone.. :)
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2010, 11:38:50 am »
this is a good news for me, there are so many competent people who are willing to help, and the doors are open now

but i hope this won't delay the release of 1.5.1 even more
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2010, 12:07:13 pm »
I know that I'll be lynched for it but whatever... I would like to thank EnEsCe for all his effort that he put into developing soldat here in this topic since the other one is locked. Good job. :)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2010, 12:09:34 pm »
Aww, I can't 'defame' him anymore :(
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2010, 12:13:06 pm »
I know that I'll be lynched for it but whatever... I would like to thank EnEsCe for all his effort that he put into developing soldat here in this topic since the other one is locked. Good job. :)
Nah, at least I'm not lynching you, thats right.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2010, 12:14:05 pm »
Remember, remember, the twenty-seventh of octember! Another turning point in Soldat development history.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Squakingcow

• Major
  • pluck
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2010, 12:35:07 pm »
bwahahhahahaha bwahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha ah.

'bout fucking time.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2010, 12:59:54 pm »
Look at the front page to face the truth. EnEsCe has resigned...

[size=8]It's time for a change![/size]

Mind Asploded!

This caught me off guard... but finally we may rejoice! I sincerely hope MM one-ups this news flash with even better news. Shoozza as main developer, anyone?

However, one thing did catch my eye. Notice in EnEsCe's post he says he has resigned as main developer. So he might still be around to finish up Portal or something... however it probably won't be much of an issue for us any longer.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2010, 01:06:16 pm »
I would like to thank EnEsCe for all his effort that he put into developing soldat here in this topic since the other one is locked. Good job. :)

Me too. It might not have been what we all expected, but still thanks for the effort!

Also I'm not that certain that he left. As Biscuiteer says the topic states 'main developer' and the italic main could mean he'd still be involved. That wouldn't be such a bad idea, since he's probably the one that knows most about Soldat's source.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2010, 01:26:38 pm »
Thanks to EnEsCe for the development of the almost finished soldat 1.5.1 (+thanks to the development of 1.5.0 ofcourse) and doing the least appreciated job at soldat. Let's hope he will continue the development of soldat as a secondary developer.

Let's see if things are going to change now. We really have to change the development of soldat if we want to keep it alive.
Too bad I can't code myself, and I haven't been real active at contributing to soldat last years but I promise I am going to make a some promo vid if soldat is going open source/on real development.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:32:37 pm by PQ »
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2010, 01:30:09 pm »
Shoozza as main developer, anyone?

im not convinced about Shoozzaa, he seems freakin weird to me, but maybe im wrong
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Beowulf Agate

• Major
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2010, 01:34:04 pm »

im not convinced about Shoozzaa, he seems freakin weird to me, but maybe im wrong

Its "Shoozza"  :-\

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2010, 01:45:36 pm »

I too know little about Shoozzaa and why everyone want's him to dev. Soldat; I'm sure with good reason... Like anything new to Soldat, it needs 85% community support. and I'd like to  know why I should support Shoozzaa. FYI, "Hes r only hope!!" is not an argument.

Too bad I can't code myself, and I haven't been real active at contributing to soldat last years but I promise I am going to make a some promo vid if soldat is going open source/on real development.

I was thinking the same thing. There are many of people who would love to help develop. Soldat. But there are other people with other skill sets important to game development. From people that are good at management (if Soldat is to have a 'Team' of developers. they need to be managed.) To someone in charge with 'Public affairs'!! MM said it him self. EnEsCe wasn't good at communicating with the community. And we know how that ended; 11 months  of no progress and not one word.

My point is, yes we need a full group, team, crew, what ever; developing Soldat. But now the question is how do we (the community) find a trust someone? The same goes for MM (and EnEsCe I guess), they didn't trust Shoozza before, will he now, or trust anyone else for that matter. I swear! We're going to get some random guy from MM's transhuman development.

I'm making a new thread about this!

-Vehicle Destroyer-

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:56:13 pm by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2010, 01:50:33 pm »

i know, mistyped

and people seem to choose shoozza because he's good at coding, but i think that personality is important as well (see: enesce)
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2010, 01:54:43 pm »
Who the hell is Shoozza...?

And this is pretty interesting news. The community sure got the boiler hot.

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2010, 01:57:12 pm »
I was thinking the same thing. There are many of people who would love to help develop. Soldat. But there are other people with other skill sets important to game development. From people that are good at management (if Soldat is to have a 'Team' of developers. they need to be managed.) To someone in charge with 'Public affairs'!! MM said it him self. EnEsCe wasn't good at communicating with the community. And we know how that ended; 11 months  of no progress and not one word.
lol, I wanna be soldat's PR agent! I will get us on Groupon! (my work)
hahhahaha

ps. quite funny you spell Shoozza wrong again.
pps. Shoozza is another ex-hacker. He's currently developing arsse and some (legal) chatscript-hack.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2010, 01:57:27 pm »
by the way, i secretely wish Toumaz'd get on the team because he certainly knows how to handle shit
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

DarkCrusade

« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2010, 01:59:27 pm »
Shoozza is a trustable ex-hacker. I like talking to him and another plus is that he can speak German as well.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2010, 02:16:17 pm »
Shoozza is a trustful person who can communicate and i think thats one of the most important things for an indie game. that the Developer is a PART of the community and that neither the dev. nor the community stands alone.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2010, 02:27:46 pm »

...snip...

-Vehicle Destroyer-

You haven't been on these forums long enough to even know about the real issues with EnEsCe(did you know that he intentionally rented servers which artificially showed lower pings than what the ping actually was?), nor how Shoozza has contributed to Soldat. In short: EnEsCe sucks(Isn't trustworthy, as seen multiple times before. Is bitch to the community. Can't deliver, as seen with 1.4.3, 1.5.1 etc) and Shoozza ROCKS(Apart from the fact that he can't deliver openSoldat).
Fight! Win! Prevail!