Author Topic: vehicles?  (Read 7450 times)

Offline xan22

• Major(1)
vehicles?
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:32:29 pm »
because players are so small why not add vehicles? like a tank or a helicopter? or add moving platforms and doors!

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 04:38:26 pm »
So vehicle would move backwards/forwards and what?

Never. This has been discussed numerous times before, and it's been said that there will be no vehicles in the game, ever.
Moving platforms/doors would require map format update, which will not happen either.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline xan22

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:42:00 pm »
im new to forums but it really should have doors

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:46:01 pm »
But still you should have read the sticky.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline xan22

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 04:48:07 pm »
the heli would fit 3 people they can make a huge map for it i still wish they had it or at least a mod if there is one post the link

:(  this is why i dont forum its the stupid rules oh well what about new player modles

the game gives you the basic player modle and you can add polygons to your player module alowwing you to change how you look ! instead of hats and colers and maybe you can add perks like sprinting?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:55:14 pm by xan22 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 07:41:47 pm »
i totaly agree all games need doors. like minesweep it needs doors so you can click on mine and not die like if you uncover a door you can have 1 free click anywhere an you dont die because you're hiding behind the door and yea i realy like perk idea its a good trend every game has perk now. my friends an i were playing pokemon yesterday an we put in perks like you dont need energy cards if you have holographic pokemon an i won coz i have all hologrpahic charizard and mew

i was playing robot unicorn the other day and i also came up with vehical idea, why not have robot unicorn in tank? ofc it needs to be relistic so no jumping and stuff ok
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:58:29 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:30:06 am »
because players are so small why not add vehicles? like a tank or a helicopter? or add moving platforms and doors!
No no no no. But doors could be nice, excatly in TW.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 11:23:17 am »
@Espadon:
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
  • Polybugger off, I'm mapping! D:
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 11:38:39 am »
@Espadon:

Thought vehicles were up there on the DO NOT DISCUSS list of things people were tired of being asked about adding, But something akin to TRIBES or other games with a 'backpack' system could be interesting. You know, Instead of a jetpack have, I dunno.. A $%^& skateboard or something you could pick as well because with the amount of slopes, Cliffs and bumps any other vehicle would be just.. Dumb.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
WARNING: This thread may contain nuts!

- LIST OF MY MAPS ON TMS -

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 11:38:02 pm »
Who said we should abide by those rules anymore? I believe they should be abolished since the "former developer" (even if you thought he did work) is not existent anymore to this community. That list should be taken down and a new one should be sorted out.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 12:19:08 am »
You don't want vehicles, a shitload of new weapons, new power-ups, destructible terrain, liquids, genders and climbing as an official gamemode, do you? ...

Offline ValiS

• Major
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 02:26:38 am »
While you are at it, I always thought Teabagging should be added, because now when I kill someone, I have to manually press crouch several times and then type TEABAGGED or smth to explain to the victim that I teabagged him. But it should be like /victory only /teabag which would make my soldat automatically go trough a teabagging animation and also would write in chat YOUVE BEEN TEABAGGED or smth. Because teabagging is such a critical feature it really should be officially added. And then when vehicles are implemented we could teabag in a car like real lovers.
I eat EFCs for breakfast (with a lot of ketchup ...)

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 03:36:28 am »
While you are at it, I always thought Teabagging should be added, because now when I kill someone, I have to manually press crouch several times and then type TEABAGGED or smth to explain to the victim that I teabagged him.

and it should be an official game mode too!

Who said we should abide by those rules anymore? I believe they should be abolished since the "former developer" (even if you thought he did work) is not existent anymore to this community. That list should be taken down and a new one should be sorted out.

While I agree, most, if not all of "The Don't-Suggest List" and rules are made in principle. Soldat is an infantry game, it goes against Soldat to add vehicles. Plus they're stupid and would change the game too much xD. It goes the same with
vehicles, a s**tload of new weapons, new power-ups, destructible terrain, liquids, genders and climbing as an official gamemode.
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 12:14:36 pm »
Don't wanna be an ass, but this thread deserves nothing but trolling.

Not that I'm completely against vehicles, but dammit.. I hate people who can't use the search feature or even their own head.
grumble grumble...

i totaly agree all games need doors. like minesweep it needs doors so you can click on mine and not die like if you uncover a door you can have 1 free click anywhere an you dont die because you're hiding behind the door and yea i realy like perk idea its a good trend every game has perk now. my friends an i were playing pokemon yesterday an we put in perks like you dont need energy cards if you have holographic pokemon an i won coz i have all hologrpahic charizard and mew

i was playing robot unicorn the other day and i also came up with vehical idea, why not have robot unicorn in tank? ofc it needs to be relistic so no jumping and stuff ok
Speaking of Pokemon, they totally must be added to Soldat.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:17:41 pm by L[0ne]R »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 12:54:32 am »
While we are at it, I just watched another episode of One Piece and I really think there should be a gamemode where one player has Gum Gum-power!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 07:04:29 am »
DarkCrusade...that had nothing to do with the topic thread "Vehicles". Useless post is useless.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 04:02:55 pm »
DarkCrusade...that had nothing to do with the topic thread "Vehicles". Useless post is useless.
I think you read the topic name wrong. Look closer - it clearly says "ohai im another noob who cant read or search forums but i like to make silly threads plz troll me".

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 04:16:21 pm »
We should have the dragonflies back.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 04:26:34 pm »
I think this thread has given me all the trolling I need to see for this month.
But anyways, while we're at it, I want a "Buttsecks" feature. Now.

Any admins care to lock?
b&

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
  • Polybugger off, I'm mapping! D:
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 05:12:18 pm »
 All joking aside, The only vehicles I could see fitting into a game/terrain like this would be the Metal Slug, But then there'd be licensing issues. XP
WARNING: This thread may contain nuts!

- LIST OF MY MAPS ON TMS -