Author Topic: Is the developement of this game still alive ?  (Read 37482 times)

Offline Silnikos

• Soldier
Re: Is the developement of this game still alive ?
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 04:21:54 pm »
NSC should face the fact that he's not able to keep the project development running and pass the code to someone who actually could do it.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 04:25:29 pm »
Calm down a bit. Imagine being NSC and read the same crying and the same insults everywhere. I wouldn't reply if I was him. He's doing the right thing. Don't feed the trolls.

On the other hand, you guys have a point. The progress EnEsCe makes is very slow. However, I can imagine Soldat's code to be very bad and changing things can cause other parts not to work correctly, so this could be the main reason why the development of Soldat is so slow. And don't forget he's developing Soldat all alone.. sure, he didn't accept Shoozza's help just because he doesn't trust him - what really pissed k off - so that, in order to improve Soldat, Shoozza needed to HACK..

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 06:11:26 pm »
The progress EnEsCe makes is very slow negative.

I bet you meant something like this.
He has f**ked the game up, it's f**king s**t. Even s**ttier than Soldat 0.94c. We need no f**king portal and other s**t that people wouldn't use.

Shoozza did the right thing. He tried to help NSC to develop Soldat but NSC said no. Why bother your ass if no one needs your programming skills? I would've done the very same thing if I was Shoozza.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 07:24:23 pm »
Be at least honest. Soldat was crap in 0.94c and you know it. As unnecessary as the portal is, I find it better than having a crappier WM, crappier bugs, crappier graphics and less gamemodes. I know you are only exaggerating, but it's the bloody truth.

I bet there is progress. Most of it will not be really visable for us, but it's there. Better structured code will make the game faster without you noticing that it runs better, or the communication between server and client gets faster. There are a lot of things that we - the public - can only barely notice.

Additionaly, it's always easy to make one guilty for everything bad. However, if I was in EnEsCe's position I'd have the same problems starting with simple things like understanding the code, and there is a lot of code that needs to be fixed. The really guilty person is MM and noone else.

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 09:01:43 pm »
And don't forget he's developing Soldat all alone.. sure, he didn't accept Shoozza's help just because he doesn't trust him - what really pissed k off - so that, in order to improve Soldat, Shoozza needed to HACK..

LOL, EnEsCe was the biggest hacker in all of Soldat a couple of years before he began to develop Soldat.  The forum moderators back then had to convene to decide whether or not to unban him just from the IRC channel.  I can't imagine a world where that's the reason Shoozza isn't being let in on the development.  Everyone should prolly quit talking on other peoples' behalf.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 10:00:33 pm »
Enesce is reported dead. He was found lying in a garbage dumpster. This was reported on the 9th of October, 2010 on the Soldat Development Website. However, this does not exist so Enesce can suck a fucking dick the dumbcunt who cant even develop 2D game. Give it to someone else if you can't handle it...he doesn't have the balls to code. I bet some new lame "Lobby Lag" or some shit will be introduced nxt year and it will fuck up the whole game completely. I'm just waiting for it to come out to see how fucked up hes made this shit game to be (even more than it already is).

To sum this up...Enesce is probably dead...or is a useless prick.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 10:55:50 pm »
Hold on guys, raging about it won't solve a thing. What needs to be done is for as many as us as possible to calmly state our opinion and ask for some sort of update - or other reasonable request - about the next soldat version.

I bet there is progress. Most of it will not be really visable for us, but it's there. Better structured code will make the game faster without you noticing that it runs better, or the communication between server and client gets faster. There are a lot of things that we - the public - can only barely notice.

Additionaly, it's always easy to make one guilty for everything bad. However, if I was in EnEsCe's position I'd have the same problems starting with simple things like understanding the code, and there is a lot of code that needs to be fixed. The really guilty person is MM and noone else.

I partly agree with you. Yes, understanding and reorganizing old, buggy code can be very time consuming and tedious before any real progress can be made. What the issue is that NSC has already taken LOADS of time, and yet there seems to be hardly anything being done. There have been quite some updates to the beta initially, but they have tapered off long ago. Preparations for the final versions were supposedly under way months ago, but now things have stagnated.

