Author Topic: Is the developement of this game still alive ?  (Read 37484 times)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Re: Is the developement of this game still alive ?
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 02:55:17 pm »
You guys need to let this game go and find some other game to play.
Agreed!
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 11:16:20 pm »
Who here remembers openSoldat?  Has development for that stopped as well?

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 01:49:39 am »
Unfortunately it's more like development of openSoldat didn't even begin properly.
However i don't think that such an awesome gameplay slice can be kept forgotten for a long time. Especially considering recent lack of new ideas in gaming industry...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 02:41:47 am »
Considering that the last time EnEsCe logged in was 3 days ago I leave all my hopes on a sudden support of helpful elves.

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 02:41:11 pm »
Seems like this topic is dying (like similar others)
Well.. anything new about MM or NSC, or do we still have the same problem?
NSC not responding in any way and MM not knowing whats going on..? :/
I hoped this topic would help, but it seems like Soldat is really going to die in near future, because nothing is done.

Offline kunderez

• Major(1)
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 02:56:10 pm »
If the developers are too tired of trying to enhance/fix Soldat, I volunteer as a programmer.

FYI:
- I'm not a newbie programmer
- I don't seek financial benefits

DarkCrusade

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 03:15:44 pm »
Sorry to disappoint you, kunderez, but there is only little hope for you. EnEsCe doesn't know you (I believe) and someone else's dream of becoming Soldat's developer have been shot down already.. (Shoozza).

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 01:24:04 am »
Especially considering recent lack of new ideas in gaming industry...

I wouldn't say that. Besides WE don't need new ideas in the gaming industry. WE don't need new ideas for Soldat (I, for one liked aim lag but no one else did) at least that's not what the community or this thread is asking for. Not one bug fix in 11 months. Not one. Not a word from EnEsCe. Not one. Not a word from MM (about Soldat) Not one! This is what we ask for. A reasonable amount of progress. "If" MM is done fine we've got EnEsCe. "If" EnEsCe is done, I'd like to know! He shouldn't drag this out. The fan app I'm working on is useless if there's no "FANS" to use it. I understand it could be hard (IMPOSSIBLE!!) to trust someone with the source to Soldat but there are tons of people who want to code/program just for the hell of it, just for the learning experience. And if you combine that with someones dedication/love (for many Soldat players YEARS of dedication) to Soldat there's GOT to be one person that has the dedication and heart, skill and support, to make Soldat the best Soldat it can be.
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 02:56:54 am »
I started this thread with the hope of an answer from enesce or MM. Seems this is not gonna happen. I must assume the game has been abandon by the developers. It's a pity.

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 04:49:11 am »
So, Enesce, apart from being inactive in this forum, is tweeting his favourite yt videos and developing hacks(redemption checkers etc) for lockerz like there's no tomorrow. He started as a hacker, and still, to this day enjoys making silly bypasses. It's his calling. No shame in that. He's probably good at it.

MM on the other hand is preoccupied with Linkdead development, claims to have given up on his past vices yet at the same time reaping the rewards of being 'soldat developer' e.g. this recent interview. He mostly references/talks about soldat as an excuse to promote LinkDead.

IT'S TIME TO PASS THE TORCH TO SOMEONE ELSE!

[edit] fixed links
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:09:06 am by n2j3 »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 05:08:59 am »
Posts Per Day: 8.30

yeah

if the community is not licking his ass he quits

oh and this is classic:
Rushed work will just end up messy and full of more bugs than ever. And yes, 1.5.1 was meant to be bug fixes only, originally I fully intended it to be that way, but when the Soldat Forums decided to be dickfaces towards me for many weeks (and probably still going on), things changed. Could you sit for 5+ hours every day, only fixing bugs, knowing that the people you do it all for are just bitching about you behind your back? No, you’d go and do something fun, explore ideas and possibilities to create new features. That’s how 1.5.1 became what it is now. Bugs are being fixed now though (Most recent one being access violations in demos, which is now fixed in 1.5.0 live too. Old demos still wont work though)

(about 13 months ago)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:18:59 am by Dusty »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 05:28:48 am »
MM is being informed and said he gonna reply soon.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:02:22 am by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 06:31:02 am »
The comments in this thread are a prime example of why development on this FREE, time consuming spaghetti-code game has progressively gotten worse.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 06:55:48 am »
You mean the things said here are right? About both being busy with other stuff? Or just you needing to get some ass-licking to get down to coding? Anyways it's not a matter of getting agressive here but if you have no interest in developing and MM agrees im sure someone else is willing to carry on COUGH Shoozza COUGH

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 07:08:23 am »
The comments in this thread are a prime example of why development on this FREE, time consuming spaghetti-code game has progressively gotten worse.
A prime example why this should be handed over to somebody else. Somebody that doesn't get phased by the facts. Someone that doesn't have exclamation mark-laden adverts of his own servers (only €0.70/$1 per player!) in his signature and isn't in it for a quick buck (ref. lockerz live redemption checker)

Offline Quantifier

• Major
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2010, 07:13:52 am »
Then you admit, community is right and you're not able to cope with development.
Soldat needs an active coder. Whining self-proclaimed martyrs are useless.
You ought to get back to work, or quit your position and let others do it.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2010, 07:47:37 am »
How about you give it over to Shoozza or that other guy who wants to develop it and let them work on it. You can go post 8-10 times or watever the fuck it is on ur other lame forum and give the game to someone else to work on. If it is such a "spaghetti like code" you have claimed it be why dont u start fucking fixing it then. If you cant be fucked doing it, im sure theres others out there who can. And I'm very sure they will be doing it for FREE too as you also claimed. Now quit ur whining and give us some feedback on what the fuck you have done.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline TmTgr

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Major
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2010, 07:53:45 am »
I can't believe I'm going to say this but...

All you idiots should shut up unless you actually know what it's like to work a large badly coded project.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2010, 07:59:45 am »
I can't believe I'm going to say this but...

All you idiots should shut up unless you actually know what it's like to work a large badly coded project.

you have no clue about what we are talking right ? we are not talking about the goddamn code we just want some FREQUENTLY updates / posts about the current status, about what is going on.

by the war, this war wont lead anywhere ..
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline kunderez

• Major(1)
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2010, 09:32:00 am »
btw, I have lots of experience in refactoring spaghetti-coded projects and I'm not the one who is going to be scared about it... It is just what I do for living... every single day.

I assure you that I have the skills to improve/fix Soldat. If you don't believe me, it's ok, because I undestand that I am a nobody in this forum and thus hard to believe/trust...