Author Topic: Is the developement of this game still alive ?  (Read 37483 times)

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Is the developement of this game still alive ?
« on: October 06, 2010, 09:53:17 am »
Well, is it ? Because if current developer doesn't want or can not, for any reason, continue, he should make a public announcement and give development to someone that actually cares. I host Soldat servers since 2005 and I believe I have the right to know, together with the whole community, what the hell is going on. Thanks. 

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
Re: Is the developement of this game still alive ?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 09:59:33 am »
Well, is it ? Because if current developer doesn't want or can not, for any reason, continue, he should make a public announcement and give development to someone that actually cares. I host Soldat servers since 2005 and I believe I have the right to know, together with the whole community, what the hell is going on. Thanks. 

Werd.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 10:48:57 am »
Let's just downgrade to 1.3.1 when everything was much better.

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:57:24 am »
I won't believe that would help Centurion.

Anyways I also would also like to know what's going on, no new version over one year already, when I'm correct..
If this continues soldat will be dead soon, the only thing which holds it alive are the few communities out there imo.

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 11:38:43 am »

Are you retarded? 1.3.1 was the worst of them all.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 04:57:26 pm »

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 10:26:23 pm »
I won't believe that would help Centurion.

Anyways I also would also like to know what's going on, no new version over one year already, when I'm correct..
If this continues soldat will be dead soon, the only thing which holds it alive are the few communities out there imo.

This ^

we should have shoozza as a dev imo.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 06:25:22 am »
" Soldat 1.5.1 Release Candidate version will be out any moment now. Because of this I would like to introduce a kind of promotion." http://soldat.pl written on 07.05.10 Which is excactly 5!!! month ago..

it will not be out the next 2-3 month because of sctfl.
so "out any moment" turns to more than 7-8 month.

Soldat Beta was released on 14.11.2009 which is 11 month ago.

something is really goin wrong here..
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 08:53:23 am »

SCTFL has nothing to do with the actual game.

Anyway, this topic has been discussed numerous of times in the past, yet it seems that neither MM nor EnEsCe has realized that they are making things worse and worse pretty much with everything they do. Soldat has (read: had) much potential but honestly speaking MM had no clue of how to make it really succesful - the last bits of it disappeared when he abandoned Soldat and gave the code to EnEsCe. Soldat was wasted.

For years already - in my opinion - the only thing that has kept Soldat alive is the competitive scene/community. Many people have already quit after the loss of BattlEye. There has been lots of talk about magical anti-cheat features in the upcoming version, but when it's eventually released, it will not hold the cheaters back for long. Not if MM & EnEsCe care for Soldat as little as they do now.

It's been sad to watch how MM has failed time after time with Soldat. The problems have been so obvious for so long time, but did he care? NO!!! CUZ WE NED TEH PORTALZ AND LINK DEID WIL BE TEH MOST AWESOMEST GAME EVA LOLOl. One of the downsides in LD is that MM has to find completely new players; I'd say the people who really like Soldat will not become interested in LD because the games are so different.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 10:06:57 am »

SCTFL has nothing to do with the actual game.

Actually it has , cause if soldats new version would come out right now they would play with an outdated version and stuff. and i guess many people in here will at least try out Link Dead and are interested in it, like i am.

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 12:01:57 pm »
Actually it has , cause if soldats new version would come out right now they would play with an outdated version and stuff.

The version (and servers) used would be updated as soon as possible. Why would the SCTFL staff delay something that's obviously good for the league itself? Not to forget that MM and EnEsCe has no actual connections to the people running the league; one could say they don't even know it exists.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:03:14 am by Dusty »

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 01:58:02 pm »
Please don't let this topic sway into a SCTFL side-debate.

I'd at least like to hear from Enesce concerning the developement  :-\
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 03:20:25 pm »
Yes, I'd agree to this as well. Enesce, pweeez?

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 12:18:09 am »
We haven't had any update on this for quite some time by now. It almost feels like we're being baited sometimes (Oh its almost here.... Release Candidate!).

Surely some kind of update every now and then - atleast once a month - would be reasonable?
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 01:28:22 am »
You guys are right, development for Soldat is on a huge decline. Perhaps it's time for the code to be past on to a new developer, or get more people involved and work with Enesce. Hopefully this thread will do some good and will get Enesce to turn around and say " Oh yes, my Soldat child, I've forgotten to feed you... here you go...."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:34:46 am by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 03:38:40 am »
Actually it has , cause if soldats new version would come out right now they would play with an outdated version and stuff.

The version (and servers) used would be updated as soon as possible. Why would the SCTFL staff delay something that's obviously good for the league itself? Not to forget that MM and EnEsCe has no actual connections to the people running the league; one could say they don't even know it exists.

Just for your information, I checked this from an SCTFL admin. You should too, before claiming something that you have no real knowledge on.
haha the current sctfl is played with the current wm, if new soldat v. would be released right now sctfl would have been played with 2 wm´s. I dont doubt it, but this would have been the funniest thing i have ever seen i guess.

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 06:13:50 am »
haha the current sctfl is played with the current wm, if new soldat v. would be released right now sctfl would have been played with 2 wm´s.

And you think this alone will postpone the release of the new version? If 1.5.1 is finished before the end of SCTFL, it will replace the older version.

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 07:32:46 am »
enesce doenst read anything here so i allow my slef to say to him: fuck your self

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 07:59:36 am »
He actually does read it but he doesn't reply. All he does is cry and ask himself. "WUT HAEV I DONED, TEH WHOUL SALDAT CUMUNITEE HATES MEH??!!" *sadface*

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 04:09:21 pm »
He actually does read it but he doesn't reply. All he does is cry and ask himself. "WUT HAEV I DONED, TEH WHOUL SALDAT CUMUNITEE HATES MEH??!!" *sadface*
Yea, that's a point what many people find annoying, that he reads it but never gives a statement to it..
And like Biscuiteer already said, atleast a update once a month, even when it was just one bugfix, would show us that he is actually working on it.