You are right that we can't blame him solely for this mess, but i feel he does deserve much credit for soldat's dwindling production pace. If he really had the drive and motivation soldat probably would be by 1.6.0 by now, who knows. Instead, we are stuck with EnEsCe, thanks to MM. Yet I don't fully blame MM for choosing poorly in this scenario. Back then it wasn't as clear that NSC was the bad man for the job. He had quite the sever renting operation going, and while his distant background as a hacker muddled his reputation, it did demonstrate his ability to code. MM's choice in having EnEsCe be the developer of Soldat is not what bothers me. What bothers me is that, with all of the lack of progress in Soldat along with the whole false lag fiasco is that he chooses to keep him in his current position. I remember one of his points was that 'no matter what, he is still developing Soldat'. To this day it still doesn't make any sense to me. The right man for the job not only should be talented in coding but dedicated to his job as well. Yes, he is still developing Soldat (we hope), but at this pace? Surely MM sees by now that EnEsCe is not developing Soldat quickly enough so as to keep the game afloat? If MM really cares about Soldat, he should consider replacing EnEsCe with someone else.

If all else fails, I wonder if a community-driven topic designed to calmly request some sort of update from the higher ups would be possible?
Un ~ Biscuiteer

DarkCrusade

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 11:16:51 pm »
@n00b: I just tried pointing out that there is no apparent reason why Shoozza shouldn't develop Soldat other than some random bullshit (I think I may call it like that) like "I don't want him to develop Soldat". The big why between everything is.. why? Why can't we have someone who's capable? Why can't we have someone who really enjoys his work and who is encouraged enough to work hard?

@Bisquiteer: I assume it's some kind of nepotism. Or MM just doesn't care enough about Soldat. Lack of time is no excuse. A potential developer (k) is there.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 11:32:55 pm »
You guys need to let this game go and find some other game to play.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 11:33:58 pm »
Common sense disagrees.

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 03:37:28 am »
You guys need to let this game go and find some other game to play.
Soldat is a unique game, find something similar which is as funny and special like it.
Besides that you don't even have to pay for it. (Which also holds Soldat alive at some point imo)

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 11:58:08 am »
This game has too much potential for us to just forget about it. There is nothing like it.

I just want depth and balance in soldat.

I wish the developer would simply do what it takes to make the game deep and balanced. If the damn chainsaw is not viable, FIX IT, and no don't just mess with the INI file, that is hopeless.

The game is too good for me to stop playing regardless of the small community.

<-----DustyDisk

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 01:59:12 pm »
Btw, I haven't seen EnEsCe in soldat.devs for almost two weeks, MM is there quite often, though. Also he posted some news on his facebook wall (something about link dead). Maybe I'll stick there this topic?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2010, 02:39:01 pm »
I'd say do it, would be really nice to hear what he's going to say about this.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2010, 05:39:41 pm »
Btw, I haven't seen EnEsCe in soldat.devs for almost two weeks, MM is there quite often, though. Also he posted some news on his facebook wall (something about link dead). Maybe I'll stick there this topic?

he doesnt really reply much about soldat currently but about link dead. so just ask like that "what would you do if you would have given link dead´s dev to a random guy who is slowing hardly"  [pigtail] joking..
maybe some guys who have contact to them (MM,NSC) could ask them for just some piece of text with some information.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline MetalBrewer

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2010, 02:12:10 am »
Enesce is reported dead. He was found lying in a garbage dumpster. This was reported on the 9th of October, 2010 on the Soldat Development Website.
[...]
To sum this up...Enesce is probably dead...or is a useless prick.
Useless prick.
Compare his activity on http://forums.soldat.pl and http://talkprizes.com/, you'll know he's not dead at all.

Offline InoX

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2010, 04:42:29 am »
i didnt read the whole thing but, why everyone think the old versions are better?
I play since 1.2 on irc community, and i think the actual one is the best ever made.
I mean comon, this is nostalgia, 1.2 was crap ( 100% barrets in pubs, 100%spray in cws ), 1.3.1 was the s**ttiest version ever made
1.4.2 was great and if we had a good antihack 1.5 would be perfect ( maybe with slight weapons balance changes -- > 1.5.1 ).
The only thing i dislike is the weapons mods and scripts. Its hard to find a good pub nowadays

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2010, 01:55:24 pm »
http://talkprizes.com/
So eC is spending time participating in scams rather than developing Soldat ahahahaha holy lol
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 02:04:08 pm »
http://talkprizes.com/
So eC is spending time participating in scams rather than developing Soldat ahahahaha holy lol

same thing lmao
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2010, 02:49:51 pm »
Imo we all should mail Michal to let him know what's going on with soldat development right now as he has no idea(doesnt want to know?) whats going on! He should come back and choose a real dev team.

Also agreed with posts saying that enesce should do some good coding work withing new few days and release new soldat or just abandon it as it is.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 02:56:49 pm by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that