Author Topic: New Developers?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
New Developers?
« on: October 27, 2010, 02:04:00 pm »
There are many people who would love to help develop Soldat. But there are other people with skill sets important to game development. From people that are good at management (if Soldat is to have a 'Team' of developers. they need to be managed.) To someone in charge with 'Public affairs'!! MM said it him self. EnEsCe wasn't good at communicating with the community. And some to just come up with crazy ideas!

My point is, yes we need a full group, team, crew, what ever; developing Soldat. But now the question is how do we (the community) find a trust someone? The same goes for MM and EnEsCe I guess...

Everyone wants Shoozza to code Soldat. Why is he eligible to develop Soldat? Why are YOU eligible to be part of Soldat development?? If you think you can help post your reasons below.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:46:43 pm by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: New Developers?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:07:23 pm »
The same goes for MM (and EnEsCe I guess), they didn't trust Shoozza before, will he now, or trust anyone else for that matter. I swear! We're going to get some random guy from MM's transhuman development.

Just clarifying some things:

They both trust(ed) Shoozza, EnEsCe just didn't want to work with him on it. And right now MM's transhumandesign dev team is just MM, along with some sound/art people and beta testers. There is no "random guy."
There are other worlds than these

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 02:34:29 pm »
Yeah, MM may be a bit crazy, but he's not stupid.
He wouldn't put his masterpiece in the hands of an amateur or stranger.
b&

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 02:50:12 pm »
Hey everyone my name is Vehicle Destroyer, it's the name my mother gave me, she felt is was my calling, she was disappointed when I when into game development. I live in the U.S. I am learning C++ and CAD (3D modeling). I can't code at the moment but I understand programing, the work that goes into it and the limitations. My ideas and envision for Soldat reflect this. My (many) ideas are both simple, practical and realistic. I'm so smart I've invented things that were already invented and are earning millions. I have small group management experience. I can do public relations, I've been around several communities that had developers that would never talk, so I know what the right words can do to settle question or concerns. I think I have something unique to give to Soldat. I've been around Soldat for about a year and a half. I see the potential in games like Soldat, and I feel Soldat has room for growth even now. I hope you give me a chance to show you what I can do.

-Vehicle Destroyer-
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:08:10 pm »
There are many people who would love to help develop Soldat. But there are other people with skill sets important to game development. From people that are good at management (if Soldat is to have a 'Team' of developers. they need to be managed.) To someone in charge with 'Public affairs'!! MM said it him self. EnEsCe wasn't good at communicating with the community. And some to just come up with crazy ideas!

My point is, yes we need a full group, team, crew, what ever; developing Soldat. But now the question is how do we (the community) find a trust someone? The same goes for MM and EnEsCe I guess...

Everyone wants Shoozza to code Soldat. Why is he eligible to develop Soldat? Why are YOU eligible to be part of Soldat development?? If you think you can help post your reasons below.
Hey everyone my name is Vehicle Destroyer, it's the name my mother gave me, she felt is was my calling, she was disappointed when I when into game development. I live in the U.S. I am learning C++ and CAD (3D modeling). I can't code at the moment but I understand programing, the work that goes into it and the limitations. My ideas and envision for Soldat reflect this. My (many) ideas are both simple, practical and realistic. I'm so smart I've invented things that were already invented and are earning millions. I have small group management experience. I can do public relations, I've been around several communities that had developers that would never talk, so I know what the right words can do to settle question or concerns. I think I have something unique to give to Soldat. I've been around Soldat for about a year and a half. I see the potential in games like Soldat, and I feel Soldat has room for growth even now. I hope you give me a chance to show you what I can do.

-Vehicle Destroyer-
Lol'd.

EDIT: Whoopsie. My first warning in soldat forums. I just couldn't refrain myself. Sorry. :)

Self promotion? Anyway, decision lays in MM's hands so I don't really see a point in this topic. We need to wait for his official announcement.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:18:50 pm by Wookash »
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 03:14:41 pm »
Let's just wait for MM before starting topics like this. + I really hope I am feeding a troll right now.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 04:48:32 pm »
Self promotion? Anyway, decision lays in MM's hands so I don't really see a point in this topic. We need to wait for his official announcement.

The point is to get a group of eligible people with a wide skill set who want to help with Soldat get seen by MM, EnEsCe and The community, and possibly become part of the officially development. (Save the whales, right?)

I understand, we should wait for MM. What he has to say is the greatest  domination. But I'd still like to see who is interested in being part of the officially development.

Self promotion is all I can do for now, untill I can prove myself. My fan app -that is in beta now- is drawing little attention.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:22:36 pm by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
  • Polybugger off, I'm mapping! D:
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 06:12:01 pm »
 A hundred-some-odd 'Things're changing! What now?!' threads. I'll reside in this one.

I say I'm in. If I can't get the coding aspect, I'm also skilled with textures, Logos, Arts, Musics (Including MOD/XM/IT/S3M formats) and sound.

And did I mention the near-unlimited free time? :P
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
WARNING: This thread may contain nuts!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

- LIST OF MY MAPS ON TMS -