Author Topic: INF Iceland [beta]  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Adler

• Major(1)
INF Iceland [beta]
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:48:12 am »
Hello everyone, this is my first post and the first map i've made. I see that not many people are active here (anymore), i hope some try out this map and give me some feedback. I want to change/improve a few things but this map is already playable and i've set Waypoints for the AI (what sadly many here don't). I'm not so much about the optic, more the gameplay and fun, the AI etc. i would like to know if you enjoy the map or find some bugs or think i should make something harder/easier. I think yet it's a little bit to easy for the red team but i only play with the AI. Have fun :D

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
Re: INF Iceland [beta]
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:41:29 pm »
You did a pretty decent job with eliminating the polybounces on the map (ramps etc.) and seems like you know what you are doing but here and there u sill made quite a mess that you should avoid C: You also used a bunch of big BG sceneries that really like to kill PCs for no resons - limiting them is something you should always take into consideration (its far from causing problems on this one, but if u happen to make some more "flashy" problems... don't be surprised).
I won't talk about visuals because u already mentioned you didnt really care about them.

Offline Adler

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:33:19 am »
Thank you Viral. What kind of mess did i do? :D I took the BG sceneries out now, though my computer isn't the newest and it was fluent here, i thought it will work on every other computer as well.

Can't i edit my other post and change the attachments?
I did a little update, with improved AI Waypoints, the visuals and poly creations. Though it's still not finished. I want to make another path and do a bit more on the visuals and a bit here and there. So it's ok if you give me feedback on everything :)

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 08:51:56 am »
If you look at "Scenery" box in your polyworks, you can see all sceneries u used on the current map. You also have few checkboxes - rotate and scale. If selected, theyd allow you to do these operation when placing a scenery. Try using it to make the scenery look less copy-paste like :b Also the "Opacity option" under in palette affect next sceneries, as well as polygons - might be helpful to blend in some sceneries that stand out too much.

About the mess i meant sometimes you went a bit crazy (mostly where the ramp/slopes are) and i think you couldve make it look a bit less chaotic, but its still quite well done..

PS. Post your map screenshots without waypoints toogled ON (numpad 8 to toggle on/off) so we can actually see the map xD