Author Topic: Carry your mates lol  (Read 1639 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Carry your mates lol
« on: October 24, 2010, 05:49:39 am »
Maybe have a feature were u can carry ur mates like...piggy back them sort of.

Features include:
- Two players with one on top of the other / Depends who is chosen to be on bottom or top
- Move much slower
- Increased aim for the person on top
- Person on the bottom cannot shoot but can only slowly walk
- Person below acts as a shield...so it is harder to kill the enemy on top of the player on the bottom (person on the back of the player).
- If person below does die...then the player on top can get off and start shooting, running etc.
- Person on top can die but the chances are lower and less he gets headshotted or shot at which is much harder.
- Piggybacker can get off his back whenever he wants...or the player on the bottom can release him whenever he wants.

If you guys can elaborate or possibly discuss more on this issue...it does sound pretty funni. I wouldn't mind somethin like this being remotely implemented...if there is a new version coming out in the next 5-10 years or so.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

DarkCrusade

Re: Carry your mates lol
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 05:54:27 am »
Bullshit.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 06:57:34 am »
There is no point.. If soldat could have: Soldier's dying mod, (If somebody shoots you thatlike that you don't die, your energy just drops just to 1, you stay alive 5 seconds) Then, If someones carrying him away, his life is saved. Then I could agree with you, but thats stupid idea too.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
  • Polybugger off, I'm mapping! D:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 12:21:44 pm »
 Mebbe if you could pick up and throw ANYONE that could be fun. My Mr. T bot could then throw the other bots hellafar. :D
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
WARNING: This thread may contain nuts!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

- LIST OF MY MAPS ON TMS -

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 03:59:35 pm »
now i know, why they say drugs are not good
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 06:43:54 am »
But that would be fun, if you could catch enemy and throw him away.. :D By pressing (when fists are on) RMB and LMB  same time, your soldier throws enemy away, and all enemys weapons drop. And if you throw enemy onto other enemies, they fall down too, and lose their weapons.. :D I'd love that.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 11:20:05 am »
sounds like a gay bar

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 08:51:13 pm »
sounds like a gay bar

lol, touche

anyways, dont get me wrong here, its not that it isnt possible, and yes it sounds funny

but, looking at this from a devs point of view:

in order for this to work, player to player colliders would have to be added, and if they were, there would be:

#1: abuse of opposite teams bouncing off eachother, sending eachother in completely different directions if they collided hard enough (possible bug or implication)

#2: not to metion the incrediable amount of coding needed to get this idea stable enough as to not annoy anyone (Base Spawn Player Team Explosions anyone?)

heres something i drew quickly to illustrate what might just happen, dw its only 32 kb it wont kill ur bandwidth;) (hope u like it, a humorous attempt at illustrating a possible bug, maybe i need to do this more so i can draw better but i hope u get the idea :D):

Mebbe if you could pick up and throw ANYONE that could be fun. My Mr. T bot could then throw the other bots hellafar. :D

#3: This /\: would need a brand new format, as to be able to pick players up, it would need:

-more hardcoding to the players actions
-a new format for colliders and/or the player wireframe
-more stabilising work

as fun as it sounds, i dont think MM himself will agree with this idea, it would just be too tedious to add

correct me if im wrong here
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:53:31 pm by frosty »
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 08:10:12 am »
This is like a joke thread, I didn't atleast post my vision like :| .
It could be fun, but strange thing. And hard to make. I thought that just if you pick up an enemy, and throw him, he collides.
Sorry if I'm insolent.